Twitter: Broaddus talking about Stephen Jones

blueblood70

Reaction score
yeah he appears to be cheap as hell
in what world? maybe they dont go all Vegas with high risk FAS , it has NOt always been like that but foir sure cheap doesnt pay AC, Zeke, Tyrone, Dlaw, JS, Martin, Tfred, Lee, LC, and others big time top 5 money at theoer psotions..that recently but look at the aggressiveness to sign Barber and both jones at RB the idsiotic trades for Roy wiliams etc Romos deal, how about Carrs massive deal..they've paid out big bucks for many player in the past, some highest at their positions. Want cheap see top 10 in cap room but look to top 5 in cap money and ;astly look at teams who let their players go and trade them when their second contacts are most are in that area in cap room..

not sure you understand what cheap is but they are around 13th in the league in cap space and did their best to have some money for dak and 2021 lower salary cap this past offseason..

so frugal in FA spending yes, spends big money on their own players remaining with the team, um that not cheap..

cheap doesnt build att, cheap doesnt make sperate new STAR in Frisco, cheap doesnt look to travel to two separate training camps and takes care of their players.. cant have the rep that you are cheap yep they spoils their players with lavishness elsewhere..

i think some past mistakes in FA over paying and trades that busted made them less risky but cheap is far from words attached to the Jonses family

We'd be the NYY if there wasnt salary cap..cheap,is the marlins ie the jets LOL

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Not sure what one word best describes little Stephen.

incompetent or cheap

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jerry Jr's main job is to negotiates with the players. Picking them is a team effort. And even in negotiations he has a boss he has to adhere too. So the main problem is and always will be... Jerry Jones.

Motorola

Reaction score
I chuckle when I view 'Jerry this, Jerry that' posts - with regards to situations and moves done by the Cowboys.
Stephen is the heir apparent to running the franchise. His father brought him in some years ago to eventually take over. With the bestowed titles and requisite responsibilities, SJ has forged ahead to establish, then influence the decisions and directions that affect the team.
It's not just the Owner-Presidenr-GM as the final say in major decisions; it is also the Executive Vice President -CEO - Director of Player Personnel. putting in his opinions on what the outcomes should be.
If it is not equal weight on what Jerry and Stephen think what should be done on all things Cowboys - it is close.....1A & 1B.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah put me down as thinking the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Oil salesmen trying to think they are good at football. It's really worked well all around since Jimmy left... at this point they are better just doing the opposite of their final decision whatever the case. Will probably work out better for all of us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I chuckle when I view 'Jerry this, Jerry that' posts - with regards to situations and moves done by the Cowboys.
Stephen is the heir apparent to running the franchise. His father brought him in some years ago to eventually take over. With the bestowed titles and requisite responsibilities, SJ has forged ahead to establish, then influence the decisions and directions that affect the team.
It's not just the Owner-Presidenr-GM as the final say in major decisions; it is also the Executive Vice President -CEO - Director of Player Personnel. putting in his opinions on what the outcomes should be.
If it is not equal weight on what Jerry and Stephen think what should be done on all things Cowboys - it is close.....1A & 1B.

Foolish boy you are to beIieve Jerry is not truly in charge.:muttley:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
different shows, different people. Broaddaus actually have some people in the league he's worked with and talk to. He also worked for the Jones's

He's a bitter turd and it seems like he has lost most of his inside intel. Seriously, if he was considered a good talent evaluator someone would have picked him up. So I think the NFL community has spoken on him. As far as Jones goes, it is hard to tell. It does seem that he is adverse to spending money to improve and he also has little to no interest in Free Agency. Spending money on JAGs is one thing. Signing free agents like Deion and trading for Haley worked back in the day because they were difference makers. We haven't done that king of thing since the glory days. Jerry Jones won by being a gambler. Jerry Jones the bargain basement guy has never worked!!!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Nah Broaddus is alright
I was speaking of the "radio personalities" on theFan. Broaddus really isn't a radio guy despite now being on the radio. I don't think any of those guys have ever had a real job.

Dre11

Reaction score
He's a bitter turd and it seems like he has lost most of his inside intel. Seriously, if he was considered a good talent evaluator someone would have picked him up. So I think the NFL community has spoken on him. As far as Jones goes, it is hard to tell. It does seem that he is adverse to spending money to improve and he also has little to no interest in Free Agency. Spending money on JAGs is one thing. Signing free agents like Deion and trading for Haley worked back in the day because they were difference makers. We haven't done that king of thing since the glory days. Jerry Jones won by being a gambler. Jerry Jones the bargain basement guy has never worked!!!!!

why would he be bitter? i see you dont listen to the guy, because he'll tell you he wasnt a good enough scout and that's why he got fired as one, heard Stephen and Jerry give him much respect. He still talks to guys around the league, John Snyder(GM seattle) is one I know for sure, think Lombardi was his best man in his wedding

RS12

Reaction score
Just because someone hands you a position or you are thrust into it, does not mean that you will ever be equipped for it, or grow into it. You see that in every office in the country.

My problem with Cletus and son is there are no consequences for failure. In fact they get rewarded by getting richer by the second. Accountability would change things but ain't happening here.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
why would he be bitter? i see you dont listen to the guy, because he'll tell you he wasnt a good enough scout and that's why he got fired as one, heard Stephen and Jerry give him much respect. He still talks to guys around the league, John Snyder(GM seattle) is one I know for sure, think Lombardi was his best man in his wedding

Uh, he is a bitter turd because he got shitcanned from a cushy job. I guarantee he isn't making the money or getting the same exposure as he did as a mouthpiece for the Cowboys. LOL

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus has never said he wasnt a good scout. He'll tell you he had opportunities to go elsewhere but didn't because he was raising a kid and scouts are always on the road. He wanted a front office type job like had so he would be in one place but that offer never came. But really liked the media role he was offered.