Twitter: Broaddus talking about Stephen Jones

visionary

Reaction score
We're fans. We want them to win, not make money. Even though that is the name of the game: be profitable, but winning is also the name of the game because, well, it is a game.

Fans drive the business in the end and they want what they want.

But I do get what you said about if you owned a team, you'd want to play with your toy.

you say that as if the Patriots and Chiefs and Seahawks and Steelers don’t have owners?

he has absolutely no point

the Joneses are total morons and there is no two ways about it

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Correct. I believe what Brian is saying on this. He knows a lot of other GM’s personally.

And Stephen Jones has accomplished nothing and is only in his position because of his daddy.
But rumor was that Broaddus quit the Cowboys because of an argument with Stephen Jones. If true he has disgruntled employee status.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
you say that as if the Patriots and Chiefs and Seahawks and Steelers don’t have owners?

he has absolutely no point

the Joneses are total morons and there is no two ways about it
I originally responded to his point of if he was an owner, he'd like to play with his toy.
I said I understand him thinking that way. It's selfish and probably stupid, but I get it.

I wouldn't do it, but I get someone wanting to.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But rumor was that Broaddus quit the Cowboys because of an argument with Stephen Jones. If true he has disgruntled employee status.
Lol, many of us have disgruntled fan status so I can see the sympathetic camp.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
He’s a reactionary. He didn’t like his dad’s high spending ways so he’s done the opposite. But it’s purely a reaction to his dad. No higher thought goes into it. No planning, no nuance. That’s how you have contract negotiations going on two years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ok..on that premise from Broaddus, was Jones a bad GM in 2014 and 2016? Just asking. We were 1 terrible call from going on to the championship game more than likely. Just making a point...maybe Broaddus is saying what we here already knew..the NFL head office has it out for the Cowboys, the Joneses in particular. I get it..they are out of touch most of the time, but I am not buying everything Bryan says. He may have some ill feelings toward them due to the fact he was let go..lets not discount that too. Take everything this time of year with 2 grains of salt. To be clear, I am no fan of Snake oil saleman 1 and 2.

Dre11

Reaction score
ok..on that premise from Broaddus, was Jones a bad GM in 2014 and 2016? Just asking. We were 1 terrible call from going on to the championship game more than likely. Just making a point...maybe Broaddus is saying what we here already knew..the NFL head office has it out for the Cowboys, the Joneses in particular. I get it..they are out of touch most of the time, but I am not buying everything Bryan says. He may have some ill feelings toward them due to the fact he was let go..lets not discount that too. Take everything this time of year with 2 grains of salt. To be clear, I am no fan of Snake oil saleman 1 and 2.

Broaddus wasn't let go. iirc he left on his own.

Rayman70

Reaction score
different shows, different people. Broaddaus actually have some people in the league he's worked with and talk to. He also worked for the Jones's
I am sure he speaks some truth. I just think it comes from a place of ill will in his heart. I like Bryan though. He the go to when talking about the league.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow....you mean to tell me that guys that worked for free for years working their way up the ranks to finally make GM dont respect a guy that got the same job because daddy owns the team?
Who worked for free?

Dre11

Reaction score
I am sure he speaks some truth. I just think it comes from a place of ill will in his heart. I like Bryan though. He the go to when talking about the league.

ill will ? I've never heard him say anything bad about Stephen.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one currently in the front office knows how to build a SB team. We've been good but not great. We lack the football person with a vision on how to build a team, we just build offense while wiffing on nearly every defensive draft pick.