Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
truth! the 2nd most important OL next to LT, especially if you plan on running the ball.
I've been saying Centers are close behind LTs as foundational players on offense for years. They matter. Give me an All Pro C over all offensive positions but QB and LT. Not just important, but relatively good value.
An undervalued position.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
You can't keep everyone. You guys get mad when we finally let average players go but then say "We like our guys" is the reason we don't sign other players in FA. Biadasz was ok but he is replaceable.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm fine with Dallas moving on from TB. I'm fine with Hoffman doing the job, so I'm going to be confident once they upgrade over Hoffman.

Would like Bass at Center, but I believe he's a starting OG in training.

75boyz

Reaction score
Bass showed plenty of potential as a guard and Hoffman, while playing only in that one game as a guard I believe, has the past center experience.
Seems like, between the 2 of them, we could get a starting caliber center.

jmo

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
LB has to come from free agency. No way we start the season with a rookie, red shirt rookie and a safety as our LB unit.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There’s been a lot of #BiadaszHate since day 1.
I was thrilled with getting the Rimington Trophy winner in the late 4th.

I think most were pretty happy with the pick. But he's been underwhelming as a starter since. He progressed from poor his rookie season to a little above average this year.

That level of player is generally not what I want to spend free agent money on, especially with much more valuable free agents needing new contracts soon. And we already have 3 olinemen getting free agent money. The whole line can't be paid like that.

Time to move on. I wanted us to draft a C/G last year to at least attempt to backfill Biadasz, but they decided we needed to reach on TE#2 instead.

Some team will get a average to good starting C, and we'll get a comp pick.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Imagine using a 1st round pick on a center.

Yup.

Centers really put teams over the hump, huh? Y’all remember Fredrick being a perineal all-pro and winning what? 1 Wild Card game in his career?

No player or position will put the Cowboys over the hump. Travis Frederick could've been an all-pro passrusher and QB rolled into one player and we'd still be sitting in the exact same position we are today.

playmakers

Reaction score
If you look up average in the dictionary your see him. We need to upgrade.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The only times I felt positive vibes for Biadasz in 2023 - was when he fell on a couple of fumbles downfield very early in the season. What a season highlight, eh?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
How so?

What did it lead to?
Fredbeard was maybe the best center to ever wear the star - for the time that he really played. Just a bad break. I mean, how do you project for a bout of Guillain-Barre Syndrome?

I’ve seen a bunch of Dallas centers. Travis Frederick was beastly.