Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re scared of the risk. I get it.

Jerry probably is also.

For as much as y’all hate Jerry for not making splash moves it seems y’all are just as scared of it as he is.

Nah I just have common sense. Nix isn't the same prospect as Herbert.

I also don't say things like Nix played better in the same system when Herbert and Nix played for two different HCs and two different OCs in two different systems.

But to satisfy you, if Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels slipped to us at 24, I'd pound the table to draft one of them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nobody said we're a center from the Lombardi.

Forcing a bad QB into a low first rounder is how you get Paxton Lynch.

This is his new thing.

But he's made silly points like how CBs are worthy of a Top 10 pick but apparently an OT is not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nah I just have common sense. Nix isn't the same prospect as Herbert.

I also don't say things like Nix played better in the same system when Herbert and Nix played for two different HCs and two different OCs in two different systems.

But to satisfy you, if Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels slipped to us at 24, I'd pound the table to draft one of them.
They ain’t slipping and Jerry ain’t trading up for em.

You’ll get a depth guy instead.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
It's the right move. He is a decent player but not worth the money it costs to keep him. People will hate him because he came after Fred beard and was an obvious downgrade.

HanD

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
yeah looking at the draft depth, OL first round and lb second round look good to me. then probably rb in the third if we aren't doing a FA or resigning pollard.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be admitting he's the running game problem. (I don't know he's the problem, but they do need to address the problem)
THE running game problem? No, I don't see how it would be that kind of admission at all. It wouldn't be as if the team cut him in the middle of a contract, it would just be saying he isn't good enough to justify a bigger contract and a commitment for multiple years. Teams choose not to extend or re-sign players for any number of reasons.

reddyuta

Reaction score
happy-dance-icegif-23.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
They got great value for him from where they drafted him and what they paid on the rookie deal.
But he's not worth a big contract
This is a good draft for centers all the way into the 4th round.
They can upgrade on the cheap that way or go FA

Hardline

Reaction score
Nix is better in that system than Herbert was and he’s turned out just fine.

You gotta take risks if you want to get better.

If we waste a 1st round pick on a non factor position like center, even if it’s the best center ever, it changes nothing. As long as your center isn’t making constant bad snaps you don’t even notice them.
You notice them when they are blowing up DTs and opening up running lanes.
You notice them when your QB isn't getting bull rushed or a collapsing pocket.

Creeper

Reaction score
No shocker if they move on from Biadasz. They let McGovern and Williams go and I think they are all about the same talent.

Keep in mind, even if they don't get the C they want in the draft, I can see them giving Brock Hoffman a chance to start. With another year under his belt I don't know that he would be significantly worse than Biadasz.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You notice them when they are blowing up DTs and opening up running lanes.
You notice them when your QB isn't getting bull rushed or a collapsing pocket.

A 1st round pick should always be on an impact position. Center is not an impact position.