Broaddus: This playcaller hampers Dak

Redline360

Reaction score
Dak has limitation like any other quarterback. Up to the coaching staff to scheme around things. KM is uncapable of such things. Don't think either of them trust each other.

Since the Denver game last year pretty much every single team has come into the game with the same plan. Soooo many times have we seen numerous opponents / coaches mention they want to force "Dak to beat them" or we knew exactly what they were doing so we sat on routes. It's almost a weekly occurrence now. Vanilla JG playbook 2.0

Not sure what happened cause to start off last year KM looked like he was finally turning a new leaf. Had fantastic plays, movement, and etc for the first 5 or 6 games then regressed back to the JG offense. Once teams adapted he went back into his shell

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it’s the QB that hampers the play caller. You have to work with what they give you, he’s not working with a Allen, Brady, Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert Allen, he’s working with a Cousins tannehill Winston type, cut the guy some slack you can’t play the bottom feeder teams every week.

I think his point was it's both guys.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
It's a collection of problems. Moore's uninspired/strange play calling....Dak's poor qb play.....a nonexistent running game (or not using the running game when it's working)....and McCarthy (im not even sure what he does at this point).

Sydla

Reaction score
So he’s already killed a OC and HC working on the next set it appears maybe 3s the charm.

Garrett stunk. Moore isn't the greatest OC.

That's not an excuse for Dak. All three can be an issue but thinking McCarthy and Moore are being hindered by Dak is weak. Crap, McCarthy had freaking Rodgers and he underachieved.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Broaddus mentions there were opportunities on crossing routes to make a big play and Prescott either didn't see it or lacked the confidence to make the throw. Checked it down instead.
I read on this forum that Dak was Drew Brees Peyton Manning Joe Burrow Justin Herbert and a list of others.......................The difference is all of them could see and hit a crossing route. This is a manhunt at this point. Dak believers and apologists need to admit their mistakes and lets find a way to a complete rebuild without Dakota.

Sydla

Reaction score
I read on this forum that Dak was Drew Brees Peyton Manning Joe Burrow Justin Herbert and a list of others.......................The difference is all of them could see and hit a crossing route. This is a manhunt at this point. Dak believers and apologists need to admit their mistakes and lets find a way to a complete rebuild without Dakota.

I remember people getting upset when I said I would trade Dak right now for Herbert. People were whining about why Herbert was getting so much love.

Simple. He's just better.

Carson

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater or homer, but all of those guys had elite weapons and above average offensive line.

Dak would look much better throwing to Chase, Higgins and Boyd

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What I never understand is blaming the offensive coordinator but also saying the quarterback missed the open guys down the field. the offensive coordinators job is to get somebody open and if somebody is open and the quarterback misses that guy then offensive coordinator did their job.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We’ve had this same offense for 14 years folks. It puts up lots of yards but is lacking in a lot of areas. Dak belongs in the WCO or an offense like Shanny runs.

Perfectly said!!!!! There's nothing different, year to year it's the same thing!!: Forget everything bring in a new offense

Brax

Reaction score
Garrett stunk. Moore isn't the greatest OC.

That's not an excuse for Dak. All three can be an issue but thinking McCarthy and Moore are being hindered by Dak is weak. Crap, McCarthy had freaking Rodgers and he underachieved.
MM put his eggs in Daks basket to get the job, Dak can’t carry MM like Rodgers but that wasn’t my point Dak has limitations and that’s what you work with.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak has limitation like any other quarterback. Up to the coaching staff to scheme around things. KM is uncapable of such things. Don't think either of them trust each other.

Since the Denver game last year pretty much every single team has come into the game with the same plan. Soooo many times have we seen numerous opponents / coaches mention they want to force "Dak to beat them" or we knew exactly what they were doing so we sat on routes. It's almost a weekly occurrence now. Vanilla JG playbook 2.0

Not sure what happened cause to start off last year KM looked like he was finally turning a new leaf. Had fantastic plays, movement, and etc for the first 5 or 6 games then regressed back to the JG offense. Once teams adapted he went back into his shell

Dak has a record of 6-6 (including playoff loss to SF) since that Denver game. I think teams have figured him out and Dak simply can't adjust and overcome as he simply can't see the field like other QB's can see the field.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Here's what I think.

One, Dak is not an elite or great QB. He's good. That's it.

Two, a QB like Dak needs a certain type of OC.

Three, Moore ain't that OC. If you had Kyle Shanahan here, I think Dak would be more consistent and effective. Still not great but better.

Four, it won't matter because we are likely stuck with both for awhile. Moore won't get many head offers this offseason and could very well be McCarthy's replacement.

What I find ironic is Norv Turner, Jason Garrett, and Sean Payton are ALL Air Coryell guys. But, do the Garrett/Moore offenses look ANYTHING like what folks can remember from watching a Norv or Payton offense? Norv Turner might not have been a good HC, but he seemed to be able to create really good offenses (as the OC) with a wide variety of QB's. While Payton had Brees almost the entire time, he just seemed to know how to utilize his weapons in a much better fashion than the Garrett/Moore versions. Garrett/Moore seem to run the ORIGINAL, 1980's version where you need studs at every offensive position, which OBVIOUSLY limits the team when somebody is out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak was awful, no question. Something to consider:
Moore called half a dozen gadgety trick plays and on the very first drive could only game plan his way to a FG.
The offense never saw the rezone the entire game.
Potential plays were either thrown behind or the WRs half-assed it or dropped it. Brown and Schultz did ok.
Moore also stopped running the ball.
Moore also had Pollard in to "catch up from behind" who got abused in pass block and didn't run the ball well.

So I'm basically over the Moore experiment. Looks just like the Garrett and Linehan experiments.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So the guy that gave you the #1 offense last year...is now the blame...

Got it:thumbup:

How about giving Kellen something to work with? Instead of these bums....