Broaddus: This playcaller hampers Dak

Sydla

Reaction score
So the guy that gave you the #1 offense last year...is now the blame...

Got it:thumbup:

How about giving Kellen something to work with? Instead of these bums....

They rolled up a lot of points and yards on some bad teams, especially early. When facing teams like the 49ers and Cards with a lot on the line, the offense puckered up.

If he didn't have Boise State on his resume, you'd want to kick him to the curb.

Sydla

Reaction score
That won't be a very tough decision. The OC goes before the QB.

They can't do anything about Dak for at least another year anyway. Cutting him or trading him this offseason is a cap wrecker and at that point they might as well just blow it up. Trade away valuable pieces like Lamb or Martin too.

Frankly, it wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you brought in a real GM to rebuild the team through the draft and all the picks you got for players.

But that ain't happening. So the end conclusion here is we are %$%#$ed.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
About time the media stops giving Moore a free pass. Last year he was exposed to where opponents D's knew the next play. Bad move by keeping him MM. He's making you look bad.
As though it was up to MM :lmao2:

USArmyVet

Reaction score

...and what did he do with that offense in the playoff loss?

First 7 offensive drives of the game: 1 TD 1 INT 5 Punts

44 Plays 114 Yards

Losing 23-7 near the end of the 3rd quarter

silvernblu

Reaction score
Here's what I think.

One, Dak is not an elite or great QB. He's good. That's it.

Two, a QB like Dak needs a certain type of OC.

Three, Moore ain't that OC. If you had Kyle Shanahan here, I think Dak would be more consistent and effective. Still not great but better.

Four, it won't matter because we are likely stuck with both for awhile. Moore won't get many head offers this offseason and could very well be McCarthy's replacement.

Dak needs a quick hitting and simple offense with 1, 2 options. If not there then run.

I’m certain an elite QB could run Moores offense well. It ain’t Dak.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I can buy the QB hampers the OC a hell of a more...than I can Moore is the problem for Dak.

Sorry there is history already...and the body count is starting to pile up.

But Dak has blamed plenty of people in the past.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Good to know week 1 Tampa Bay knew our offense and our HC, who I usually backup, doesn't.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have not changed my thinking on Dak. He can be a good QB, but he will never be a great QB. I still think he was overpaid by Jerry and the Cowboys will come to regret that. My current thinking is they need to draft his replacement in 2023 and then either cut Dak after the 2023 season, or let him walk in free agency in 2024. Maybe they can trade him after 2023 and get a high draft pick for him. My concern is Dak will want even more money when his contract expires after 2024.

The problem with Dak is his contract hampers the team from adding talent around him. Next year his CAP value goes from $19 million to $49 million! The Cowboys need to find $30 million in CAP room just to keep Dak. My fear is they will extend and restructure his deal to add more years and more money to his contract making it impossible to move on from him if he continues to regress.

But at the same time I wonder if Moore is helping Dak. In 2016, when Dak was drafted, the OC was Scott Linehan and the QB coach was Wade Wilson. Moore took over as QB coach in 2018 and then became OC is 2019. In 2020, Doug Nussmeier became the QB coach taking over for Jon Kitna. 2021 was a record setting year for Dak. It is hard to argue with his stats. But as the guys in this video discuss, the second half of 2021 the Cowboys offense was pretty awful at times. The question is, has Dak progressed as a QB over the years and if not, then why not? Is it the fault of Moore or Nussmeier? It is hard to argue Dak has gotten more accurate with his passes over the years or he is making quicker decisions than he did as a rookie. When you watch him in 2016 you see a QB who make quick decisions and either throws it or tucks and runs. What happened to that Dak?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Looks like Garrett's offense without exchanging the run for reverses and gimmick plays.

stinkface

Reaction score
That won't be a very tough decision. The OC goes before the QB.
'Yep. Kellen Moore's are pretty much a dime a dozen. You don't get rid of a QB making 40 million a year. You get an OC who works with his limitations and accepts him. The Dak we have probably isn't going to get any better until he's not worried about getting crushed behind our suck O line. This is turning into either a check down offense or a chuck and duck offense.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Broaddus mentions there were opportunities on crossing routes to make a big play and Prescott either didn't see it or lacked the confidence to make the throw. Checked it down instead.

Dak missed plenty. I think he saw several routes but held the ball. We have seen this play out previously with Dak. Lacks confidence and can't throw receivers open.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater or homer, but all of those guys had elite weapons and above average offensive line.

Dak would look much better throwing to Chase, Higgins and Boyd
Whatever Dak is or isnt. I am just done wondering. Past time to move on.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They rolled up a lot of points and yards on some bad teams, especially early. When facing teams like the 49ers and Cards with a lot on the line, the offense puckered up.

If he didn't have Boise State on his resume, you'd want to kick him to the curb.

Moore sucks but I think, like garret, he was a back-up QB here that Jerry got to know and took a shine too.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Here's what I think.

One, Dak is not an elite or great QB. He's good. That's it.

Two, a QB like Dak needs a certain type of OC.

Three, Moore ain't that OC. If you had Kyle Shanahan here, I think Dak would be more consistent and effective. Still not great but better.

Four, it won't matter because we are likely stuck with both for awhile. Moore won't get many head offers this offseason and could very well be McCarthy's replacement.
Shanny is going to RG3 Lance into the ground real quick. Dak has too much glass to be in a Shanny offense.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Broaddus mentions there were opportunities on crossing routes to make a big play and Prescott either didn't see it or lacked the confidence to make the throw. Checked it down instead.

He's thinking about how his ankle flexes as his arm goes forward..he's done

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The offense is a mess.

When Dak Prescott is your QB the room for error is so small that it's almost impossible to consistently succeed and play well.
But what do you realistically expect from a guy who was the last pick in the 4th round?
This what you get when you don't invest a high draft pick or trade for a QB with a good pedigree for more than 30 years.
That's the FO's fault and not Dak's.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it’s the QB that hampers the play caller. You have to work with what they give you, he’s not working with a Allen, Brady, Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert Allen, he’s working with a Cousins tannehill Winston type, cut the guy some slack you can’t play the bottom feeder teams every week.
This is bull. The stupid gadget plays and benching 7 yards per carry Zeke...is TERRIBLE play calling regardless of who the QB is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

took two pages to trot out the good ol' " bbb b bb but but #1 offense last year" routine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to know week 1 Tampa Bay knew our offense and our HC, who I usually backup, doesn't.
I found it an odd statement too. 3 years later doesn't know our offense? It's either patently false...some sort of "I'm the expert here" thing...or frightening.