Broaddus to Stephen Jones: "If you love Dak so much why doesn't he have a deal?"

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
because they are not sold on him being the guy and being able to do actual heavy lifting with out amazing talent at every position on offense. if u think jerry and stephen would play games with some one they thought was a elite franchise qb u are crazy.

How'd Aikman do (61.5% career passer) without all that talent on those SB teams?

Swagger

Reaction score
Because I do see it from Prescott's side. He sees pretty much every QB in the league given long term contracts when their time comes along. Deep down he most likely thinks that Jerry wanted to bring back Tony during the rookie season regardless of the team winning all of those games and Prescott balling out with Zeke, they were the new duo. Romo wasn't brought back and we were one and done in the play offs. So there's always been that air of having to prove himself effectively to his employer whilst seeing other guys get paid, including in other positions in his own team!

But it takes two to tango and the front office have made Prescott offers yet he isn't willing to budge on the 4 years hence the current impasse.

cern

Reaction score
Did broaddus really have to ask? Is he really that dumb. It's a simple pie chart.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bahahaha

Is this where you tell us you're also a super agent and lawyer and everything else so you've done this contract work and know that its sooo easy to do this?

Yall stupid, no wonder every fan i talk to says they hate cowboy fans more than the actual team.

*plonk*

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Did broaddus really have to ask? Is he really that dumb. It's a simple pie chart.
Scratching for the controversy beneath the surface. Some dudes just atom bomb it like Skip. Broady nips and tucks the overall goal of getting the meat.

Corso

Reaction score
Gotta admit, because I work contractual exclusively (and they generally are for "big money" with all sorts of things including insurances and outs for the contract writer) that you definitely need professionals to dot the i's and cross the t's and there are a lot of both.

And I mean a lot of tiny details that most people cross their eyes while reading over that could be devastating for the person being contracted if they don't get it right and understand all that they have been contracted for.

Corso

Reaction score
Great question put him on the spot. At least he admitted what we already know, that he screwed up not getting it done 2 years ago.
It's Friday. Take a shot with me.
I'm in El Paso so I gots Corzo Anejo.

corzo-tequila-anejo_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Let's do this.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Stephen Jones admitting they messed up not signing Dak after 2018. The price is only going up and they might have priced themselves out of the market now. The only way the Cowboys can still win this negotiation is if the salary cap ends up dropping $25 million and no one else has cap space for Dak. I highly doubt that will happen because a bunch of teams wouldn't be able to get under the cap. Most likely the cap will stay the same.

landryscorner

Reaction score
20200911-074756.jpg

Dak is getting paid less this year than these Top 6 highest paid/year QBs, yet Dak put up better passing numbers last year than all of them. And that's because the Cowboys WRs led the NFL in dropped passes. LOL

With this better group of WRs, TEs, RBs and coaches, don't be surprised if Dak surpasses the 5K passing with 30+ TDs mark this season (if the season doesn't get cut short). By season's end, Dak is going to demand $39+ mil/year, and he's going to have the #s to support such a demand.

We'll soon find out by season's end how much Jerry and Stephen truly want to keep Dak or blow this team apart by starting brand new with an unproven or much lesser other QB.

Get ready, Dak haters. You just might get what you want. If that happens, get ready to reap what you've sown. Ugh.

He put up more passing yards because they shut down Zeke and forced Dak to beat teams....AND HE STILL LOST. All you Dak fans really aren't helping out his cause with your posts.