Broaddus to Stephen Jones: "If you love Dak so much why doesn't he have a deal?"

cern

Reaction score
Stephen just doesn't get it. The management of this team by a non-football expert will continue even after Jerry and I are gone. In 1994 I never imagined that my team would be run by a family of amateurs for the rest of my life. Tragic and embarrassing.
Jerry didn't understand it. Stephen does. He's among the best contract guys and cap managers in the biz.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure that every fan understands this. The league CBA has put a really high floor on team spending. To a large degree, the amount of money that Stephen Jones pays on players is fixed. If SJ signs Dak for $50m per year or $5m per year, it has virtually no impact on SJ's checkbook. The only thing that Stephen is being greedy for in playing hardball is winning football games.

The only way an actual real Cowboys fan who also wants the Cowboys to win would disagree with Stephen is if they believe that this stance will backfire and end up costing Dallas more money. I get that and respect that.

The people who are just rooting for Dak to get the biggest possible paycheck either don't understand the rules or simply are Dak fans and not Cowboy fans.
Yet, every other team is paying this franchise QBs top pay.

Be quiet and stay in the stands.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Broaddus is so original
Broaddus fell off when he got fired from Talkin’ Cowboys. Would always take over the show, he thinks his mouth is bigger and better.

Shame, actually used to be one of my favourties to listen to.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Lol not at all what he said. But sure
No.

But do any of us really take what is being said for the media to be what is really being believed?

The two sides throw up smokescreens with every statement.

The pandemic is affecting the actions of both sides now. Not to mention how teams like Houston and KC obliterate the lines for paying their QBs.

It's just anybodies guess where it will end up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Because they saw and see him when Zeke was suspended for six games, Tyron Smith is out and Cooper wasn’t here...

kskboys

Reaction score
20200911-074756.jpg

Dak is getting paid less this year than these Top 6 highest paid/year QBs, yet Dak put up better passing numbers last year than all of them. And that's because the Cowboys WRs led the NFL in dropped passes. LOL

With this better group of WRs, TEs, RBs and coaches, don't be surprised if Dak surpasses the 5K passing with 30+ TDs mark this season (if the season doesn't get cut short). By season's end, Dak is going to demand $39+ mil/year, and he's going to have the #s to support such a demand.

We'll soon find out by season's end how much Jerry and Stephen truly want to keep Dak or blow this team apart by starting brand new with an unproven or much lesser other QB.

Get ready, Dak haters. You just might get what you want. If that happens, get ready to reap what you've sown. Ugh.
Yeah, get ready all 3 of you Dak haters!!!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Love how everybody mentions Dak led the league in dropped passes, based on a stat by Sturm which is not even supported by other publications. Dallas was ranked 7th in dropped passes, according to guys other than Sturm. They also forget to mention that Dak was top 3 in amount of INTs dropped by DBs.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

And the Rams are stupid for giving Goff that money. But at least he can do a 5-7 step drop back, I like Dak, he actually led the league in 7...

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Watson was wondering where was deandre Hopkins? Texans had to trade him away to sign watson. Just wasn't enough pie for both.
Which will be the same issue eventually with Dak. Can't sign Gallup. CeeDee either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
20200911-074756.jpg

Dak is getting paid less this year than these Top 6 highest paid/year QBs, yet Dak put up better passing numbers last year than all of them. And that's because the Cowboys WRs led the NFL in dropped passes. LOL

With this better group of WRs, TEs, RBs and coaches, don't be surprised if Dak surpasses the 5K passing with 30+ TDs mark this season (if the season doesn't get cut short). By season's end, Dak is going to demand $39+ mil/year, and he's going to have the #s to support such a demand.

We'll soon find out by season's end how much Jerry and Stephen truly want to keep Dak or blow this team apart by starting brand new with an unproven or much lesser other QB.

Get ready, Dak haters. You just might get what you want. If that happens, get ready to reap what you've sown. Ugh.
one thing though mahomes isnt making that much yet.
and none of those qb's and their teams got close to a SB last year. Rams and Pitt didnt even make playoffs.
GB did get close, but they were shown to be lacking in the SF game where they got blown out.

This supports my theory that once you pay your qb these high rates over 30 mil you are not going to a SB, so what is the point in paying them??
Now mahomes is good enough that maybe he can get his team back to a SB once he starts eating a big chunk of the KC cap, but maybe not.
Right now KC still has basically all the talent they had last year, and maybe even added to it, but once that contract kicks in,
they wont be able to keep all that talent, then we will see how mahomes does on a team with less talent, because his contract will make the
team as a whole less talented.

I can say right now that aside from mahomes none of these QB's you listed will get close to a SB this year.
Seattle or GB might make it to nfc champ game but there they will be beaten soundly.

So once they sign dak to big deal, you can forget any cowboy SB, except there may be a tiny window before they start losing talent
that it could happen.
This season is prime time for dallas to win a SB, and they might have another year or 2 if they sign dak where they might be able to
get there again.
however if they go for another cheaper or rookie QB or say dinucci could be the next brady, then they can keep a strong team for years.

khiladi

Reaction score
Watson was wondering where was deandre Hopkins? Texans had to trade him away to sign watson. Just wasn't enough pie for both.

That was considered the dumbest trade by pretty much everybody and it had to do with their HC and GM, O’Brien who amazingly still has a job. They could have paid him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Look man, this is just dumb. The kinda dumb that is frustrating because literally NO ONE is that dumb naturally.
You gotta work hard to achieve that level.

Dak is getting franchised or signed long term the long-term offer will have to start close to the 40m per Watson just got.
Watson has a playoff record of 1-2 same as Dak.

If Dak wins the SB and SB MVP he will get 45m per year.
If he has another top 10 statistical year and they miss the playoffs he's still going to command 37-38M.

17 QBs make 25M per year or more. 1 QB can win a Super Bowl.
meanwhile the 2 qb's that were in the SB last year, neither one got 30 mil or more a year.
What is the point in keeping your qb, if paying him means your team will never be good enough to get to a SB??????
Talk about dumb.:rolleyes: