Broaddus: Trade Rumor

Iago33

Reaction score
How long until Byron Jones turns into the next Mo Claiborne with people trashing him when he doesn't turn out to be a super shut down corner in his first year? CBs take time to develop. Scandrick didn't really start settling in until he got that new contract. I'd rather not trade away CB depth for an RB. Get one of the FAs and draft an RB next year.

2 things will keep that from happening. 1. When we got Jones, we didn't give up half what we gave up for Mo. 2. Jones seems to be the anti-Mo, in that he is exception in intelligence and athletic ability.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How has Claiborne looked so far in camp? I haven't read much about him. I've read a couple positive blurbs but just one or two one liners...and that's about it

All positive reports; however, Claiborne probably always looked good just going 1 on 1 against receivers in practice. His problems have always been making the wrong decisions in games. He had problems playing zone because that's more difficult mentally. Even in man, there are times that CBs have to switch off to avoid pick type plays and he almost always made the wrong decision in those situations.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Maybe it's Seattle? I'd trade Mo for Christine Michael.

1. Mo is a terrible fit for Seattle. They play very physically. That's not Mo's game.

2. People need to get off this Christine Michael thing. Yes, he played college ball in Texas. Yes, he was a second round pick. But he has done nothing in 2 years in the league. He can't beat out Robert Turbin to be the #2 back in Seattle.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
1. Mo is a terrible fit for Seattle. They play very physically. That's not Mo's game.

2. People need to get off this Christine Michael thing. Yes, he played college ball in Texas. Yes, he was a second round pick. But he has done nothing in 2 years in the league. He can't beat out Robert Turbin to be the #2 back in Seattle.

I agree I actually was reading yesterday and he was labeled a bust in the article.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I wanted to go the the Commanders message board and troll them, I would just do what Alexander does on this message board.

That's what I would do too. I would even throw in a positive here or there just to keep people from knowing for certain that I was really a Dallas fan and not a Washington fan.

And, if Washington went 12-4 this upcoming season, it would be difficult for me to troll them... so I would probably post a lot less than normal throughout their good season.

Just not as much fun making fun of a good team.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That's what I would do too. I would even throw in a positive here or there just to keep people from knowing for certain that I was really a Dallas fan and not a Washington fan.

And, if Washington went 12-4 this upcoming season, it would be difficult for me to troll them... so I would probably post a lot less than normal throughout their good season.

Obviously you need to step your troll game up. Good ol' Tr1 would troll cowboy fans while we were on our way to double digit wins and they were on their way to a top 5 pick

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Also, I would be less pessimistic when posting in the draft section because bashing players in the draft would not help my agenda to bash the team.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Obviously you need to step your troll game up. Good ol' Tr1 would troll cowboy fans while we were on our way to double digit wins and they were on their way to a top 5 pick

:laugh:

Tr1 has, in my opinion, at least one un-diagnosed psychological illness. I don't know what it is but it probably has 'syndrome' in the name somewhere, and probably begins with 'acute'.

No matter how good Dallas is or how bad Washington is, Tr1 will argue all day long about something that everyone knows for a fact that he is wrong. No matter how good a point you have, he will continue with the same absurd stance that he starts with. His mind, literally, cannot be changed.

It reminds me of a couple of guys here on Cowboyszone who argue about Hardy's case and Garrett's coaching career like their life depends on it. They too cannot be swayed from their mission no matter how many times they're cornered or are proven wrong. It seems like, if you're a Cowboys fan, you would at least be a little open to something positive for the team.

But alas, they can't be swayed even the smallest amount.

Curious, you know?

DFWJC

Reaction score

Very real chance Seattle outright cuts Michael.

Now if that happened...maybe check him out

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Also, I would be less pessimistic when posting in the draft section because bashing players in the draft would not help my agenda to bash the team.

Indeed. You could still talk and read about the draft for your actual favorite team, when everyone thinks you're interested for Washington.

There would be no need to say how terrible a player is until they're actually drafted by Washington. Of course, fans generally have at least some idea of which direction the team will draft, so you could start early on a few that you think have a good chance to be drafted by Washington.

The easy part comes after the draft though. Just say Player X is not worth this pick, and can't do that worth a crap. Then throw in a couple of reaches and busts and you have successfully taken the euphoric mood of the fan base down a notch or two.

It would be very easy to do. When people accuse you of not being Washington a fan, all you would have to say is:

"I've been a fan of this team since the mid 70's. Darryl Green is my favorite all time Skin and I successfully pushed to get Art Monk in the Hall of Fame after all those years. I named my dog "Riggo" and my wife's cat is named "Theisman". Since Sunday ticket became available, I haven't missed one Commanders game, and my Uncle has season tickets that I use every time I'm in town. I've been a fan longer than most of these guys have even been alive."

"I'm just a realist and refuse to stick my head in the sand like most of the people on this forum."

"Just because the Commanders are one of the worst teams out there, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Even when they have terrible coaches, the worst owner and can't hit on a draft pick to save their lives, I still love the Commanders."

"When I get cut, I bleed burgandy and gold... so don't tell me I'm not a Washington fan!!!"

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
scandrick has a knee issue and carr has a broken bone in his hand so I don't think they will be trading any one

Iago33

Reaction score
scandrick has a knee issue and carr has a broken bone in his hand so I don't think they will be trading any one

That's what happens when fans start talking about having depth at a position. [Furiously knocking on wood]

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
lots of people get the cart before the horse on these things need to keep what they got

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Plus he wasn't on their draft board.

windjc

Reaction score
2 things will keep that from happening. 1. When we got Jones, we didn't give up half what we gave up for Mo. 2. Jones seems to be the anti-Mo, in that he is exception in intelligence and athletic ability.

Its not Mos fault that the Cowboys gave up a lot to get him. I've never understood this incredibly stupid reaction fans have where they ***** and moan about the player. Yell at the front office, not Mo.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Indeed. You could still talk and read about the draft for your actual favorite team, when everyone thinks you're interested for Washington.

There would be no need to say how terrible a player is until they're actually drafted by Washington. Of course, fans generally have at least some idea of which direction the team will draft, so you could start early on a few that you think have a good chance to be drafted by Washington.

The easy part comes after the draft though. Just say Player X is not worth this pick, and can't do that worth a crap. Then throw in a couple of reaches and busts and you have successfully taken the euphoric mood of the fan base down a notch or two.

It would be very easy to do. When people accuse you of not being Washington a fan, all you would have to say is:

"I've been a fan of this team since the mid 70's. Darryl Green is my favorite all time Skin and I successfully pushed to get Art Monk in the Hall of Fame after all those years. I named my dog "Riggo" and my wife's cat is named "Theisman". Since Sunday ticket became available, I haven't missed one Commanders game, and my Uncle has season tickets that I use every time I'm in town. I've been a fan longer than most of these guys have even been alive."

"I'm just a realist and refuse to stick my head in the sand like most of the people on this forum."

"Just because the Commanders are one of the worst teams out there, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Even when they have terrible coaches, the worst owner and can't hit on a draft pick to save their lives, I still love the Commanders."

"When I get cut, I bleed burgandy and gold... so don't tell me I'm not a Washington fan!!!"

There are definitely 2 posters around here who seem like completely different people when discussing the draft as compared to discussing the Cowboys. They actually have a lot of good insight on the draft and seem somewhat positive about the draft in general; however, they are always negative in regards to anything about the Cowboys unless the Cowboys drafted a player that they liked in the draft.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
There are definitely 2 posters around here who seem like completely different people when discussing the draft as compared to discussing the Cowboys. They actually have a lot of good insight on the draft and seem somewhat positive about the draft in general; however, they are always negative in regards to anything about the Cowboys unless the Cowboys drafted a player that they liked in the draft.

Yep. It seems so clear to me, but what do I know?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Nonsense. Nobody would ever name a cat Theismann.