Broaddus: Trade Rumor

dwreck27

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing It's for Wilcox....with the idea of moving him to SS. Rumored team think the Cowboys are miss using him....Which I can see their point. Eventually Bryon Jones is gonna take Wilcox's starting role.

If this is true I would gladly take a 3rd for him and flip that pick for a RB from someone else

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Really depends on the back they are offering.

Well, I doubt it's going to be anyone amazing based on who the rumor is involving on the Dallas side. Nothing against either Patmon or Mo, but it's not like they're eyeballing serious production.

If you ask me, the RB ship has sailed. Why would Dallas trade a CB for a RB when they've already made it known that they do not think the RB is much of a priority and when CBs are an absolute necessity in the NFL?

Doesn't make much sense to me. There were plenty of RBs who could have been had in free agency and through the draft.

Player-for-player, I'm not really interested. You want a late (or perhaps a mid) round pick, I'm listening.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This morning on the fan Broaddus said a "Prominent" team has contacted the Cowboys and inquired about their depth at CB. They are intrigued by Claiborne and Patmon. He wouldn't disclose who the team was but im guessing it might be the patriots . They really need help at CB. Problem is they(Pats) don't have much at RB.

although I really like our depth now and the competition. it depends on the price they are willing to pay. I doubt if they will pay much for Claiborne as he is in the last year of his contract (plus the option year), but they might be inquiring about patmon. with that said, I rather not make a trade unless they have a RB we could use or are paying a high price.

if patmon and Claiborne continue to show as they have, moving Byron Jones to safety would really be helpful to round out the DB field.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Irrelevant. If you understand the position and know what it takes to succeed, it does not matter.

How on earth did Darrelle Revis last until he did?

So NFL teams never fall victim to collective stupidity?

We just made the mistake of not only overvaluing the prospect, but paying a premium price to trade up to get them.

And this is after giving Carr a contract that is still an albatross around our neck.

You quite possibly are the most negatie, Debbie-Downer poster I have come across on this forum. If there is EVER a situation/post/comment/player/quote/etc etc that could be construed in a negative light, I'd say there's a 99.9999% chance that YOU will, without a doubt, be the FIRST one to point out ALL the negative, pessimistic viewpoints and prove to the Zone that you're nothing more than a doom and gloom, sky-is-falling type "fan"...

windjc

Reaction score
You quite possibly are the most negatie, Debbie-Downer poster I have come across on this forum. If there is EVER a situation/post/comment/player/quote/etc etc that could be construed in a negative light, I'd say there's a 99.9999% chance that YOU will, without a doubt, be the FIRST one to point out ALL the negative, pessimistic viewpoints and prove to the Zone that you're nothing more than a doom and gloom, sky-is-falling type "fan"...

You left out condescending. That's at the top of the list.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Thanks!

JBS

Reaction score
How has Claiborne looked so far in camp? I haven't read much about him. I've read a couple positive blurbs but just one or two one liners...and that's about it

Plankton

Reaction score
Ive heard Gurley is already healthy and looking good in TC.

Hyde, given that they added Bush and Mike Davis and still have Kendall Hunter and they fact that basically got nuked in the offseason, they may be interested in moving Hyde for a day 2 pick. If they really are talking about a 3rd rounder, they 49ers may be listening given how there offseason has gone

Davis and Hunter are smaller backs. Bush is a glorified third down back. Hyde is the only thumper on the team. Being that Bush signed as a FA, and Davis was a draft pick this year, I think Kendall Hunter is the odd man out. And, Hunter's skill set is redundant with Dunbar or Seastrunk, so I don't see where it makes sense for the Cowboys.

I don't think that Mason will be available, either.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If I wanted to go the the Commanders message board and troll them, I would just do what Alexander does on this message board.

Hardline

Reaction score

It actually sounded dead on accurate to me. Sometimes the truth hurts.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

I see you are new to this forum. Yeah, it doesn't take long to figure him out. However, Risen can give him a run for his money when it comes to doom and gloom. Perhaps you haven't met him yet.

The good news though, is that the doom and gloom crowd was pretty silent last year. The Jerry Jones haters were re-hashing stuff from years ago to feed their addiction.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It actually sounded dead on accurate to me. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I wouldn't say Carr's contract is an albatross. He's clearly over paid, but it didn't really stop us from making moves this offseason and last offseason, there were moves, including restructuring his contract that we could have done that would have freed up more space, that we chose to not do.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
From what I'm hearing It's for Wilcox....with the idea of moving him to SS. Rumored team think the Cowboys are miss using him....Which I can see their point. Eventually Bryon Jones is gonna take Wilcox's starting role.

Source??