Broadus thinks Vander Esch will be the pick

bark

Reaction score
I’m going down a deep and dark rabbit hole here in trying to think like the cowboys FO but I can see a scenario where he could be the pick.
I think the cowboys feel linebacker is a big position of need. Probably bemoaning the loss of Hitchens and could see LVE as his replacement.
He has good size and speed and no character issues. A little raw but the urlacer comparisons may have marenilli doing his Ivie dance.
Won’t be surprised if he’s a cowboy

Sydla

Reaction score
If they go LB at 19, it's going to be a furious debate between Vander Esch and Evans I suspect. I don't think Smith or Edmunds will get to us at 19.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they go LB at 19, it's going to be a furious debate between Vander Esch and Evans I suspect. I don't think Smith or Edmunds will get to us at 19.

I have no idea who Dallas would pick if Ridley, Evans, and LVE are gone.

If it were me i'd be trying to trade down and just get the best OLineman available.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have no idea who Dallas would pick if Ridley, Evans, and LVE are gone.

If it were me i'd be trying to trade down and just get the best OLineman available.

If those three are gone, I suspect someone you didn't expect fell to us......... that we either like and will draft ourselves or maybe we can work a trade. Ridley could be gone but I suspect LVE and Evans being off the board would be a surprise. But I guess that could happen if teams see Edmunds and Smith go off the board early and people panic at LB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If those three are gone, I suspect someone you didn't expect fell to us......... that we either like and will draft ourselves or maybe we can work a trade. Ridley could be gone but I suspect LVE and Evans being off the board would be a surprise. But I guess that could happen if teams see Edmunds and Smith go off the board early and people panic at LB.

Yeah who knows.

Everyone has Dallas and Pittsburgh down for a linebacker. It wouldn't be the biggest shocker if all 4 guys are gone by 19.

I think LVE is going to be the biggest riser. He's just too talented to pass up IMO.

Proof

Reaction score
wouldn't love it, wouldn't hate it.

Seems like a player, and checks a lot of boxes

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I have stood by LVE as I started getting into draft mode in the playoffs. He went from a early second and is peaking as a top 20 player. Watching his game tape he is young and learning, but when he sees the play the dude can ball. Imagine him studying with Lee. He can probably be what McClain was for us, and without the baggage. His value is fitting in either 3-4 or 4-3 D's, which is why several teams say they are in love.

If he goes before us that only pushes someone else down to us, hopefully a Vea, James, Davenport or Payne.

His talent us undeniable and he shows inexperience at times but he with some seasoning can be a steal even at #19.