Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I used to really enjoy the wrestling threads on this forum. They were full of old school commentary about great wrestlers and matches.

Now I hate them. They've turned into the worst pissing matches on this forum. I don't care who started it. I just need to avoid them. I don't enjoy kids thinking they know more than everyone else and then everyone else firing back.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4491453 said:
No Rock didn't. He appeared a ton over the past month, once in November? and one time in May? Probably forgetting a few times but in no way did we see the Rock 35 times or anywhere close to that.

Lesnar will be on more than he is not.

Now this is correct.

I believe he showed up for 2 RAW's after Mania. The night after 27 and then for his Birthday RAW.

We didn't see him again on RAW for a while then they did like 3 weeks of promos from him via satilite or taped previously.

Then it was a long period again before he showed up for 1 RAW prior to Survivor Series.

I can't remember if he was even on RAW the night after Survivor Series. It seems like he wasn't.

Then he wasn't on until like the final 4 RAWs prior to WM and he was on via Satilite or on the show for those.

But he went long stretches in between having nothing to do with the shows so I'd expect that Lesnar will be on the shows a lot more often over the next year.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
zrinkill;4491470 said:
Wow ...... somebody was not raised right.

I want to second this. Something not right with wishing injury on somebody. Hate on them all you want but wrestling is one dangerous business. Ask Taker if those chair shots hurt. He would probably tell them to just look at his back. That comment was just wrong. I agree.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4491484 said:
Now this is correct.

I believe he showed up for 2 RAW's after Mania. The night after 27 and then for his Birthday RAW.

We didn't see him again on RAW for a while then they did like 3 weeks of promos from him via satilite or taped previously.

Then it was a long period again before he showed up for 1 RAW prior to Survivor Series.

I can't remember if he was even on RAW the night after Survivor Series. It seems like he wasn't.

Then he wasn't on until like the final 4 RAWs prior to WM and he was on via Satilite or on the show for those.

But he went long stretches in between having nothing to do with the shows so I'd expect that Lesnar will be on the shows a lot more often over the next year.

Exactly what I thought.

I am still marking out from last night, I have rewatched the Lesnar clip 30 times lol. I don't think I have ever been this excited for wrestling, ever. Can not wait til RAW next week.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
These wrestling threads crack me up. I remember back when professional wrestling was for 12 year old kids. Now it's just sad 30 somethings.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4491524 said:
These wrestling threads crack me up. I remember back when professional wrestling was for 12 year old kids. Now it's just sad 30 somethings.

I'm 25 but why get technical. Bug off. I saw it from another when I first started posting. The " I don't like it; it's not worth MY time but I am gonna post there anyway." Why bother?

Phoenix

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4491524 said:

:facepalm:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4491433 said:
Observer claimed he would return at Mania. In Elite audio PWinsider claimed he had 99% chance signed a contract however they could not confirm when and where he would return. "My Site" is PWInsider. If Mel Kiper reports we will draft Alshon Jeffery at #14 which would be ludacris and you post it and then it doesn't happen does that reflect upon you? No. It doesn't.

Now back onto Brock -

He arrived in the building 30 seconds before going on air. They tried to keep it under wraps as much as possible, but failed. During Cenas entire promo the audience was going insane "We want Lesnar!". I was popping the entire time, part of me began to hope the contract fell through so that WWE would look stupid.

This is NOT like Rocks signing last year. Brock is back nearly full time, Pwinsider on the contract details:

http://pwinsider.com/article/67317/details-on-wwes-deal-with-brock-lesnar.html?p=1

So the Lesnar-Cena storyline may not be where they are heading for WM29. Rock stated his intent to challenge for the WWE title, Lesnar will get a run with the title since he is back nearly full time. We could see Lesnar-Rock for the WWE title at 29. There are very limited directions they can go with Lesnar that would be justifiable, Undertaker-Lesnar, Rock-Lesnar and Cena-Lesnar are about it that would be the mainstream spectacle they want at next years Mania.

So in conclusion - We may still be getting Rock-Lesnar at 29. I don't think they will have both Cena and Lesnar nearly fulltime on the road and keep them apart for a year. It would make for some poorly booked shows.

For those that missed it -
[youtube]LCzBf-jo84o[/youtube]

He isn't in the best of shape but after what he went through medically I give him a pass. He was the biggest UFC fighter in the world and left it for medical reasons that is not something you do for a situation you can overcome.

Yes if I report it here saying it will be happening, cause Kiper said it is happening, then I'm to blame for coming here claiming that it will happen.

You didn't say it might happen. You said he was going to come out and start something with Rock for WM 29. Neither of those happened.

It's nothing bad here its simply not getting all the facts in order.

NOw as for the plan to be Rock vs. Lesnar at WM 29 for the title?

Zero shot of this unless 1 or both are full time by then and 1, or both, are going to be staying on past WM next year.

Brocks contract currently would be set to run out after Mania next year. So why in the world would he go in as the champion unless they strike a longer term deal with him between now and then?

Could that happen. Possibly. If that happens then yes I could see this scenerio.

But as of right now they wouldn't have their main event, for their title, being between two guys who wouldn't be full time the next day. Lesnars deal would be up and Rock, unless as I said before he's come back to full time, or near full time, at the point wouldn't be there either.

Makes no sense for your title to be between two guys who are not regularly on the roster after that show.

They will have to get a lot more committment, going beyond Mania 29, for those two to face for the title at 29.

Right now, as things stand, I don't see that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4491524 said:

Whose sad?

So every time you watch a fake movie, TV show, or anything like that you're a sad person?

They really need to start banning people who come into wrestling threads just to toss out stupid crap like this.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;4491479 said:
I used to really enjoy the wrestling threads on this forum. They were full of old school commentary about great wrestlers and matches.

Now I hate them. They've turned into the worst pissing matches on this forum. I don't care who started it. I just need to avoid them. I don't enjoy kids thinking they know more than everyone else and then everyone else firing back.

It's funny. I was just thinking the same thing.

Maybe we can get back to the ...ehhh, it's not going to happen. Oh well.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rock said he wanted to be champ again last night for some purpose. How that all pans out I don't know.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4491568 said:
Whose sad?

So every time you watch a fake movie, TV show, or anything like that you're a sad person? .

It's not even so much that it's fake. That page has been turned. It's the fact that people in teh intrawebbings take this stuff so seriously. This stuff is meant to entertain 12 year olds, and you got 20 and 30 somethings arguing about it endlessly (or even worse believing that it should be marketed towards their tastes rather than the 12 year olds). It's like watching grown men argue over High School Musical, or believing High School Musical should be changed to make them happy rather than 13 year old girls.

Ren

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4491435 said:
I guess I'm just a nicer person or something but I didn't think he looked fat or old at all.

It's more a knock on how out of shape he was for the Overeem fight

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4491625 said:
It's not even so much that it's fake. That page has been turned. It's the fact that people in teh intrawebbings take this stuff so seriously. This stuff is meant to entertain 12 year olds, and you got 20 and 30 somethings arguing about it endlessly (or even worse believing that it should be marketed towards their tastes rather than the 12 year olds). It's like watching grown men argue over High School Musical, or believing High School Musical should be changed to make them happy rather than 13 year old girls.

So what if they debate about it? Whats wrong with that? It's a form of entertainment there is nothing wrong with debating what you think works and doesn't work within that frame work.

And I don't really see a whole lot of people here who think that wrestling should be marketed toward 30 year olds. Any long time wrestling fans understand that it's marketed, most of the time, toward kids, as it should be.

Kids bring in more parents so that's nothing new and I don't mind it at all. There are things I don't like on the shows, and I'll voice that fact, and I'll admit the things I do enjoy.

Again thats nothing different then any debate on any other TV show out there.

Ren;4491682 said:

Gotcha. Fair enough.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ren;4491682 said:

The guy has never recovered from diverticulitis ....... people say the symptoms are similar to crohn's disease and I have seen what that will do to somebody.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rock is in tremendous shape and has been training for a year for his WM match. And even he got gassed in his match with Cena. Just wondering Brock has been seriously ill, had surgery and is not in great shape. So really how much can be expected of him in the ring? He's an awful mic guy. Well was anyway. Guess it remains to be seen if he still is.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BraveHeartFan;4491435 said:
I guess I'm just a nicer person or something but I didn't think he looked fat or old at all.

People are just comparing this

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/Brock2.jpg

To this

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/brock1.jpg

Ren

Reaction score
zrinkill;4491720 said:
People are just comparing this

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/Brock2.jpghttp://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/Brock2.jpg

To this

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/brock1.jpghttp://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/brock1.jpg

He was in worse shape then that for the Overeem fight

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4491479 said:

I like tacos!

:D