Brock Lesnar returns to WWE.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4493972 said:
JR proved he is still the best ...... I will never understand why Vince is so hell bent on not having him do it.

Not a clue. JR has always been the best and Vince has always given him the short end of the stick.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Where's Koko B. Ware when you need him?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
WWE is now advertising former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar for the 4/29 Extreme Rules PPV in Chicago, IL.

Can not wait for RAW. Lesnar v. Punk for the WWE title in Chicago? Yes please! Lockdown is on the 15th so I can order both :). I can not remember the last time I ordered 3 PPVs in a calendar month.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4494533 said:
Can not wait for RAW. Lesnar v. Punk for the WWE title in Chicago? Yes please! Lockdown is on the 15th so I can order both :). I can not remember the last time I ordered 3 PPVs in a calendar month.

You think Lesnar is gonna feud with Punk already? That pay per view is 24 days away.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4494550 said:
You think Lesnar is gonna feud with Punk already? That pay per view is 24 days away.

I'm not sure where they will go. They have a dozen directions they can go with Brock. I am genuinely excited to see what they will do. Putting Brock in a title match is not a difficult thing to do and if they plan on making him a heel having him beat Punk in Chicago is the perfect way to do it plus if they make it a three way Jericho v. Punk v. Lesnar they could allow Lesnar to work a match while being protected from the ring rust/not being in the best of shape allowing him another month and then after the 3 way you could have Lesnar feud with Punk.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4494565 said:
I'm not sure where they will go. They have a dozen directions they can go with Brock. I am genuinely excited to see what they will do. Putting Brock in a title match is not a difficult thing to do and if they plan on making him a heel having him beat Punk in Chicago is the perfect way to do it plus if they make it a three way Jericho v. Punk v. Lesnar they could allow Lesnar to work a match while being protected from the ring rust/not being in the best of shape allowing him another month and then after the 3 way you could have Lesnar feud with Punk.

I dont see him getting into a feud with Punk or esp Jericho. Punk and Lesnar's styles clash too much ...... and Lesnar would look silly trying to match up with Punk on the mic.

If he plans on actually wrestling more than Rock did ...... I think he will fued with Cena, then HHH or Big Show, then Undertaker.

If he plans on wrestling just 2 or 3 times i see it being John for months and then Undertaker a few months before Wrestlemania leading into Taker vs Lesnar.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On a side note ...... here is a pretty funny and revealing interview. Apparently Kane is stronger than Lesnar and it pissed Lesnar off.

Kurt and I competed against each other at EVERYTHING. We hated losing to each other, but it was all in good fun. We even wrestled in the back - he was a little weasel. That was our things, and it went on for a very long time. Even today, there is no way I will let Kurt beat me at something.

At one of the events, the guys in the back were all testing their strength through arm-wrestling and 'mercy'. Most of them were there to 'impress the divas'. I remember running through all of them, even Paul [Big Show], who had bananas for fingers. The only guy I remember being stronger than me and it pissed me off because I hated not being first, was Kane. No one in the WWE was as strong as that guy. Trying to slam his arm down was like trying to push over a tree with one arm.

The life style was too much for me. Right now, I am doing what I love to do - sleep, train, fight and spend time with my family. That is all that matters to me.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/10/1806823/brock-lesnar-reminisces-of-favorite-wwe-moments

Good stuff

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't see how they'd put him into a three way with Punk and Jericho...do you think Cena is going to be attacked by him on RAW and just...walk off?

I think it's pretty obvious who his first feud is going to be with and it's going to be Cena. Jericho vs. Punk will be a singles match at Extreme rules for the WWE title in front of Punks family and friends and it's likely where Jericho will screw him out of the title.

I just don't see what good it would do to add Lesnar to that mix right now and it wouldn't make a lick of sense given that he attacked Cena.

Unless you think they'll make it a 4-Way for the title and that would just be stupid, IMO.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4494860 said:
There was a time not that long ago you would have never said those words.

I have not been this excited over wrestling in years. Hopefully WWE can maintain it, I doubt they will but I hope for the best. Brock Lesnars return was the ultimate mark-out moment for me. I've watched the clip a hundred times and still burst with excitement everytime his theme music hits.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4494582 said:
I dont see him getting into a feud with Punk or esp Jericho. Punk and Lesnar's styles clash too much ...... and Lesnar would look silly trying to match up with Punk on the mic.

If he plans on actually wrestling more than Rock did ...... I think he will fued with Cena, then HHH or Big Show, then Undertaker.

If he plans on wrestling just 2 or 3 times i see it being John for months and then Undertaker a few months before Wrestlemania leading into Taker vs Lesnar.

BraveHeartFan;4494671 said:
I don't see how they'd put him into a three way with Punk and Jericho...do you think Cena is going to be attacked by him on RAW and just...walk off?

I think it's pretty obvious who his first feud is going to be with and it's going to be Cena. Jericho vs. Punk will be a singles match at Extreme rules for the WWE title in front of Punks family and friends and it's likely where Jericho will screw him out of the title.

I just don't see what good it would do to add Lesnar to that mix right now and it wouldn't make a lick of sense given that he attacked Cena.

Unless you think they'll make it a 4-Way for the title and that would just be stupid, IMO.

I could see them potentially having Cena v. Lesnar announced for SummerSlam, I don't think they should or will rush that feud for a match at Extreme Rules. They could have John Cena say he needs time to prepare to fight Brock as we all know how great of a fighter Brock is and challenge him for a match at SummerSlam, have Lesnar mow through everyone until then and there you are.

Lesnar shouldn't be feuding with Big Show or HHH - Both are too old and don't need the rub. After the Cena feud I would like to see him moved into a program with Ziggler or Sheamus to give them a bit of a rub, then move him onto his Mania feud be it with Rock or Undertaker.

Punk v. Lesnar v. Jericho while not the likely direction is possible as I am sure they want to get the title on Lesnar as soon as possible and you could have him run into the ring next week and attack Punk to set up his involvement in the match. I would bet on them making him a heel and one of the only ways that he will get enough heat to be a heel is putting Punk down in Chicago.

Off the Brock topic but still on wrestling-

TNA and SpikeTV reached a 2 year agreement extending their deal through 2014. A lot of people backstage were nervous about not getting a deal done with SPIKE in time so this is very good, they were rumored to be looking at going over to FX, MY9, CW or the rumored new Fox challenger to ESPN that is in the wings. Spike has been very good to TNA and TNA is their highest rated show so getting a deal done just made sense. This is good for TNAs future as with the SPIKE deal in place their future is secured. After 2014 I expect them to try to make the jump to a bigger network however, they have opened up a ton of new revenue sources and the UK market is huge for them and Ring Ka King is a big success in India so if that maintains to be true through 2014 TNA may be willing to take the risk of being off American TV for a few months in order to land the best deal. Both TNA and Spike have stated their goal is for TNA to hit 2m viewers per week, right now it averages around 1.7m up from the 700k when TNA initially went to SPIKE. Since Hogan/Bischoff have come in they have added around 50 countries to their slate and all of that represent $$$ with low expenses through new TV clearance deals, people **** on the Hogan/Bischoff signing but they have paid off BIG TIME in this regard.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Wresting Observer is reporting Brock Lesnars deal is for a guaranteed $5million.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Brock Lesnar signed a one year contract with WWE over the weekend, and it's rumored to be one of the most lucrative contracts in the history of the company.

After seeing Lesnar's drawing ability in the UFC, WWE is rumored to have guaranteed him $5 million to work a limited schedule. He is contracted to appear twice a month for the next year.

Didn't he make a little under $5m during his year as champ in UFC?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4495034 said:
I am sure they want to get the title on Lesnar as soon as possible

Why on earth would they want to put the belt on a guy who is only working part time?

He will have grudge matches just like Rock ...... being a WWE champion is a full time job that requires for you to travel all over the country and represent the WWE in everything from talk shows to radio shows to award shows and charity events ...... daily along with working most house shows and every Raw and Smackdown.

Brock would not want that headache ..... he is back to make money ..... period.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4495100 said:
Why on earth would they want to put the belt on a guy who is only working part time?

He will have grudge matches just like Rock ...... being a WWE champion is a full time job that requires for you to travel all over the country and represent the WWE in everything from talk shows to radio shows to award shows and charity events ...... daily

Brock would not want that headache ..... he is back to make money ..... period.

WWE wants to get as much out of his return as possible. Put the title on him and get headlines everywhere again.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4495101 said:
WWE wants to get as much out of his return as possible. Put the title on him and get headlines everywhere again.

Rock is a much much bigger star ...... and they did not put the belt on him.

Lesnar will not garner headlines anything like Rock did......and he has not.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4495108 said:
Rock is a much much bigger star ...... and they did not put the belt on him.

Lesnar will not garner headlines anything like Rock did......and he has not.

Lesnars signing was mentioned everywhere. Rock and Lesnar are quite similar in statute as stars and both have proven they can draw major $$$$$. Lesnar has proven he can draw major $$$$ in fighting in more recent years however.

I still expect Rock to get a run with the title while he is back in the WWE family.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rock is so far above Brock in terms of being a "star". It is not even close.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;4495127 said:
Wow ....... no way. Not even close.

Lesnar was the biggest star in the UFC. Lesnar is a mainstream personality. The Rock is a huge movie star but it's not like comparing Santino Marella to John Cena, Lesnar is close to Rocks level.

However when you look at The Rocks fanbase and than Brock Lesnars fanbase that does not originate from wrestling who is more likely to watch WWE? The UFC fan or the 12 year old that knows the Rock as the toothfairy?