Broncos hiring Green Bay OC Hackett

plasticman

Reaction score
The son of Paul Hackett, the coach that previous owner Bum Bright, hired without consulting Landry. Bright hated Landry and they feuded often.

Landry and Hackett never got along and this was considered one of the reasons for the Cowboys demise in the late 80's.

Previously, Paul Hackett had been QB coach for the 49ers and helped develop their 1979 3rd round draft pick, Joe Montana.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rodgers probably going to Denver
That is a solid team needing QB ,
Deeper WR group than he had in Green Bay, but they need Oline help.
Juedy, Sutton, Patrick, Fant…..nice
Better defense too, though both are pretty good

Last edited:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Offensive minded coach, can likely bring Rodgers and Adams with him.

Genius signing

Is what it is now. They are a few years from competing so he would have his hands full. Better off staying here and waiting a year. I think they’ll settle for Flores who is a Brooklyn native and is an hour away from East Rutherford

They don't need Adams. They got Sutton, Jeudy and Fant.

They need Rodgers.

Majic

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this guy has a better shot than Quinn if he interviews well. With 9 openings, the league has to make sure at least 2-4 minority candidates are hired.

Nightmare scenario for Cowboys:

Miami-Daboll
NYG-Flores
Chicago-Quinn

You lose Quinn and your rival just picked up an outstanding head coach

DFWJC

Reaction score
Broncos have a solid roster, but most of the best young QBs are in the AFC.
Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow,

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking the same thing but then I thought if Rodgers wants to get to the Super Bowl it might be better if he stay in the NFC especially if he has to play in that division against Mahomes and Herbert and conference with Allen and Burrows. Not much competition in the NFC. Brady ( might retire), maybe Wilson. Although on a selfish note I really would like him out of the conference.

An excellent point. He just doesn't seem as uber competitive as he used to be. He seems more chill. I just don't see a better fit for him on a team ready to win now. Denver has the defense. If they add Rogers, I think it puts them on par with KC and Buffalo.

Bigdog

Reaction score
An excellent point. He just doesn't seem as uber competitive as he used to be. He seems more chill. I just don't see a better fit for him on a team ready to win now. Denver has the defense. If they add Rogers, I think it puts them on par with KC and Buffalo.
I thought of that too. They have very good defense. I just don't see anyone better than him in the NFC. Bucs, Callas Rams all have FA that will leave. The jury is still out on Try Lance but the Niners do have a excellent defense as we have seen. You are right he doesn't seem that cempetetive.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Certainly starting to look that way.......Broncos and Dolphins are likely off the table. Interestingly the Giant's new GM has a history with Daboll, who's bringing Martindale with him as his DC. Have to believe he'd be at the top of their list but if he chooses Dolphins over the Giants, what does that tell you about that job?
Guess I assume right, that Quinn was possibly coming back. Daboll is high on the Giant list, but he is the favorite for Miami, which is a better job. Think Flores is the top guy now for the Giants.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guess I assume right, that Quinn was possibly coming back. Daboll is high on the Giant list, but he is the favorite for Miami, which is a better job. Think Flores is the top guy now for the Giants.

Which job would you take ....Giants or Dolphins? The way I see it, three of the openings ( Jags, Saints and Giants ) are cleaning up the mess left from fired coaches/GM and just when you get it halfway done and still losing, they'll fire ya. lol

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Which job would you take ....Giants or Dolphins? The way I see it, three of the openings ( Jags, Saints and Giants ) are cleaning up the mess left from fired coaches/GM and just when you get it halfway done and still losing, they'll fire ya. lol

If Winston returns to NO as the QB, they are probably a 10 win team. I don't know their roster outlook long-term, but for 2022 the Saints have the best team IMO.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought of that too. They have very good defense. I just don't see anyone better than him in the NFC. Bucs, Callas Rams all have FA that will leave. The jury is still out on Try Lance but the Niners do have a excellent defense as we have seen. You are right he doesn't seem that cempetetive.

But where would he go in the NFC? He is in a similar position to Brady in that he can cherry pick a situation. I think for Rogers, familiarity with the coaching staff and organization is going to be a huge factor. I don't even know he got along with Nathaniel Hacket, but there aren't a lot of landing spots that seem obvious.

Bigdog

Reaction score
But where would he go in the NFC? He is in a similar position to Brady in that he can cherry pick a situation. I think for Rogers, familiarity with the coaching staff and organization is going to be a huge factor. I don't even know he got along with Nathaniel Hacket, but there aren't a lot of landing spots that seem obvious.
I agree with you about familiarity but I think the best place would be to stay at Green Bay but I know that bridge may have been burned. That's if he wants to get to another Super Bowl.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you about familiarity but I think the best place would be to stay at Green Bay but I know that bridge may have been burned. That's if he wants to get to another Super Bowl.

I will be shocked if he goes back to GB given his relationship with the HC and front office. I think they are ready to see what Jordan Love can do. The best fit would be replacing Jimmy G in SF.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I will be shocked if he goes back to GB given his relationship with the HC and front office. I think they are ready to see what Jordan Love can do. The best fit would be replacing Jimmy G in SF.
That it will but I just don't want him in San Fran. With that defense, they definitely would be favor to be in the SB. I also think San Fran wants to see what Lance can do. Selfishly, if he does go to San Fran it will be a long season since I live near the Bay area and I don't want to hear it from my Niners fans.