Twitter: Broncos Poised to Make Cowboys' CB Byron Jones 'Top Target' in Free Agency

John813

Reaction score
Oh well. Hope he goes there rather than Philly.

Don't dislike him but not sure he's worth the price ranges he'll see around the league.

This is what happens when Jerry pays certain other players #1 overall league position top pay. There is no room to keep the Byron Joneses of the team.

Of the top of my head I can only think of Martin and Frederick being paid tops at their position.
Which, both deserved as they were the best at their respective positions.

Tyron Smith got a lot of total money but the AAV was a steal.

D-Law got paid too, but not as the top edge rusher in the league. #2 fwiw

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lid has skills, look no further than the Rod (no pressure defense) for our absence of ints.

fredp22

Reaction score
Philly has said the same thing. dk why so many seem to not care-good player.
the people on this board were smarter than Jerry re the Zeke contract- we overpaid and could have used some of that money now.
After 25 years of doing nothing you cant blame Dak and Zek or any player for just raping this team. the agents see thru Jerry and will abuse him as much as they can

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
We are supposed to build this defense not let it fall apart

Let it fall apart? I’m not understanding your statement. How do you prevent anther team from targeting your free agents. The Dallas Cowboys have a total of 31 free agents and it is going to be impossible to resign half if them. So what do you pay to keep from “falling apart”?

John813

Reaction score
Let it fall apart? I’m not understanding your statement. How do you prevent anther team from targeting your free agents. The Dallas Cowboys have a total of 31 free agents and it is going to be impossible to resign half if them. So what do you pay to keep from “falling apart”?

Overpay everyone this year so we can complain about cap issues the following year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s funny to me how fans weigh the value of a CB on nothing but the # of ints.
Deon Sanders played 14 seasons and had 8 years with only 2-3 interceptions.
Champ Bailey played 15 seasons and had 11 years with 0-3 interceptions.
Darrel Revis? 11 seasons and 6 with 0-2 per season.

we all want our defense to create turnovers, and 1-3 interceptions per year is definitely better than none, but come on....if you have a guy who can cover and take guys out of the game or limit them greatly, that is very valuable. There are a
So players who get 3-4 interceptions while giving up 6-7 long TDs every year.

blumayne38

Reaction score
You pay what’s needed or use the FT. It makes it so you don’t have to spend a 1st on a CB this year.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We are supposed to build this defense not let it fall apart
A critical component to building a solid NFL roster is to not overpay players. Byron Jones is a good CB, but he is not at all worth whet he will be paid.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
They’ve been talking about Byron Jones on the radio for months... it was obvious they were going to target Byron Jones months ago.

conner01

Reaction score
3rd round comp pick, yeah I will take that. If they want him that bad to pay him that much for a 3rd.
We have Lewis and Awuzie still, sign Brown to a 2 year deal. Draft a CB.
We only have them this year
We really need to draft some CB
Jones is a very good cover guy but he doesn’t get ints, he’s 28 yrs old
He’s a great character guy and we wasted some good years of his career at safety
But you sign players you have trouble replacing and I don’t think CB is a position you can’t draft
You may not get a guy who is as good at coverage but may get a guy who gets some ints
It amazes me he only had 2 ints so far in the nfl

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Bye Byron.......we can't make every player the top paid player at their position.