Twitter: Brown's release DT Sheldon Richardson

kskboys

Reaction score
Sadly, we've used most of our available cap space. Unless he's willing to play for peanuts, we can't pay him.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Ain't nobody good, or else they wouldn't be available. All we need is fam.

kskboys

Reaction score
Are we talking Richardson or hurst
I’d sign Richardson in a heartbeat and he was likely a cap cut
Hurst not so much
He was. Fans were not happy about him leaving. Basically, they signed Clowney w/ the money saved by releasing Richardson. Bad trade, if you ask me.

conner01

Reaction score
Sadly, we've used most of our available cap space. Unless he's willing to play for peanuts, we can't pay him.
We could clear more money
I don’t remember who all we’ve done but I wouldn’t want to rework contracts for guys not performing or any RB

conner01

Reaction score
He was. Fans were not happy about him leaving. Basically, they signed Clowney w/ the money saved by releasing Richardson. Bad trade, if you ask me.
Richardson is a DT who gets more sacks than Clowney does on the edge
And he plays the run well
I’d be figuring out some way to sign him myself
I just wouldn’t rework Zeke deal to sign anyone
Almost anyone else I’d look at

kskboys

Reaction score
Richardson is a DT who gets more sacks than Clowney does on the edge
And he plays the run well
I’d be figuring out some way to sign him myself
I just wouldn’t rework Zeke deal to sign anyone
Almost anyone else I’d look at
Reworking deals means pushing it down the road. Will he make us good enough to not sign anyone else for the next 6 years?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We could clear more money
I don’t remember who all we’ve done but I wouldn’t want to rework contracts for guys not performing or any RB

It's better for some fans to just believe that we don't have money as opposed to the reality of the FO's refusal to improve.

aria

Reaction score
Any of these guys got the war daddy Gene?
We’re not interested in war daddies, just Hot Boyz. Extravagant clothes, more concerning with building a “brand” instead of putting the team first, lots of chirping on social media, exuberant celebrations on the field when uncalled for, overpaid...that’s who we’re interested in.

aria

Reaction score
So Richardson will be the first of our 2021 version of Poe/McCoy/Griffen/Smith group that will make us legit contenders. Will we cut him half way through the season as well?

Jerry just keeps buying these players that have little hope. They’re his version of a scratch off lottery ticket, he gets his and some fans hopes up that he’ll hit it big with one of these cast offs when in reality he just keeps losing and going back for more.