Twitter: Brown's release DT Sheldon Richardson

aria

Reaction score
Have we signed him yet?
Easy, eaaaaasy.

You know how Jerry likes to do it, get the fan base all excited over nothing by letting it drag out as long as possible and making sure no other team wants said player so he can get him for a “bargain”. Got to build the hype first, this is a process.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
He was. Fans were not happy about him leaving. Basically, they signed Clowney w/ the money saved by releasing Richardson. Bad trade, if you ask me.

Yep...local radio is all up in arms over this. Richardson was very well liked, sured up the middle of their line and played really well next to Garrett while bringing in an often injured, over-hyped and overrated 'team jumper' to replace him. They're giving a lot of credit to Richardson for finally getting them over to the proverbial hump with helping to stop Poopsburgh's running game and finally beating them when it mattered. Browns' fans be angry. :cool:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Richardson will sign somewhere post draft. I think that could very well be here if we strike out at DT

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Give me Richardson and a legit 1-tech in the draft, and suddenly this defense will look a lot better. DLaw, along with Gregory will be getting double-digit-sacks again, suddenly even our LBs will look better, and maybe even a little healthier. It all starts up front, fellas - both sides of the ball.

The more solid D-linemen you have, the better they all look, the better your LBs look, the better your secondary looks.

Hit on a CB and FS in the draft along with your stud NG, and this defense could be solid.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Easy, eaaaaasy.

You know how Jerry likes to do it, get the fan base all excited over nothing by letting it drag out as long as possible and making sure no other team wants said player so he can get him for a “bargain”. Got to build the hype first, this is a process.
Lol, you know Jerry well!

DanA

Reaction score
For us to sign him we’d have to re-structure someone’s contract. Doubt it happens.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I wonder if they would be willing to match Jarran Reed's contract of $5 million with $2 million in incentives?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Richardson is a DT who gets more sacks than Clowney does on the edge
And he plays the run well
I’d be figuring out some way to sign him myself
I just wouldn’t rework Zeke deal to sign anyone
Almost anyone else I’d look at
Ewe pursued Richardson back when Parcells was still here and we were running a 4 -3 defense. Ok get him now. He should be a bargain now. be a bargain.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's better for some fans to just believe that we don't have money as opposed to the reality of the FO's refusal to improve.
We've used up our salary cap room. Where are you saying this money is?

kskboys

Reaction score
So, signing this guy would mean we can’t sign any free agents for the next six years.

Are we going to pay him 150m per year for six years?
Possibly. When you start pushing salary down the road, it is often years before you clear it up.

Do you truthfully not know this?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep...local radio is all up in arms over this. Richardson was very well liked, sured up the middle of their line and played really well next to Garrett while bringing in an often injured, over-hyped and overrated 'team jumper' to replace him. They're giving a lot of credit to Richardson for finally getting them over to the proverbial hump with helping to stop Poopsburgh's running game and finally beating them when it mattered. Browns' fans be angry. :cool:
It makes no sense. Richardson is a topnotch player and a team leader. Clowney is an oft-injured greedy pariah.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Possibly. When you start pushing salary down the road, it is often years before you clear it up.

Do you truthfully not know this?
I was being sarcastic because your post was so exaggerated.

It’s objectively nonsense

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We've used up our salary cap room. Where are you saying this money is?

It's there in the form of restructuring contracts. I know you don't like pushing money down the road, but I'd rather push money down the road to at least get some talent on the team. If we keep on with our draft-only approach to winning, it won't matter anyway.