Browns vs Chiefs Division Game Thread

Lutonio

Reaction score
Browns though... I think they are track to get better and better finally.
They took a pretty big step forward this season for once.
Be7z95N.png
Could be. They definitely look improved, but the AFC North was a tad inflated all season due to getting to play our crappy NFC East.
:thumbdown:

zerofill

Reaction score
That missed helmet hit by Sorensen was huge. Decided the game.

Yeah with the stuff they call... I have no idea how a ref wasn't in a position to see that.
That is something they would normally call instantly.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It would not have been first and goal since he fumbled it through the endzone. They'd have to take the penalty, not the play. So 15 yards and first down. But I'm not positive.

Helmet to helmet is hard to call when the ball carrier is diving. Leading with the helmet has been against the rules since forever. Rarely is it called.

its called all the time. Guys this year have been called for it using their shoulder in clean plays. The league is hyper about the play and calls it all the time...All of a sudden today no one saw it.

also, you may be right. I thought it was a spot foul but if it is just 15 yards it still sets the browns up to score. There was a minute left.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Romo screaming in surprise!!

“wait a minute so the intent of the play is to deceive the other team!? No way!! We never did that in Dallas. Never seen that before. What is this ‘outsmart’ the defense? Is it a new thing? What happened to ‘line up and beat the guy across from you even though he knows the play you are running?”

That Chiefs victory was coaching. Necessity and invention. Dallas will do that with McCarthys offense. Andy Reid, Sean Payton, and McCarthy are all progeny of the Walsh tree. I hated Walsh bc of The Catch but there is no denying that the WCO is the most diverse and variable of the modern offenses.

zerofill

Reaction score
Could be. They definitely look improved, but the AFC North was a tad inflated all season due to getting to play our crappy NFC East.

NFC East is great... you can make it the the playoffs with a 7-9 record :lmao:

Lutonio

Reaction score
NFC East is great... you can make it the the playoffs with a 7-9 record :lmao:
I was disappointed when Dak went down. Besides obviously not wanting the guy injured, the team was still scoring 40 points a game.

I was intrigued at the idea of a 6-10 Cowboys team hosting a playoff game against a 10 or 11 win team that would have to come in and score 45 to beat them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Still think the Bills win next week

Only if Mahomes doesn’t play and the game is in KC. Josh Allen only passed for 122 yards the last time he faced the Chiefs. Granted Buffalo is better now than they were in week 6 but I still like KC with Mahomes.

Flamma

Reaction score
its called all the time. Guys this year have been called for it using their shoulder in clean plays. The league is hyper about the play and calls it all the time...All of a sudden today no one saw it.

also, you may be right. I thought it was a spot foul but if it is just 15 yards it still sets the browns up to score. There was a minute left.

It probably is called when it's more obvious at full speed. But I'd much rather refs not make a call than make a wrong call. Because even though both are wrong, one is letting them play.

Yeah I think they would have had the first down around the 20.

Flamma

Reaction score
People keep focusing on the penalty and no one is talking about the bad move by the player. That was not the time to be stretching the ball out with a guy bearing down on you. I cringe every time I see a Cowboy do it. But especially on that play. It was a huge gain with plenty of time. No reason to take that risk.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Preach.
AFC North v. NFC East 2020 season:
BAL 4-0
CLE 4-0
PIT 3-1
CIN 0-3-1

DFWJC

Reaction score
Browns got screwed on that helmet-to-helmet on the 1-yard line.
Then again, the Chief losing Mahomes down the stretch was bad luck for them too.

Lutonio

Reaction score
People keep focusing on the penalty and no one is talking about the bad move by the player. That was not the time to be stretching the ball out with a guy bearing down on you. I cringe every time I see a Cowboy do it. But especially on that play. It was a huge gain with plenty of time. No reason to take that risk.
Nice post. A missed call for sure, but how many times have we seen that move bite a team due to that awful rule?

Belichick specifically coaches his team to not extend for the goal line. The rule is ridiculous and not worth the risk.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Only if Mahomes doesn’t play and the game is in KC. Josh Allen only passed for 122 yards the last time he faced the Chiefs. Granted Buffalo is better now than they were in week 6 but I still like KC with Mahomes.
Hopefully it’s a good game, I think the Packers kill either one of these teams

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s a good game, I think the Packers kill either one of these teams

They won’t kill KC if Mahomes is at the wheel. It’s possible they would beat them but I anticipate a great game if that’s the matchup.

cern

Reaction score
Great game. Andy Reid proved again the value of coaching.