Browns vs Chiefs Division Game Thread

Swagger

Reaction score
Only if Mahomes doesn’t play and the game is in KC. Josh Allen only passed for 122 yards the last time he faced the Chiefs. Granted Buffalo is better now than they were in week 6 but I still like KC with Mahomes.
To be fair the Bills were banged up at that point in the season including Allen. They are a different team now.

Although I agree Mahomes will play. Let's get real! Do people think he will be held out due to the Concussion Protocol with a SB appearance at stake...

Swagger

Reaction score
Still think the Bills win next week
Agree.

The Browns were still in the game before Mahomes got knocked out despite giving up 7 points by the receiver not just going down on the 2 yard line giving them 4 plays to get 2 yards and the interception early in the 3rd quarter. Bills are better than the Browns so if they can play a clean game I see them winning

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To be fair the Bills were banged up at that point in the season including Allen. They are a different team now.

Although I agree Mahomes will play. Let's get real! Do people think he will be held out due to the Concussion Protocol with a SB appearance at stake...

The league doesn’t mess around when it comes to concussion protocol. It doesn’t matter who the player is if they don’t pass concussion protocol they’re not playing that includes Mahomes.

Swagger

Reaction score
The league doesn’t mess around when it comes to concussion protocol. It doesn’t matter who the player is if they don’t pass concussion protocol they’re not playing that includes Mahomes.
I agree that should be the stance.
The way he left the field if he plays next week then I would be very surprised given the supposed Protocol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree that should be the stance.
The way he left the field if he plays next week then I would be very surprised given the supposed Protocol.

They have independent neurologists that check players to make sure everything is followed correctly. They won’t allow a player on the field unless they’re right. We’ll see how this week goes for Mahomes.

Swagger

Reaction score
They have independent neurologists that check players to make sure everything is followed correctly. They won’t allow a player on the field unless they’re right. We’ll see how this week goes for Mahomes.
Indeed we will. I have an old fashioned feeling that he will play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Indeed we will. I have an old fashioned feeling that he will play.

I have a feeling he will too but we’ll see. It’s taken some players multiple weeks to pass the concussion protocol.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes, defense wins championships and I don’t see any this year that can stop the Chiefs and all the talent they have at the skill positions.

Yes, and with Dak as QB you need to account for the fumbles and disappearing for large parts of the game.
i wish we would of signed Andy Reid after philly let him go.
Andy Reid > Garrett + McCarthy

No sane coach who has an ounce of self respect wants to come to Dallas and deal with the circus.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have a feeling he will too but we’ll see. It’s taken some players multiple weeks to pass the concussion protocol.
This is a very serious issue.

If Mahomes plays next week then I would seriously question the integrity of the NFL genuinely caring about mental health.

Also, if he is allowed to play, if you are the Head Coach of the Bills do you not unofficially instruct your defenders to take a 15 yard penalty for a helmet to helmet hit to knock him out the game? If so, the consequences could be horrific.

I was reading that based on a report carried out on average NFL players took 19 days to clear the concussion Protocol. The way he went down and got up looked bad enough.

I think this is a big moment for the NFL to make a statement about concussions and their severity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a very serious issue.

If Mahomes plays next week then I would seriously question the integrity of the NFL genuinely caring about mental health.

Also, if he is allowed to play, if you are the Head Coach of the Bills do you not unofficially instruct your defenders to take a 15 yard penalty for a helmet to helmet hit to knock him out the game? If so, the consequences could be horrific.

I was reading that based on a report carried out on average NFL players took 19 days to clear the concussion Protocol. The way he went down and got up looked bad enough.

I think this is a big moment for the NFL to make a statement about concussions and their severity.

If he plays next week it’s because he passed the concussion protocol. Any defender that intentionally goes head to head with Mahomes is not only running the risk of being disqualified from the game and fined by the league but suspended for games the following year. The way the NFL protects QBs no one is going to go after Mahomes’ head intentionally.

Swagger

Reaction score
If he plays next week it’s because he passed the concussion protocol. Any defender that intentionally goes head to head With Mahomes is not only running the risk of being disqualified from the game and fined by the league but suspended for games the following year. The way the NFL protects QBs no one is going to go after Mahomes’ head intentionally.
But come on players can make it look accidental or part of a football play. If it's not a key player then any suspension would be immaterial. The stakes are pretty much as high as they could be and if Mahomes doesn't play then the Bills reach the SB unless they completely blow it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But come on players can make it look accidental or part of a football play. If it's not a key player then any suspension would be immaterial. The stakes are pretty much as high as they could be and if Mahomes doesn't play then the Bills reach the SB unless they completely blow it

It’s very difficult to make a helmet to helmet hit look accidental when it’s intentional. Even unintentional hits to a QBs head especially one of the elite QBs in the league could lead to an ejection and a suspension. No player wants to get a dirty player reputation.

Swagger

Reaction score
It’s very difficult to make a helmet to helmet hit look accidental when it’s intentional. Even unintentional hits to a QBs head especially one of the elite QBs in the league could lead to an ejection and a suspension. No player wants to get a dirty player reputation.
Clowney did a great job on Wentz and nobody knows if that was helmet to helmet...

Big D

Reaction score
It just hit him while camera was on him. Sad. I like Drew.