Browns vs Chiefs Division Game Thread

cern

Reaction score
The last time Mahomes and Mayfield went head to head was in a shootout in 2016 in college. Mayfield came out ahead 66-59.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...9dc9679a-5761-11eb-8864-63f8b8aad3af.amp.html
A most interesting sheldon factoid.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
it seems impossible for zone defenses. Every game its the same, teams go to zone and their mlb is deep and so are the corners and its just a simple 10 yard gain every time.

They cant matchup in man to man I don't think and the browns are a zone defense.
Yep, I remember when we first started playing zone my sophomore year in HS and it was weird basically “allowing” the flats to be uncovered and having to run up and make a tackle after an automatic 6 yd gain or more lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
that wr for the rams was pretty damn fast, az zahir hakim......so was the bears returner devin hester.

They were but Tyreek Hill looks like a lightning bolt. They don’t call him the cheetah for nothing.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
mayfield has nothing to do with it today. The browns defense is bad and trying to play zone with no pass rush all day vs the best qb in the league is a recipe for disaster. The chiefs may score on every possession today. There is nothing the browns offer on defense that is remotely concerning to the chiefs offense.

But if Dak was out there and not scoring 40-50, he absolutely would be blamed as he is every single week.

I don't care about just today. Baker is not a good enough QB to win these games going forward. He needs his defense to get him 6 turnovers to win a playoff game. Good luck with getting that every time out.

MikeB80

Reaction score
But if Dak was out there and not scoring 40-50, he absolutely would be blamed as he is every single week.

I don't care about just today. Baker is not a good enough QB to win these games going forward. He needs his defense to get him 6 turnovers to win a playoff game. Good luck with getting that every time out.

your dak obsession is odd. Dak is not good enough to win a game like this. He has proven that over and over.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
HOF QB
HOF TE
Elite WR's

This not even fair anymore.

Great drafting! Funny but many on draft day considered the Chiefs moving up for Mahomes at number 10 as a reach.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That's a tough one I could see benefits to getting ball first, and also kicking first in order to not give KC a chance at the 14 point halftime swing. Either way you giving the points up, so you might as well get it out the way early rather than late.

You can kick onside like the Saints did in the Super Bowl, too, to start the 2nd half.

Motorola

Reaction score
I remember Garrett once saying he wanted his offense on the field 1st because that was our strength. He flipped eventually to deferring like everybody else.
And just about 99.9% of the time, the Cowboys wind up not scoring \ kicking a field goal---
90% - not scoring
9.9% - kicking a FG

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The game is being put on Mayfield. If the Browns get down 20-3 they’re done unless Mahomes gets injured and he was limping.