***Browns VS Giants Game Thread***

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2199864 said:
Your inference was obvious.

Either that, or you're clueless. Which is it?

So, let me get this straight:

If I didn't really imply what you think I implied, I am the one who's clueless (rather than you).

Does that about sum it up?

Relax, Adam. I promise I wasn't taking a shot at Wade or the Cowboys. My comment was intended to be humorous in light of the recent banter on this board about the importance of playing well in the preseason.

dfense

Reaction score
This first quarter was a classic example of a bad Browns showing making the Giants look good.

Eli's first TD pass, the CB bit on what he thought was a swing pass. Nixon was wide open.

On his second TD, Nixon ran right passed the FS who just turned and fell down. He didn't move from his spot and fell down.

Anderson looks like crap. He can't complete a pass. Their Oline looks like one of the leagues best on paper. But they're getting pushed all over.

And how about that hand off at the goal line? Jamal Lewis fumbles and then just stands up and watches the Giants run away with the ball. He started to jog for a moment, then just walked off the field. Where's the effort?

I just crossed Lewis and Anderson off my fantasy draft list. This game is a bad omen for the Browns season.

dest

Reaction score
The announcer just accidentally called Michael Vick "Michael Football". lol.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2199887 said:
So, let me get this straight:

If I didn't really imply what you think I implied, I am the one who's clueless (rather than you).

Does that about sum it up?

Relax, Adam. I promise I wasn't taking a shot at Wade or the Cowboys. My comment was intended to be humorous in light of the recent banter on this board about the importance of playing well in the preseason.

Like I said, your original inference was obvious, even if you want to backtrack now. Whether you considered it "a shot" at Wade or the Cowboys is irrelevant, because the inference is the same.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dest;2199919 said:
The announcer just accidentally called Michael Vick "Michael Football". lol.

How did Bryant Gumbel get an ESPN gig?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2199937 said:
Like I said, your original inference was obvious, even if you want to backtrack now. Whether you considered it "a shot" at Wade or the Cowboys is irrelevant, because the inference is the same.

There's no need to backtrack. Nothing I've stated throughout our exchange contradicts the content of the original posting; therefore, the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders. If you believe I was taking a shot at Wade and the Cowboys, you must prove it.

As I've already stated, the scope of my comment was limited to this game between the Giants and Browns, and the recent discussions on this board concerning the nature of preseason.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
YoMick;2200033 said:
The Running Back... you know the guy who runs with the ball? what?!!? :lmao2:

If you mean, Emmitt; I've never heard him do game commentary. I've heard him on the pre-game and, although he's bad, I'd still take him in game commentary over Bryant. Bryant is good in other forums like real sports, but not game commentary.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2200075 said:
If you mean, Emmitt; I've never heard him do game commentary. I've heard him on the pre-game and, although he's bad, I'd still take him in game commentary over Bryant. Bryant is good in other forums like real sports, but not game commentary.

lol no I meant Gumball... he says stuff and I say "what?!?!?"

Nav22

Reaction score
I do believe he is the worst I've seen.
That's a bit harsh. He did a great job calling the Cowboys-Packers game last year... the one where Rick Romo tossed 4 TD passes.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
YoMick;2200107 said:
lol no I meant Gumball... he says stuff and I say "what?!?!?"
Oh, gotcha. That's good.

Nav22;2200119 said:
That's a bit harsh. He did a great job calling the Cowboys-Packers game last year... the one where Rick Romo tossed 4 TD passes.
:lmao:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2199956 said:
There's no need to backtrack. Nothing I've stated throughout our exchange contradicts the content of the original posting; therefore, the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders. If you believe I was taking a shot at Wade and the Cowboys, you must prove it.

As I've already stated, the scope of my comment was limited to this game between the Giants and Browns, and the recent discussions on this board concerning the nature of preseason.

Why would I have to prove something that I never claimed and already said was irrelevant?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2200174 said:
Why would I have to prove something that I never claimed and already said was irrelevant?

You stated, "like I said, your original inference was obvious, even if you want to backtrack now. Whether you considered it 'a shot' at Wade or the Cowboys is irrelevant, because the inference is the same."

Whatever you believe about the "inference" of my initial statement beyond that which I've already explained, you bear the onus of proving it.