Brugler Mock 3.0 3/7/23

J-man

Reaction score
I like him a lot, but I'm still firmly in the "no thanks to a early pick TE" camp. Seems like a stupid pick to me. We should be strengthening or weaknesses not adding to strong areas. Even if they lose Shultz that group is pretty good. Add a mid-late rd guy and/or a blocking vet and be done with it.

IMHO O-line, CB and WR are the top 3 need for a quality starter. Good luck filling all those obvious holes in the mid rounds. But hey, at least we'll have a good TE. smh

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There is a 0% chance Flowers makes it to later rounds. He might not make it to us.
Yes, but even if he did, there are talking heads who state that Kincaid is still the better pass catcher.... I assume they're predicting, like many on here, that his value drops as TE aren't normally drafted before WR's.
Also hear that this year's WR class is weak, even to the point that at 26 we may only get a comparative receiver to a player of Talbot's level.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
.....as a later round out, not as a first round. The issue is the receiving, if that's best suited at TE (which fits Dak's skillset and preferences), it sounds like a good plan. Interestingly ESPN (as well as Brugler) mocked Kincaid.
983-CE50-B-65-F5-487-D-810-E-B4-D25064-CF17.jpg

Read those names. The Cowboys have historically had a prototype for receivers. Based on their demonstrated interest this draft they are going away from that. To think they would be interested in a smaller receiver but not in the 1st round is silly.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yes, but even if he did, there are talking heads who state that Kincaid is still the better pass catcher.... I assume they're predicting, like many on here, that his value drops as TE aren't normally drafted before WR's.
Also hear that this year's WR class is weak, even to the point that at 26 we may only get a comparative receiver to a player of Talbot's level.
I like Kincaid, and he does have great hands, but unless he’s a freak show athlete at his pro day he doesn’t add to the offense like someone like Flowers does.

This WR class is weak for blue chip alpha #1s but is loaded for high end #2s which is exactly what we need.

Flowers gives us 4.4 speed and an easy seperator which our offense desperately needs opposite of Lamb.

Who is Talbot? Do you mean Tolbert? That’s way off…as much as I liked him as a prospect (and still do) I could reel off 8ish dudes in this class I’d take over him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I like Kincaid, and he does have great hands, but unless he’s a freak show athlete at his pro day he doesn’t add to the offense like someone like Flowers does.

This WR class is weak for blue chip alpha #1s but is loaded for high end #2s which is exactly what we need.

Flowers gives us 4.4 speed and an easy seperator which our offense desperately needs opposite of Lamb.

Who is Talbot? Do you mean Tolbert? That’s way off…as much as I liked him as a prospect (and still do) I could reel off 8ish dudes in this class I’d take over him.
It's not way off, that's the drop off between this year's class of WR and the 2020-22.

You may like them, but Brugler, Zierlein and Kiper don't. As with your comments about spending CAP you seem to be trying to create scenario's that aren't there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he better be Kelce if we draft him at 26. I just think its a mistake. We have better options at 26.

John813

Reaction score
Actually, based on this mock, he's probably the highest-graded player left on their board. Especially a day-one plug-and-play player. I mean who else would ya take? ( based on this mock )

Bresee or Sanders-if they let LVE walk. Or one of the offensive tackles if someone signs Steele(unlikely, but option c)

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's not way off, that's the drop off between this year's class of WR and the 2020-22.

You may like them, but Brugler, Zierlein and Kiper don't. As with your comments about spending CAP you seem to be trying to create scenario's that aren't there.
Based off of consensus big boards Tolbert was 63 last year.This class has 7 guys ahead of that number...which is conservative.If we're going off of my opinion, and not consensus big boards, there are probably closer to 10.

I didn't say anything about the CAP...so not sure what you're talking about there.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Based off of consensus big boards Tolbert was 63 last year.This class has 7 guys ahead of that number...which is conservative.If we're going off of my opinion, and not consensus big boards, there are probably closer to 10.

I didn't say anything about the CAP...so not sure what you're talking about there.
As with the CAP conversation you fail to see behind the basic figures. It doesn't matter how many players are ahead of them on the depth chart if the class is regarded as poor.

Opinion's are fine, but when you can't qualify it by any analysis other by a basic number it's an opinion based on limited subjectivity.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
983-CE50-B-65-F5-487-D-810-E-B4-D25064-CF17.jpg

Read those names. The Cowboys have historically had a prototype for receivers. Based on their demonstrated interest this draft they are going away from that. To think they would be interested in a smaller receiver but not in the 1st round is silly.
Let's be fair, we've interviewed nearly every WR, my 86 year old mother also had a chat with McClay.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

That’s funny, Brugler has three receivers going in the 1st round and all of them ahead of Kincaid at 26.

cnuball21

Reaction score
As with the CAP conversation you fail to see behind the basic figures. It doesn't matter how many players are ahead of them on the depth chart if the class is regarded as poor.

Opinion's are fine, but when you can't qualify it by any analysis other by a basic number it's an opinion based on limited subjectivity.
You’ve lost me by bringing up the CAP again which I never mentioned…

Last year was considered a weak WR class too. My analysis is based off a consensus but board which aggregates data across 50+ big boards and includes some from the big media analysts. What is your analysis based off of?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s funny, Brugler has three receivers going in the 1st round and all of them ahead of Kincaid at 26.
Right and as been stated TE's don't normally go as high as the premium WR position. Brugler also says that the WR class is poor in comparison to last couple of years and that Kincaid is possibly the best pass catcher ...regardless of position.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You’ve lost me by bringing up the CAP again which I never mentioned…

Last year was considered a weak WR class too. My analysis is based off a consensus but board which aggregates data across 50+ big boards and includes some from the big media analysts. What is your analysis based off of?
Listening to Brugler, Zierlein, Kiper and Broaddus....last year's class wasn't that great (but better than this year's). Big Boards mean nothing, what you need to listen to is the limited Grades that these experts give as that gives you a better comparison between years.
Tolbert was higher regarded than many on here think and was only really down graded by going to South Bama and lack of initial speed.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Listening to Brugler, Zierlein, Kiper and Broaddus....last year's class wasn't that great (but better than this year's). Big Boards mean nothing, what you need to listen to is the limited Grades that these experts give as that gives you a better comparison between years.
Tolbert was higher regarded than many on here think and was only really down graded by going to South Bama and lack of initial speed.
How do you think big boards are created? I’ll help…based on grades.

But I’ll play along - NFL.COM gave Tolbert a 6.21 and there are 14 WRs with higher grades this year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How do you think big boards are created? I’ll help…based on grades.

But I’ll play along - NFL.COM gave Tolbert a 6.21 and there are 14 WRs with higher grades this year.
No, the Big Boards are based purely on ranking the players in that draft. The Grading System the draft guru's use factors in comparisons with previous drafts, that's why you get experts say there's only (for example) 18 first rounders and say 20 second rounders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. Indianapolis Colts (Chicago) - C.J. Stroud QB Ohio St.
2. Houston Texans - Bryce Young QB Alabama
3. Arizona Cardinals - Will Anderson Jr. EDGE Alabama
4. Carolina Panthers (Indy thru Chicago) - Anthony Richardson QB Florida
5. Seattle Seahawks (Denver) - Jalen Carter DT Georgia
6. Detroit Lions (L.A. Rams) - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
7. Las Vegas Raiders - Will Levis QB Kentucky
8. Atlanta Falcons - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech
9. Chicago Bears (Carolina) - Lukas Van Ness DL Iowa
10. New England Patriots (New Orleans thru Phila) - Peter Skoronski T/G Northwestern
11. Tennessee Titans - Paris Johnson Jr. T Ohio St.
12. Houston Texans (Cleveland) - Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia
13. New York Jets - Broderick Jones T Georgia
14. Philadelphia Eagles (New England) - Bijan Robinson RB Texas
15. Green Bay Packers - Brian Branch DB Alabama
16. Washington (Red)skins - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. Penn St.
18. Detroit Lions - Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson
20. Seattle Seahawks - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St.
21. Los Angeles Chargers - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
22. Baltimore Ravens - Zay Flowers WR Boston College
23. Minnesota Vikings - Deonte Banks CB Maryland
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
25. New York Giants - Jordan Addison WR USC

26. Dallas Cowboys - Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
The last time the Cowboys drafted a tight end in the first round (David LaFleur in 1997), Barry Switzer was still head coach. But the current Cowboys are looking for playmakers on offense and Kincaid offers a unique profile. He could give Dak Prescott quick wins, like the aforementioned Schultz, while also providing more explosive potential with his seam and run-after-catch skills.

27. Buffalo Bills - Drew Sanders LB Arkansas
28. Cincinnati Bengals - Anton Harrison T Oklahoma
29. New Orleans Saints - (San Fran thru Mia, Den) - Bryan Bresee DT Clemson
30. Philadelphia Eagles - Darnell Wright T/G Tennessee
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Dawand Jones T Ohio St.
That would be the worst pick we could make.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No, the Big Boards are based purely on ranking the players in that draft. The Grading System the draft guru's use factors in comparisons with previous drafts, that's why you get experts say there's only (for example) 18 first rounders and say 20 second rounders.
I disagree, but again I’ll play along.

I’ve shared NFLs rankings.

Do you have any backing your claims?