Brugler Mock 3.0 3/7/23

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
1. Indianapolis Colts (Chicago) - C.J. Stroud QB Ohio St.
2. Houston Texans - Bryce Young QB Alabama
3. Arizona Cardinals - Will Anderson Jr. EDGE Alabama
4. Carolina Panthers (Indy thru Chicago) - Anthony Richardson QB Florida
5. Seattle Seahawks (Denver) - Jalen Carter DT Georgia
6. Detroit Lions (L.A. Rams) - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
7. Las Vegas Raiders - Will Levis QB Kentucky
8. Atlanta Falcons - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech
9. Chicago Bears (Carolina) - Lukas Van Ness DL Iowa
10. New England Patriots (New Orleans thru Phila) - Peter Skoronski T/G Northwestern
11. Tennessee Titans - Paris Johnson Jr. T Ohio St.
12. Houston Texans (Cleveland) - Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia
13. New York Jets - Broderick Jones T Georgia
14. Philadelphia Eagles (New England) - Bijan Robinson RB Texas
15. Green Bay Packers - Brian Branch DB Alabama
16. Washington (Red)skins - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. Penn St.
18. Detroit Lions - Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson
20. Seattle Seahawks - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St.
21. Los Angeles Chargers - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
22. Baltimore Ravens - Zay Flowers WR Boston College
23. Minnesota Vikings - Deonte Banks CB Maryland
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
25. New York Giants - Jordan Addison WR USC

26. Dallas Cowboys - Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
The last time the Cowboys drafted a tight end in the first round (David LaFleur in 1997), Barry Switzer was still head coach. But the current Cowboys are looking for playmakers on offense and Kincaid offers a unique profile. He could give Dak Prescott quick wins, like the aforementioned Schultz, while also providing more explosive potential with his seam and run-after-catch skills.

27. Buffalo Bills - Drew Sanders LB Arkansas
28. Cincinnati Bengals - Anton Harrison T Oklahoma
29. New Orleans Saints - (San Fran thru Mia, Den) - Bryan Bresee DT Clemson
30. Philadelphia Eagles - Darnell Wright T/G Tennessee
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Dawand Jones T Ohio St.
Bruglers usually pretty in the area of their needs. He's way off here. The OL right now is uncertain. Very good OL out there and he picks a non blocking TE. If it fell like this my money would be on O'cyrus

stiletto

Reaction score
The TE from GA supposedly can block like another Lineman and also is capable of being a monster in the passing game similar to Gronk. It's the ONLY way I'd consider a TE if he would be like adding another OLineman + be Gronk like in the passing game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Bruglers usually pretty in the area of their needs. He's way off here. The OL right now is uncertain. Very good OL out there and he picks a non blocking TE. If it fell like this my money would be on O'cyrus
I suppose there's a fair bit of disagreement, even amongst the 'experts', Broaddus continually hating on him for being too slow, I suppose everyone values different skillsets.
I would imagine Kincaid is the best fit to improve a catcher, even if we have to go to 12 personnel....this is the whole discussion of how to best improve the receiving corp...McShay also mocks us taking Kincaid and to be fair to Brugler he does question whether the Cowboys drafting philosophy would see us draft a TE in the 1st.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s uncertain to them … outside of LG.

We know it needs upgraded, but I see them doing nothing.

4 starters are locked in. Tyler, Biadasz, Martin, Smith / Steele. They have 3-4 backups that will make the team. Farniok, Ball, Waletzko. That’s already 8 guys. Peters is rumored to be wanted back. So that gives you 9 guys

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dallas just used a 4th round draft pick last year on Ferguson. Why in the world would they go TE in 2023?
Because I thought we learnt with Charlton and Hill that we shouldnt be picking for need.....but the reason why he's attractive isnt the position it's that he's one if not the best receiver in the draft for hands and finding space....Dak also loves his TE's.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ferguson; the same as Schultz.
Kincaid is an upgrade over both. Those who see a TE are going to be negative, those who see probably the best pass catcher in the draft at 26 are going to see a player that can have a Kittle/Kelce impact, especially as they mention his ability to find space and good hands.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Kincaid is an upgrade over both. Those who see a TE are going to be negative, those who see probably the best pass catcher in the draft at 26 are going to see a player that can have a Kittle/Kelce impact, especially as they mention his ability to find space and good hands.
He is neither Kelce or Kittle.

In fact, he’s more Chris Cooley than either of those guys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Kelce and Kittle weren’t Kelce and Kittle until after they started playing in the NFL.

You don’t like Kincaid?
No, but I have the luxury of comparing/projecting Kincaid to what Kelce and Kittle are today.

I don’t see him has either of those players. I think he’s probably somewhere between Cooley and Evan Engram (slower but with better/reliable hands).

I don’t dislike Kincaid. I just don’t think he’s the remedy to what this offense needs.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No, but I have the luxury of comparing/projecting Kincaid to what Kelce and Kittle are today.

I don’t see him has either of those players. I think he’s probably somewhere between Cooley and Evan Engram (slower but with better/reliable hands).

I don’t dislike Kincaid. I just don’t think he’s the remedy to what this offense needs.
Gotcha. I understand that logic.

cnuball21

Reaction score

He’s like a slightly less athletic Engram with way, way better ball skills.

He’s not THE solution to our problems, but he sure as heck helps.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s like a slightly less athletic Engram with way, way better ball skills.

He’s not THE solution to our problems, but he sure as heck helps.
Perhaps it’s hard to see the big picture without knowing how free agency will unfold. If we add a healthy OBJ or Hopkins to the receiver corp, suddenly, a guy like Kincaid makes more sense to me.

Also, let’s wait and see how Kincaid tests. Engram ran a 4.42 and jumped 36”.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Perhaps it’s hard to see the big picture without knowing how free agency will unfold. If we add a healthy OBJ or Hopkins to the receiver corp, suddenly, a guy like Kincaid makes more sense to me.

Also, let’s wait and see how Kincaid tests. Engram ran a 4.42 and jumped 36”.
Yea, I started a whole separate thread with a scenario in which I liked Kincaid…fixing WR 2 was part of it.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I hope a whole bunch of TE's, RB's, WR's and QB's get taken before Dallas. Then we can have the pick of the litter on what we really need..

JBS

Reaction score
Man, that’s a tough one for me because I really like Gibbs a lot too. He is just so smooth in everything he does and he’s got speed to burn. Plus, I can’t help but get excited thinking about a play-action, inside zone running game with Pollard and Gibbs teaming up on defenses.

But, Kincaid is going to be exceptional IMO, and I think that it would be easier to find a RB in the later rounds than it would be to find a really good receiving TE.

So, if I had to take one of them, it would probably be Kincaid and I’d look for a good back to pair with Pollard in the 3rd/4th round.

I really like both though, and either one would add big-time juice to the offense.
Izzy Abanikanda!!!

exciter

Reaction score
Dallas just used a 4th round draft pick last year on Ferguson. Why in the world would they go TE in 2023?
Uh… because Ferguson’s ceiling is as a #2 blocking TE at this level!