Brugler Mock 3.0 3/7/23

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I disagree, but again I’ll play along.

I’ve shared NFLs rankings.

Do you have any backing your claims?
Listening to Brugler and Zierlein I'm surprised with these gradings, especially platers like Hyatt who they believe tests well, but may find the transition to the NFL difficult due to more confined space than he's used to in college. I'm also sure Brugler had a higher grading on Tolbert, would be interesting to see The Beast for his take.
In any case going by those NFL.Com gradings, Kincaid would come on above all bar one of the WR's in this years class.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Really dont want a TE in the first. At all.
For me, it just depends on who’s available. I can see the board picked over enough where I (or the team) would feel like Kincaid or Washington are the BPA.

I can also see a scenario where there could be a few players that I’d rather have than any of the TE’s.

We just won’t know until draft day. I do like the TE’s though, and wouldn’t freak out if that’s the pick.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think you’re right that both will be gone by our pick…unfortunately
I think maybe one… but both, I don’t think they will be.

If both are there… then the first round probably hasn’t fallen like I want it to.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Listening to Brugler and Zierlein I'm surprised with these gradings, especially platers like Hyatt who they believe tests well, but may find the transition to the NFL difficult due to more confined space than he's used to in college. I'm also sure Brugler had a higher grading on Tolbert, would be interesting to see The Beast for his take.
In any case going by those NFL.Com gradings, Kincaid would come on above all bar one of the WR's in this years class.
Lance Z did these rankings.

If you want to share Bruglers grade for Tolbert and compare them to this year I’m all ears.

And good for Kincaid - but we’re talking about this years WRs vs Tolbert.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Right and as been stated TE's don't normally go as high as the premium WR position. Brugler also says that the WR class is poor in comparison to last couple of years and that Kincaid is possibly the best pass catcher ...regardless of position.
Pass catcher, as in reliable hands.

And “poor in comparison” is relative. It doesn’t mean this year’s crop sucks because there’s no Julio Jones or Marvin Harrison Jr. type prospects at the top.

This offense doesn’t need a Jason Witten type. It desperately needs explosive elements at the wide receiver position.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, the Big Boards are based purely on ranking the players in that draft. The Grading System the draft guru's use factors in comparisons with previous drafts, that's why you get experts say there's only (for example) 18 first rounders and say 20 second rounders.
Lool, what in the world are you talking about?

Grading systems have nothing to do with comparing other draft classes.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I think maybe one… but both, I don’t think they will be.

If both are there… then the first round probably hasn’t fallen like I want it to.
I think Washington and Kincaid could both go top 20-25, depending on what teams think of Mayer. I will be stoked if Washington is available!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Lance Z did these rankings.

If you want to share Bruglers grade for Tolbert and compare them to this year I’m all ears.

And good for Kincaid - but we’re talking about this years WRs vs Tolbert.
Strange how Lance has graded Hyatt as his WR1 (graded as a Boom or Bust), but in his latest mock doesnt have him going in the 1st Rd (Johnson and Smith-Njigba). Brugler had Tolbert in the lase 2nd Round, ill share The Beast when it's published. By the sound of it Zierlein and Brugler differ on evaluating speed.

and stop with the misquoting, what I said was that ..... "at 26 we may only get a comparative receiver to a player of Talbot's level."

cnuball21

Reaction score
Strange how Lance has graded Hyatt as his WR1 (graded as a Boom or Bust), but in his latest mock doesnt have him going in the 1st Rd (Johnson and Smith-Njigba). Brugler had Tolbert in the lase 2nd Round, ill share The Beast when it's published. By the sound of it Zierlein and Brugler differ on evaluating speed.

and stop with the misquoting, what I said was that ..... "at 26 we may only get a comparative receiver to a player of Talbot's level."
Ok - keep me posted when you have Danes rankings.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Pass catcher, as in reliable hands.

And “poor in comparison” is relative. It doesn’t mean this year’s crop sucks because there’s no Julio Jones or Marvin Harrison Jr. type prospects at the top.

This offense doesn’t need a Jason Witten type. It desperately needs explosive elements at the wide receiver position.
So what does Dak use as his check out? If we wanted explosive elements we could/ should of played Turpin.