Bryan Broaddus on Chaz Green

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is this more about broaddus or green. It should be about green. Broaddus is entitled to his opinion no matter how wrong he might be. Anyone watching that game saw how poorly both green and bell played. And how poorly the team was coached. The problem extends to more than just the players. Perhaps broaddus should have commented on the coaching staff as well.
Linehan failed both Green and Bell. JG offered no solutions. Dak was lucky to escape that game walking upright with no broken bones. Broaddus wont criticize his cash cow. He's riding the Jerry Jones gravy train...he aint THAT stupid.

Rayman70

Reaction score
In the end though,the players must suck it up and compete/execute. Green and Bell either lacked the ability or are not very smart football-wise. One thing that folks are not taking about that CAN be remedied is Greens weight and endurance issues. That may have played major roles in his performance since he's been in Dallas. Think about it...if your a half step too slow,your gonna get beat. Especially at left tackle its vital to be quick with your feet and hands.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Linehan failed both Green and Bell. JG offered no solutions. Dak was lucky to escape that game walking upright with no broken bones. Broaddus wont criticize his cash cow. He's riding the Jerry Jones gravy train...he aint THAT stupid.

Green was a bad draft pick. Period.

He was a certified reach on draft day and everything the player has shown since has affirmed it.

I really don't understand why there is some point of contention.

Well, he was good in that one game I watched against San Fran in Zeke's rookie year!

Seriously, this kid can't play. He will disappear into the meat grinder that consumes all the other poor players that just for some gosh darn reason never made it even though they were good enough to do so.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Green was a bad draft pick. Period.

He was a certified reach on draft day and everything the player has shown since has affirmed it.

I really don't understand why there is some point of contention.

Well, he was gud in that one game I watched against San Fran in Zeke's rookie year!

Seriously, this kid can't play. He will disappear into the meat grinder that consumes all the other poor players that just for some gosh darn reason never made it even though they were good enough to do so.
Well said man. Preachin to the choir. I been beating that drum since he came into the league on draft day. I never understood why they EVER thought an oft injured player was worth reaching for that high. If we didnt choose him there,he very well may have went undrafted. Like you said,I dont understand all the contention on this board.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well said man. Preachin to the choir. I been beating that drum since he came into the league on draft day. I never understood why they EVER thought an oft injured player was worth reaching for that high. If we didnt choose him there,he very well may have went undrafted. Like you said,I dont understand all the contention on this board.

He is such a curious case.

He was really set up to fail. He was never good enough and yet he was left out to dry.

I guess every organization has their case like this.

Someone proved their point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's interesting the amount of folks who bash Broaddus. I wonder if they actually watch his podcasts. I'm pretty sure the ones who like to say he's employed by Jones blah blah blah. Ever heard him when he wanted JG to lose his job?
I've listened to Broaddus from back before he was with the Cowboys. He got into media on Randy Galloway's radio show.

Broaddus is OK if he looks at two players in the draft and just says what he sees in terms of comparison.

Where he fails is any analysis that is more complicated than described above.

He struggles with any type of logic. He has even admitted to being a dummy from LSU.

The reason he irritates so many people is because so many fans and media repeat what he says. His opinions which are wrong more often than not become narratives because so many people repeat them. The fact thata he works for the Cowboys and was a scout incorrectly leads people to believe him.

He said for an entire year that Marinelli would go to Tampa when his contract was over. It's turned out to be completely false. Just an example of dumb things he says.

Parcells fired him for incompetence. Broaddus has admitted that he tried to get another scouting job but couldn't. Being in the media was his 2nd choice.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
"The player must have a skill set in order for a coach to get said player ready for action"

Who says he doesn't? His draft profile says:
"Plays with good footwork and overall pass-protection technique on his initial pass sets. Hand placement is adequate. Plays with open eyes and desired football intelligence. Has a feel for stunts, twists and blitzes and can pick them up. Good initial quickness to get to tough reach blocks and climbs smoothly to second-level blocks."

Not every player is a Larry Allen, who can transition from one offensive line position to another one, trying to make him a guard could very well have ******** his development.

That being said, I'd have to say that he should be put back solely at tackle in otas, camp and pre-season, and if he doesn't show significant improvement, then he should probably be released....
Really, who cares what the film said when he was going into the draft. Watching the film of the Atlanta game says it all. He stinks! It also says Garrett is an idiot for not helping him or Bell the whole game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Put him back at tackle? ARE YA NUTS? The guy is in no way a pro tackle. Accept it! Do you really want to see this guy protecting our franchise QB? Hey..I cheer for the guys success..that would be the surprise of th year. But I'm not seeing the basis for your argument. HE IS A GUARD and not even a 2nd string guard.
He’s a weak out of shape guard. Doesn’t have the strength to get enough push.

kskboys

Reaction score
A terrible pick. Everything I read pointed toward being a UFA. Late round pick at best. Seriously, he would've been there almost for sure in the 5th, why waste a 3rd? Very odd pick.

remdak

Reaction score
If you follow Broaddus on Twitter, you will notice that Brian "likes" alot of young hotties on Twitter. My timeline sometimes has way too many of his likes of young women's tweets. It's kind of creepy. I wonder if he realizes everybody see those "likes".

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
My take on the guy is he will ALWAYS be wrong,almost right on schedule. If he says something about a player..the opposite is likely true. He had some commentary on D.C.com about actually..the argument as to why we need to keep Chaz Green. I AM NOT KIDDING. Neither is he. From time to time I watch his draft prospect video breakdowns...and this guy is really all over the map. I think we are seeing why he is no longer a scout. I think Stevie Wonder could do better. Broaddus is stealing money from JJ IMO. He lost me on his Chaz Green take.
I agree.....atleast he's consistently wrong...no wonder Jerry likes him so much.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you follow Broaddus on Twitter, you will notice that Brian "likes" alot of young hotties on Twitter. My timeline sometimes has way too many of his likes of young women's tweets. It's kind of creepy. I wonder if he realizes everybody see those "likes".
lol...prolly not...but he strikes me as the type that doesnt care. He's full of himself.