Bryan Broaddus on Chaz Green

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Jerry Jones school of thought on Chazzy Green..."force it".... "make it work" ..."see I am a genius." "I spent a 3rd round pick on him, he can't be cut." THAT IS MY FEAR.

tm1119

Reaction score
Green can’t play LT or C and is constantly injured...just a waste of a roster spot, we need a reliable guy who can play multiple positions and Green is certainly not that. Cut bait and move on, o line depth is too important to let pride get in the way of holding onto a failed pick.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"HE IS A GUARD"

He NEVER played guard in college, like I said, not every player can transition from one o-line spot to another, there's no need to make a decision on him in the off-season, let him get back to where he played in college and make your determination after pre-season.

I'm on record as saying the Cowboys need to draft an OT no later than the second round, if they do that Green can stay until after pre-season...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Jerry Jones school of thought on Chazzy Green..."force it".... "make it work" ..."see I am a genius." "I spent a 3rd round pick on him, he can't be cut." THAT IS MY FEAR.

That's Jerry on a lot of players, not just Green - J. Smith, e.g....:laugh:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Scouting reports are overrated. They are only guidelines,not etched in stone"

Sure, no doubt about that.

But one thing that made Jimmy keep Newton around was that, despite his weight problems, etc., was his "good feet". That is something that is clearly discernable, which Green evidently has.

Do you have great faith in the coaches to be able to develop OTs? If so, then it would be obvious Green isn't any good, but how about we see if the new o-line coach can do something with Green?

This are so many needs on this team, if you cut everybody that isn't performing up to par you won't have enough draftees to replace them. If for no other reason than that, let's give Green one more shot...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Green can’t play LT or C and is constantly injured...just a waste of a roster spot, we need a reliable guy who can play multiple positions and Green is certainly not that. Cut bait and move on, o line depth is too important to let pride get in the way of holding onto a failed pick.
well said. Its that simple,dunno what more people wanna see.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Scouting reports are overrated. They are only guidelines,not etched in stone"

Sure, no doubt about that.

But one thing that made Jimmy keep Newton around was that, despite his weight problems, etc., was his "good feet". That is something that is clearly discernable, which Green evidently has.

Do you have great faith in the coaches to be able to develop OTs? If so, then it would be obvious Green isn't any good, but how about we see if the new o-line coach can do something with Green?

This are so many needs on this team, if you cut everybody that isn't performing up to par you won't have enough draftees to replace them. If for no other reason than that, let's give Green one more shot...
Greens feet havent done a darn thing for us yet.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He's kind of an *** towards the fans, too. Him, Mike Fisher and Mickey.

Thanks for mentioning this. Always dismissive. It really is remarkable - a failed scout gets a cherry job in Cowboys media and thinks he is better than the fans. Guy talks about football for a living and should be grateful for that. He should not act like he is splitting atoms. Mickey, don't get me started on that guy. Always dismissive. Always the smartest guy in the room. That guy is wrong nearly 100% of the time. A shameless homer. The arrogance floors me. There is a poster here - Bob Hayes - is his "name". That guy is a million times more insightful and thoughtful than those 2 knuckleheads.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Greens feet havent done a darn thing for us yet."

...yet... that's the key.

And though I've always said I don't think all that highly of the Cowboys' coaches, but they see Green just about every day, in practices, etc.

I seriously doubt they keep him around if they see little or no possibility of developing. If all these posters who say Green is never going to be a decent or good player are such experts they need to hightail it to Dallas and get on the staff...

Rayman70

Reaction score
He isn’t a LT. He may be ok as a guard.
Thats what I have always seen. I think it was myself and Cowboyron...a couple years ago..over on the DC message board,we both came to that same conclusion after that debacle of a preseason game where Chaz was handled by third stringers and guys that would eventually be cut. Dak ran for his life then,and nothing has changed since,and never will. BTW...it was the Rams game in 2016. That game ranks right up there with the Falcons game this year. It was that bad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Greens feet havent done a darn thing for us yet."

...yet... that's the key.

And though I've always said I don't think all that highly of the Cowboys' coaches, but they see Green just about every day, in practices, etc.

I seriously doubt they keep him around if they see little or no possibility of developing. If all these posters who say Green is never going to be a decent or good player are such experts they need to hightail it to Dallas and get on the staff...
I love your blind faith and devotion,but man...you had better be right lol. Or Dak will be in big BIG trouble.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Always dismissive."

Yep, somebody calls in to the weekly show, and no matter what they say, he either disagrees or has to modify the caller's viewpoint....

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Always dismissive."

Yep, somebody calls in to the weekly show, and no matter what they say, he either disagrees or has to modify the caller's viewpoint....
Because its the only thing left for him...he is basically unhirable as an NFL Scout (failure)..so his fall back is the plum job working for Jerry Jones as his media Yes man...pumpin out the Jerrah "speak" and propaganda if u will,over the airwaves. Its all the dude's got left.He's the shoe shine boy for Jerry and Stevie.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"I love your blind faith and devotion,but man...you had better be right lol. Or Dak will be in big BIG trouble."

Only if Green 1. doesn't improve and 2. has to play a lot.

I've never said Green should be a starter, all I'm saying is that we need to put him at tackle EXCLUSIVELY and let him go through another camp and pre-season, while drafting a solid OT in the first or second round. Besides, if Smith stays healthy, and either Cooper continues to improve at guard or the Cowboys draft a guard early, then he's just going to play mop up duty or spot duty, and they can put a tight end or back to help him and get out of there after a short stint in the game.

Geez, some of you act like I want them to cut T. Smith and put Green in his place:omg:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"He's the shoe shine boy for Jerry and Stevie."

Yeah, along with Mickey, who's the biggest homer of all time...

Rayman70

Reaction score
"I love your blind faith and devotion,but man...you had better be right lol. Or Dak will be in big BIG trouble."

Only if Green 1. doesn't improve and 2. has to play a lot.

I've never said Green should be a starter, all I'm saying is that we need to put him at tackle EXCLUSIVELY and let him go through another camp and pre-season, while drafting a solid OT in the first or second round. Besides, if Smith stays healthy, and either Cooper continues to improve at guard or the Cowboys draft a guard early, then he's just going to play mop up duty or spot duty, and they can put a tight end or back to help him and get out of there after a short stint in the game.

Geez, some of you act like I want them to cut T. Smith and put Green in his place:omg:
No...I dont think that. What I'm worried about is the same scenario and repeat happening in which Tyrons back acts up...he misses games,then we are stuck with Chaz AGAIN. We know how that story ends. I dont like that. lol..

bdk76

Reaction score
The player must have a skill set in order for a coach to get said player ready for action. Green stinks man...I dont think any coach would help him. Best case scenario is play him at guard...3rd string.

He's not a guard, his skill set is clearly suited for tackle, which he played well when filling in for Tyron in 2016. Trying to move him to guard was a huge mistake and absolutely made zero sense. Hopefully this staff will end that experiment and leave him out at tackle going forward. I'd have no problems with him being our swing tackle next season, but I also don't evaluate players based on one game, I'm a total picture kind of fan. Saying he stinks based on one game were he was set up to fail...lmao... sounds like a typical fan

Rayman70

Reaction score
"He's the shoe shine boy for Jerry and Stevie."

Yeah, along with Mickey, who's the biggest homer of all time...
Agree 100% . At one time Mickey was decent,but that was many years ago. Now he's a guy who clearly wants to collect a paycheck and use "Jerry Speak" when talking to the fans or writing an article. Jerry speak is pretty much pretending you have a clue when you really are full of crap...never really answering the questions. Its all fluff.