Bryan Broaddus on fourth pick

JDSTAR

Reaction score
What I don't do is pick a pet cat and bash perceived opponents like this is politics. What you are getting from me is pushback against that; not me demanding we draft Bosa.

Yes you do. I'll reply to all the times you've bashed other people because of their opinions, because they're different from yours. That's the whole reason why I'm lashing out against you now; and you think you've "won" the argument. That's the problem right there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes you do. I'll reply to all the times you've bashed other people because of their opinions, because they're different from yours. That's the whole reason why I'm lashing out against you now; and you think you've "won" the argument. That's the problem right there.

I certainly call out when I see uninformed opinions in an argument. What I don't do is get mad and start making sexual comments.

My schtick is designed to get people to argue and challenge their preconceived ideas. It's good at getting to the heart of the matter. Quit whining and tossing base sexual insults. I'm talking about ideas while you are talking about people. You may think yourself cavalier but I promise you, you aren't.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's not all about money, it's was never all about money with Murray. It was more to do about wear and tear and his age than his asking price. If Murray was 24 and had an excellent injury history with more than one great season, he would be a Cowboy right now. Murray was 27 with one fully healthy season under his belt coming off a season where he got a ton of carries. Those are the biggest factors why he is not wearing a star right now.

On the other hand, Elliott is an exceptionally talented player with a better pedigree than Murray. He also has no NFL carries, that works out in his favor...not against it.

Those two aren't a the same league. I have zero idea if the FO goes Zeek are not. But after the investment
on the front line adding Zeek would have multi positive results. One is staying on the field. The other
is saving Romo some wear and tear.''' I hope the FO isn't becoming dogmatic in their thinking.

JDSTAR

Reaction score
I certainly call out when I see uninformed opinions in an argument. What I don't do is get mad and start making sexual comments.

My schtick is designed to get people to argue and challenge their preconceived ideas. It's good at getting to the heart of the matter. Quit whining and tossing base sexual insults. I'm talking about ideas while you are talking about people. You may think yourself cavalier but I promise you, you aren't.

No, quite the opposite. Your intentions are to ridicule other people for their opposing opinions. I think I've pointed out some good examples from just your posts in the last two days.
And really, really...... The innuendo really offends you? Ok, if that offends you then I truly apologize to you!! But I'm also gonna be laughing about what I think is a grown man being offended by innuendo. And finally, told you brother, never mad! Just a friendly conversation.

Sydla

Reaction score
Those two aren't a the same league. I have zero idea if the FO goes Zeek are not. But after the investment
on the front line adding Zeek would have multi positive results. One is staying on the field. The other
is saving Romo some wear and tear.''' I hope the FO isn't becoming dogmatic in their thinking.

I hope the FO is smart enough to not take a TB at 4 when there will be players on their board just as high, if not higher, who can have a bigger impact now or possibly in the future (like a QB).

Elliott is easily becoming one of the most overrate players by Cowboys fans. It's not that he isn't talented. He is. But people are overestimating the effect one TB has on an entire team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, quite the opposite. Your intentions are to ridicule other people for their opposing opinions. I think I've pointed out some good examples from just your posts in the last two days.
And really, really...... The innuendo really offends you? Ok, if that offends you then I truly apologize to you!! But I'm also gonna be laughing about what I think is a grown man being offended by innuendo. And finally, told you brother, never mad! Just a friendly conversation.

:laugh: Now you get to speak to my intent as well.

This is supposed to be a family forum and I was speaking to that. You sure are intent on trying to make it this mano-a-mano thing. It's hilarious.

As for the last, actions speak louder than words. Spam posting to call me out speaks a lot louder than a throwaway denial.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Well he did it with Murray and he just did it with Miller. But ya, if you guys want to think Elliott is a real possibility at 4.............. have at it.

He offered Murray 6 million a year.
4X6 24 million
Zeek deal would be 25 million

rockj7

Reaction score
Money doesn't make sense for a RB that high. If someone can address that concern then I'll buy Elliott at 4.

I get that he looks like Gayle Sayers at certain points, has natural hands, and knows how to block.

I don't blame him from refraining from commenting on the QBs. Wise man.

What does the QB prospects look like next year

JDSTAR

Reaction score
:laugh: Now you get to speak to my intent as well.

This is supposed to be a family forum and I was speaking to that. You sure are intent on trying to make it this mano-a-mano thing. It's hilarious.

As for the last, actions speak louder than words. Spam posting to call me out speaks a lot louder than a throwaway denial.

No, no Mano-a-Mano thing. I made a tasteless joke to you and I apologize for that IF it offends you. But don't you find it a little silly to call people on this forum ignorant for their opinions and then be offended over what your claiming to be offended over? And what actions exactly are you talking about? Spam? No thank you, not that hungry!

waving monkey

Reaction score
I hope the FO is smart enough to not take a TB at 4 when there will be players on their board just as high, if not higher, who can have a bigger impact now or possibly in the future (like a QB).

Elliott is easily becoming one of the most overrate players by Cowboys fans. It's not that he isn't talented. He is. But people are overestimating the effect one TB has on an entire team.

Plenty of evaluators have Zeek rated a top five talent.
Saving Romo from some of the beating his taking is real

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Plenty of evaluators have Zeek rated a top five talent.
Saving Romo from some of the beating his taking is real

I think you can get comparable results from a RB picked round 3-5..Jerry got cute last year and missed out. Romo is going to get hit no matter what. It's what QB's do. Romo didn't take a beating last year. Just broke down.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He offered Murray 6 million a year.
4X6 24 million
Zeek deal would be 25 million

But the idea behind the rookie cost controls is to pay a cut rate and not the top rate. The 5th year option is cheaper than the franchise tag. I know you've listened to Stephen and Jerry talk about this.

In the NFL, where teams spend or don't spend the money is key to their decisionmaking. Drafting a RB that high is no discount at all really.

Who knows maybe they buck their recent trend and really will go for a RB but that just seems to ignore the Cowboys recent history in both action and words.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Actually Jones said they won't invest a lot of money in the TB position. You guys are just choosing to ignore it. The fact they drew the line in the sand with Murray at $12MM and wouldn't get in a bidding war for Miller who only got $14MM, it's pretty obvious what they think of investing money in that position.

But you guys can continue to trick yourselves into believing something completely opposite of what the Jones have said and done in the last 2 years.

How can I ignore a quote I haven't seen?
This isn't an "I'm right, you're wrong" with me. If you show me where Jones said this, I'll say I was wrong and thank you for providing information that makes me reconsider my earlier statement.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think you can get comparable results from a RB picked round 3-5..Jerry got cute last year and missed out. Romo is going to get hit no matter what. It's what QB's do. Romo didn't take a beating last year. Just broke down.

If this is the case, then I don't expect a team in the first round to use a pick on a running back. If one does, that will mean that they believe that running back can provide them with something backs in later rounds can't.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, no Mano-a-Mano thing. I made a tasteless joke to you and I apologize for that IF it offends you. But don't you find it a little silly to call people on this forum ignorant for their opinions and then be offended over what your claiming to be offended over? And what actions exactly are you talking about? Spam? No thank you, not that hungry!

I never claimed to be offended. We are speaking in front of an audience and this forum is what it is. You just seem mad when you do that.

Spam is like your posts 60-65 in this thread where you try to call me out for 6 straight posts.