RELEASED BTB: Brice Butler Released

John813

Reaction score
So, we keep the disgruntled Hurns over Butler.
We keep Thompson(and potentially lose the 4th round comp pick) over Butler.

Butler isn't good, but I don't see why we cut him before those two.
Hurns has a worse catch % than Dez and has talked to reporters twice about the lack of targets.
Thompson is a JAG receiver and after giving away a 1st for Cooper, an extra 4th would be nice, especially when Thompson isn't in any plans after 2019. I hope.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Hurns has a worse catch % than Dez and has talked to reporters twice about the lack of targets.
Thompson is a JAG receiver and after giving away a 1st for Cooper, an extra 4th would be nice, especially when Thompson isn't in any plans after 2019. I hope.
Man you’d crap on anything the Cowboys do. Enjoy your misery.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Well there goes our shot at the Super Bowl...:D

jrumann59

Reaction score

Thompson has only been in the league year longer than butler and they have pretty close to the same stats.

John813

Reaction score
Thompson has only been in the league year longer than butler and they have pretty close to the same stats.

Yup. Both are replaceable. My only knock on Thompson is that report that we can regain a 4th round comp pick if he's cut before week 10.

We seemed to have thought about using Butler again, hence his re-signing, but cut him before two other guys who have gone out there and have not impressed. Especially when one is going public with his pouts. Not exactly a team building decision on his part.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yup. Both are replaceable. My only knock on Thompson is that report that we can regain a 4th round comp pick if he's cut before week 10.

We seemed to have thought about using Butler again, hence his re-signing, but cut him before two other guys who have gone out there and have not impressed. Especially when one is going public with his pouts. Not exactly a team building decision on his part.

Maybe he couldn't pick up the new playbook...LOL. The signing surprised me, he was outplayed in Arizona by a rookie.

Carson

Reaction score
Never should've brought him back anyways. We are just guessing lol

Sounds like a Dallas move.

Bring back Butler to mask a problem, give him 0 PT, cut him.

Would’ve cut Thompson and his 22 snaps and got back a 4th

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
first off or should I say 100th post about Amari you realize His TEAMs leading receiver is the TE cooks at 400 yards this season..Amari has had 2 100 yard Rec games this year, 2 1000 receiving seasons, hes only 24, sure a first was reach but lets get over it hes here, just some bad ones and can we equate the lack of production to just HIM or his Team? im betting when Mack was let go some vets on that team just start trying very hard.. remember Moss in OAK seem to be playing half speed they said his career was over he wasn't trying, then he gets to NE and had some of his best years set records..Kurt Warner with the Giants horrible goes to Cardinals and has a career resurgence.. sometimes a team change can help..he obviously was hurt one game with a concussion recently..