RELEASED BTB: Brice Butler Released

Rayman70

Reaction score
Butler got hung out to dry AGAIN. He was easily more valuable than Hurns. LORD wth are they doing?!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, typically we are bashed regardless if we’re good or bad
Cooper better be the 2015 version of himself or this will be deemed a massive failure by week 3. Jerry and Stevie gonna be ran out of town on a rail or handed the nobel peace prize for this..nothin in between. ALL EYES ARE ON US NOW...Bullseye on our backs.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
All those guys are pretty much targeted more than Cooper even Thomas. He is targeted less than Zeke. His best Catch % year 2016 62.9% last year 50%

Well, we know that Edelman hasn't been. LOL Nevertheless, Cooper is a Cowboy and he's yet to drop one pass for this team. Give the kid a chance. You might be surprised.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
You guys DO follow the Dallas Cowboys, right?!? Thompson is the KR and Butler was nothing other than a spare WR. There is a reason Thompson was kept over Butler... you guys just ***** to hear your own voices sometimes...
Both are JAGS tbh.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What was signing BB about anyway? He was never given an honest opportunity to succeed this time even if he probably wasn't up to that challenge. I just don't get what this FO is doing. AC better not be a bust as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What was signing BB about anyway? He was never given an honest opportunity to succeed this time even if he probably wasn't up to that challenge. I just don't get what this FO is doing. AC better not be a bust as well.
was truly bizarre. My guess is he was reluctant to sign here unless he was reassured that he would get a role on the team. Basically, the FO seems to have lied to him or just reneged. Feel Bad for the team and the player. He was done wrong. Incompetence to the hilt on full display.Maybe we can win despite it all. GO COWBOYS!!!

jsb357

Reaction score

He turned down the Raven's offer (HUGE mistake IMO) but did Cleveland actually make him an offer?

I heard via reports on the radio he completely dissed the Cleveland FO and just wanted some
TV time on hard knocks.

So just the one documented offer.

Hardly MULTIPLE in caps offers form the post I quoted.

John813

Reaction score
He turned down the Raven's offer (HUGE mistake IMO) but did Cleveland actually make him an offer?

I heard via reports on the radio he completely dissed the Cleveland FO and just wanted some
TV time on hard knocks.

So just the one documented offer.

Hardly MULTIPLE in caps offers form the post I quoted.

FWIW from the CBS article:
this spring and did the same when the Browns reportedly offered him less than $5 million a year. There was also the matter of Bryant wanting to play for a better team, according to PFT.

So, they may of offered him a low $ deal but he declined for whatever reason.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
WOW. Two smart moves under 48 hours. I'm impressed. Make just ONE more Jerry. FIRE GARRETT & COMPANY!!!!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper better be the 2015 version of himself or this will be deemed a massive failure by week 3. Jerry and Stevie gonna be ran out of town on a rail or handed the nobel peace prize for this..nothin in between. ALL EYES ARE ON US NOW...Bullseye on our backs.
For him to be that version Dak will need to be the 2016 version.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm thinking we get a few more weeks out of Thompson than release him. No way anyone would ever trade a 4th for him so his value is in simply not being here.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Thompson has only been in the league year longer than butler and they have pretty close to the same stats.
And I think Thompson with his speed will replace Austin as our gadget guy.

So he stays or they have to throw out part of the offense if it's Butler.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Not a fan of the price, but cmon man, Dez is 30 and unsigned for a reason.

Cooper is 24 and has proven he gains separation. Not a huge fan of the trade, but IF he produces like a #1 WR, not the end of the world. Hopefully this opens things up for Cole, Zeke and Gallup.
All the Dak fanboys cried about Dez dropping passes last year, Cooper has even worse hands.