RELEASED BTB: Brice Butler Released

jsb357

Reaction score
They could still bring in Dez and release Thompson so there is that possibility....

Smith22

Reaction score
Nope.

The answer is Dez and it's always been Dez.

We got a worse WR in Cooper and it cost us a first round pick. They are morons.

Not a fan of the price, but cmon man, Dez is 30 and unsigned for a reason.

Cooper is 24 and has proven he gains separation. Not a huge fan of the trade, but IF he produces like a #1 WR, not the end of the world. Hopefully this opens things up for Cole, Zeke and Gallup.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Cooper is 24 and has proven he gains separation. Not a huge fan of the trade, but IF he produces like a #1 WR, not the end of the world. Hopefully this opens things up for Cole, Zeke and Gallup.
If you hated Dez's drops last year, man you might want to watch another team Cooper is just as bad if not worse...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The reason he is unsigned is by his own choice.

The price for Cooper absolutely ruins the deal. He will also be 14 mill a year and we can’t spend money on a position we don’t know how to use.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The reason he is unsigned is by his own choice.

The price for Cooper absolutely ruins the deal. He will also be 14 mill a year and we can’t spend money on a position we don’t know how to use.
Dez's replacements costing $26 million next year...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So, we keep the disgruntled Hurns over Butler.
We keep Thompson(and potentially lose the 4th round comp pick) over Butler.

Butler isn't good, but I don't see why we cut him before those two.
Hurns has a worse catch % than Dez and has talked to reporters twice about the lack of targets.
Thompson is a JAG receiver and after giving away a 1st for Cooper, an extra 4th would be nice, especially when Thompson isn't in any plans after 2019. I hope.

Hurns is the type that will tell cooper how ****** the coaching and QB is and that he(cooper) really doesnt want to be here.

Bad influence.

John813

Reaction score
Hurns is the type that will tell cooper how ****** the coaching and QB is and that he(cooper) really doesnt want to be here.

Bad influence.

I know he signed here to hopefully get a bigger contract in a year or two, but he's gone full mercenary, while not playing well on the field with his targets.

His money is already guaranteed, but thought he could of been cut just to get rid of his mouth.

Smith22

Reaction score
It’s a fact though. You don’t agree on facts?
Please. I'm sure all NFL teams will just be jumping to sign him next year at age 31, an entire year removed from playing professional football. Good game plan by Dez, looks great on the resume.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Please. I'm sure all NFL teams will just be jumping to sign him next year at age 31, an entire year removed from playing professional football. Good game plan by Dez, looks great on the resume.

You’re changing the conversation.

Fact.. Dez has multiple offers THIS YEAR to play football and he turned them down.

John813

Reaction score

Fact.. Dez has multiple offers THIS YEAR to play football and he turned them down.

I think the only places he would of signed would of been the NFCE foes, only to regret it once he calmed down.

Smith22

Reaction score

2 offers, and the offers continue to go down in value $7 mil, $5 mil and now ZERO offers. He isn't coming back to Dallas, and at this point, he will be lucky to be back in the NFL.

Einstein

Reaction score
You guys DO follow the Dallas Cowboys, right?!? Thompson is the KR and Butler was nothing other than a spare WR. There is a reason Thompson was kept over Butler... you guys just ***** to hear your own voices sometimes...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You guys DO follow the Dallas Cowboys, right?!? Thompson is the KR and Butler was nothing other than a spare WR. There is a reason Thompson was kept over Butler... you guys just ***** to hear your own voices sometimes...

I understand that, but I still like the idea of getting back an extra 4th rounder. Just my take on that. Plus, I'd be interested to see how Jourdan Lewis would fair on KRs.