News: BTB: Dak Was Never the Problem, It Was the Receivers. Here’s the Proof

jrumann59

Reaction score
Remember the other 5 ints simple cause the receivers couldn't catch and it came out of their hands? No one on here says he doesn't make bad throws. But show me a QB that doesn't. As far as his receiver stopping, diving, or contorting....you don't know what he sees. Some of those throws could be the best placement of the ball. If you haven't played the position, you're just talking. He's fine.
Oh come on one throw less than 10 yards to his left and he overshoots by a full 3 feet. Yes a pass here or there no problem. How bout those passes in the endzone to Dez when he was trying to get eh record every one of them off target some to the point you almost think he was throwing it away. Most of his receivers last year had some of the worst YAC numbers of their careers. Dak needs to work on his mechanics or its more of the same this year.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Oh come on one throw less than 10 yards to his left and he overshoots by a full 3 feet. Yes a pass here or there no problem. How bout those passes in the endzone to Dez when he was trying to get eh record every one of them off target some to the point you almost think he was throwing it away. Most of his receivers last year had some of the worst YAC numbers of their careers. Dak needs to work on his mechanics or its more of the same this year.
It happens. You base his WHOLE 2 YEARS on an over thrown screen pass? Come on. Every QB has done it. As far as our receivers.....we also had some of the worst receivers in the league. They couldn't separated worth a damn. And Dak still had a descent year. Dak needs to improve on a few things. Some of you have no clue what QB mechanics are supposed to look like or should be. Dak is accurate....just not consistly. He'll be fine.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It happens. You base his WHOLE 2 YEARS on an over thrown screen pass? Come on. Every QB has done it. As far as our receivers.....we also had some of the worst receivers in the league. They couldn't separated worth a damn. And Dak still had a descent year. Dak needs to improve on a few things. Some of you have no clue what QB mechanics are supposed to look like or should be. Dak is accurate....just not consistly. He'll be fine.
No just an example. Last year his mechanics stunk he was not on time and as accurate in 2016. I do not put stock in the under pressure argument because his accuracy and "on time-ness" was not great before the ATL game. Now I am not an All-22 junky but I did have the privilege of watching all but 1 game last year his inability to get the ball to his receivers on the move is what caused this offense to struggle. He was tick slow to get it to guys and he would not have it on the guy but somewhere around them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree, but about 5 of Daks ints were on the receivers because they couldn't catch. QBs take a minute to perfect that position. You have some who may learn faster than others and some not so fast. Dak is progressing very well. He just set the bar so high for himself with that sensational rookie season, that his second year looked bad when really it looked pretty descent.

I fully agree. Coming off a rookie season that was really great by any standard he fell of some this past season. Some of his own doing and some not of his doing. However he has not looked for scape goats, he knows what he must work on and improve on as a QB. Romo always talked of working and improving through out his entire career, there will always be things you will look at to improve on. Garrett also was quick to say after the season that Dak needed to improve

“He has done a lot of really good things, but he could improve in every aspect of his game – his understanding of what we’re doing, his understanding of what the defense is doing, and how they fit together. Physically, he can get better, the way he gets away from the center, his mechanics in the (shotgun), his decisiveness, his decision-making, all of those things can get better and they will get better.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...scott-dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett/383183002/

He clearly will enter this season with a lot of pressure on him, he will not have Dez or Witten and will need to establish a feel for some new WR's vet and rookies alike and win. I fully support the kid and believe he can but it is on him to make it happen.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No I'm the Michael Jordon of my "field".
I'm sure you're the greatest of all time and that's why you spend your waking hours curious as t another grown man you dont know and will likely ever meet.

Checks out.

Dre11

Reaction score
By that token you can say just because you believe it, doesn’t make it true. You probably liked unicorns back in the day too. Going to block you now because I find you beyond irritating.

Great, I find you sick.:thumbup:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
A 30 year old WR would not turn down 3-years, 21M. His agent is claiming he turned that down because he wants a 1-year contract. Any team that offered a 3 year contract would be fine changing it to 1 year.

HAha. The Cowboys cut Dez. I called it and people said it would never happen.

I told people about Dez but many didn't believe until they saw All or Nothing.

Did I say HAha.

Way to come off like the biggest D-bag X

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Thanks.

You should be mad at Dez, not me. He is the one that let the team down.

I don’t care about Dez. You’re post was look at me I know more. Pretty sad dude because you can make some really good points.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a long time. The Dak haters are just irrational.

Exactly. He has played 2 years in this league and 75-80% of it has been really good. He had one little bad stretch and everyone acted like he is some bum and one of the worst QBs in the league. To the point where people want to put that spare Cooper Rush in. I don't get it. Yet, Romo still has excuses made to this day about him.

Dak was not only a rookie of the year but was up for the NFL MVP. After beating KC last season, Dallas was playing some of the best ball in the league and were riding high. Offense was clicking on all cylinders and we were going to be a force. But the Zeke suspension happened and this terrible coaching staff gave our QB no support system at all. Especially the Falcons game. WRs didn't step up to help either.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m Taking L’s left and right I guess.

Btw is “a lot” champ. No charge for the lesson.
Thank you. Just as you are not above correction, I'm not above correction either, but it appears I'm just more mature about accepting it. Have another L, chump.

cmoney23

Reaction score
How do you know he's not watching film? We had receivers that couldn't separate at all. Hence the reason he threw in tight windows a lot. He missed a couple throws...no different than any other QB. Let him learn....he'll be ok. He's just a 2nd year QB.
Didn't say he didn't watch film.

But I think not having Romo's brain in the film room with him, hurt him Romo was a very smart vet, who was very good pre-snap. Losing Romo in that QB room hurt Dak's ability to learn.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Exactly. He has played 2 years in this league and 75-80% of it has been really good. He had one little bad stretch and everyone acted like he is some bum and one of the worst QBs in the league. To the point where people want to put that spare Cooper Rush in. I don't get it. Yet, Romo still has excuses made to this day about him.

Dak was not only a rookie of the year but was up for the NFL MVP. After beating KC last season, Dallas was playing some of the best ball in the league and were riding high. Offense was clicking on all cylinders and we were going to be a force. But the Zeke suspension happened and this terrible coaching staff gave our QB no support system at all. Especially the Falcons game. WRs didn't step up to help either.
“One little bad stretch” = half a season as a bottom 5 QB. You can always count on the Blackspider troll for hilarity...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don’t care about Dez. You’re post was look at me I know more. Pretty sad dude because you can make some really good points.
He used to be a good poster.

Past tense.

Even his gametape analysis has gotten lazy.

"I studied 3 games of player X. I watched just the first half of games. Here are definitive results of said player's ability. I will not entertain disagreement."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Haha you’re silly. I get the last word
Now you want to debate who gets the last word? You got your butt handed to you in this conversation but if you think it gives you some sort of moral victory to have that last word then sure, go for it. Just don't start up the debate again because I have plenty more cans of whoopass for you if you do.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ughh. I'm going to say this one last time. Dez thought he could live off pure talent alone forever. He never cared to learn the whole playbook, never cared to work on his route running & Romo made him better. Once Romo left, he should've worked harder to help out the new QB.

"Just throw it to me and I'll go up and get it! If you can't manage to find me somewhere out there, I'm going to throw a hissy fit on the sideline."

Now can we all shut up about Dez?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ughh. I'm going to say this one last time. Dez thought he could live off pure talent alone forever. He never cared to learn the whole playbook, never cared to work on his route running & Romo made him better. Once Romo left, he should've worked harder to help out the new QB.

"Just throw it to me and I'll go up and get it! If you can't manage to find me somewhere out there, I'm going to throw a hissy fit on the sideline."

Now can we all shut up about Dez?

Yes please

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Regardless of how blameless blogging the boys wants to hold Dak to, he clearly does have to improve.

Dak made mistakes last year, I think we all would agree with that statement. Ergo, he needs to improve.

LOL......so a 2nd year QB needs to improve? Genius stuff there.