News: BTB: Dak Was Never the Problem, It Was the Receivers. Here’s the Proof

starcity214

Reaction score
They are indeed. My thing is we gave Romo 8 years to win a SB. He tried. I'm sure the delirious will say he didn't because he didn't have great teams and you can't just blame the QB. Then turn around out of the other side of their mouth and blame Dak for 9-7. How delirious is that?

Romo was a top 10 (top 5 in some) QB for all of his career and his defenses were usually bottom third and he had the worst defense in team history..

With Dak we had the 26th ranked passing game and a top 10 defense and he got us to *9-7.

School

Reaction score
Usually it is the QB who stands up and takes responsibility for the failure of the offense. Only on the Zone and with their pet QB does the QB take no responsibility and its the fault of everyone else around him.

Embarrassing.

Blaming a qb for the failure of the offense without taking into account other factors is just as bad an idea as believing the qb should take no responsibility.

Should Dak shoulder some of the blame for the offense's struggles? Of course.

Is Dak is as bad or inaccurate as some would lead you to believe? Probably not, and advanced stats support that notion.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Dez had 12 drops with only 50% catch rate and was targeted 132 times. Think about what this is truly showing. 12 out of 132 is only 9%. So if he only dropped 9% and the catch rate was 50% then there were a lot of uncatchable balls thrown his way that count as targets... 41% of them

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually it is the QB who stands up and takes responsibility for the failure of the offense. Only on the Zone and with their pet QB does the QB take no responsibility and its the fault of everyone else around him.

Embarrassing.

The Cowboys and the rest of the NFL have spoken.

Their actions say Dez is worthless.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Watch the video on YouTube.

Not going to Post the link. We’ve all watched it by now.

Dak has issues.

Hopefully they cleaned up his tech problems and we are good.

If not, then we know why Mike White was drafted.

Copy!:thumbup:
,,, it's not uncommon for bigD to late draft/ draw in QB talent annually,,,#4's a smart heads up kinda hard working guy,barring injury, it would take a complete meltdown akin to not knowing his left from his right anymore to seeing him being replaced this season,,, although,,,:huh:,,, the rolling with the cash flow complacency of this franchise does appear to have been pushed towards the back of the stove to simmer,while their cooking up sometime different on that main burner,,,, this'll be high-water mark for this franchises current command history,,, this season:)

* I'm thinking we'll all know by game #3 of this season what is being implementedo_O

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dont worry it doesnt matter what anyone thinks, were gonna find out this year if Dak is the future or not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
How dare you state that Dak has issues!!!
He is Tom Brady,Rodgers,Rivers all rolled up in suburb QB called DAK!
The great arm accuracy,the great pocket awareness,the ultimate timing of his passes, and lets not forget his amazing footwork back there in the pocket simply the best we've ever seen!!

Dak might not be able to beat old man Carr at a accuracy contest but baby the dude can turn it on when it comes to kicking FG all game long oh mama Superbowl here we come!!!!
The funny thing is a lot of people in the forum think Eli Manning was awful and is basically done as a QB. But his stats and Daks are right there together.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Accuracy can improve with mechanics. If Dak can improve his footwork, throwing mechanics and timing, he could be as accurate as anybody.
Sure can. Throwing mechanics start with footwork. It doesn't mean he doesn't need consistent protection and talent around him, but he can clean up things he has control over.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Cowboys and the rest of the NFL have spoken.

Their actions say Dez is worthless.
Thid was not a Dez comment. And Dez has trained nfl offers. I don't thinkyou understand what the word "worthless" means.

Your ignorance astounds.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thid was not a Dez comment. And Dez has trained nfl offers. I don't thinkyou understand what the word "worthless" means.

Your ignorance astounds.
A 30 year old WR would not turn down 3-years, 21M. His agent is claiming he turned that down because he wants a 1-year contract. Any team that offered a 3 year contract would be fine changing it to 1 year.

HAha. The Cowboys cut Dez. I called it and people said it would never happen.

I told people about Dez but many didn't believe until they saw All or Nothing.

Did I say HAha.

Jenky

Reaction score
I haven’t written a post in a while, but seeing comments that continue to reflect ignorance about Dak Prescott’s performance the past two years has spurred me into action.

I humbly ask that people read the whole article and digest it before sticking with their anti-Dak beliefs.

A few inconvenient facts for those that believe Dak isn’t a franchise QB.

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE

Rookie year: 67.8

Year two: 62.9

It fell off a bit with more pressure and sacks given up by the offensive line and the absence of Zeke for six games, combined with some pretty horrendous game planning by coaches. Also, the fact that Dez was no longer a true number one receiver was a massive problem, because he was still demanding excessive targets and getting them.

That second year percentage for Dak was still better than Carson Wentz or Jared Goff.

YARDS PER COMPLETION

If you believe Dak is only good for short passes, your beliefs are wrong. Sorry, but the facts clearly blow up that myth.

COMPLETED AIR YARDS

Rookie year: 7.5

Second year: 6.6

His rookie year, Dak had an average completion percentage through the air that was higher than Tom Brady, Carson Wentz or Drew Brees.

As everyone knows, the offensive line had protection issues in 2017. Dak had less time to throw. Zeke was gone for six games.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...problem-it-was-the-receivers-here-s-the-proof

I find it hard to believe since he did well with the same set of receivers the year prior. We will see this year who the problem really is.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo changed virtually every play at the line of scrimmage in some fashion.

He changed protections. He moved receivers around. He changed routes. He changed from run to pass and vice versa. Every play pretty much.

Dak tries to do this, but he needs to stop. He's not ready for that. He's the reason last year we didn't run Zeke at the 1-yard line on consecutive plays (against Seattle, I think) because he was reading RPO, when he should have just handed to Zeke.

Exactly, from the first game in 2017 you could see Dak trying to do it. He was thinking too much and not just playing the game. You have to get to the place where you know and don't doubt yourself. He is not close to that yet.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
A 30 year old WR would not turn down 3-years, 21M. His agent is claiming he turned that down because he wants a 1-year contract. Any team that offered a 3 year contract would be fine changing it to 1 year.

HAha. The Cowboys cut Dez. I called it and people said it would never happen.

I told people about Dez but many didn't believe until they saw All or Nothing.

Did I say HAha.
You're so obsessed with Dez you turned a comment about Dak into a tirade about Dez.

It sounds exhausting being you. Fixated on grown men you dont know who have achieved a level of success in their field you probably can only dream of in yours.

Its unhealthy behavior X.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're so obsessed with Dez you turned a comment about Dak into a tirade about Dez.

It sounds exhausting being you. Fixated on grown men you dont know who have achieved a level of success in their field you probably can only dream of in yours.

Its unhealthy behavior X.

No I'm the Michael Jordon of my "field".

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I don't see Dak as the problem for the Cowboys, I also do not see him as a finished product. I think there is so much more Dak can learn just as most QB do. Romo talked about constantly learning as a QB year in and year out. Dak made more mistakes in year 2 namely turnovers. He went from 4 ints in 2016 to 13 ints last season and that is something Dak will have to correct. I love having Dak at QB but there is still much room for development
I agree, but about 5 of Daks ints were on the receivers because they couldn't catch. QBs take a minute to perfect that position. You have some who may learn faster than others and some not so fast. Dak is progressing very well. He just set the bar so high for himself with that sensational rookie season, that his second year looked bad when really it looked pretty descent.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
IMO Dak needs to improve timing and quicken the way he processes information.

Last year he seemed to sit at the top of his drop and wait (not throw on time) and then either force something or check down.

He can throw the ball with the best of them. But he needs to learn how to watch film, without Romo, and take what he watched and translate it to the field!
How do you know he's not watching film? We had receivers that couldn't separate at all. Hence the reason he threw in tight windows a lot. He missed a couple throws...no different than any other QB. Let him learn....he'll be ok. He's just a 2nd year QB.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Except he was late to all of his receivers or flat out missed them being open. Throwing to the outside receivers is going to be less comp % wise than throwing to Beasley or Witten at 7 yards. Where you see his struggles is when he throws and his receiver has to stop, dive or contort to catch balls because the ball is not at the spot its supposed to be gameplan wise. Remember the pick 6 on a pass to RB he throw 3 feet over his head feeling a rush that really was not there and the outside DB not even covering the RB intercepts and returns. If you are erratic short you are going to be erratic long.
Remember the other 5 ints simple cause the receivers couldn't catch and it came out of their hands? No one on here says he doesn't make bad throws. But show me a QB that doesn't. As far as his receiver stopping, diving, or contorting....you don't know what he sees. Some of those throws could be the best placement of the ball. If you haven't played the position, you're just talking. He's fine.