News: BTB: Dallas is hoping Dante Fowler will be Dan Quinn’s next reclamation project

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't want Keanu Neal back and he signed a vet minimum contract with TB who has him as the backup SS right now.
Didn't he play some hybrid linebacker as well?
I had not heard the boys did not want him back.
I thought TB outbid the Cowboys for him.
Where did you get your info?
Thanks....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We hoped Quinn could turn garbage into diamonds last year. He kinda did. That's not a good thing when Daddy & Son are in charge. Bargain bin players are the way to go, just let Quinn do his thing. But Jerry has always loved bargain players, so whatever. The goal is only to win (or be competitive) in the NFC East anyway.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Didn't he play some hybrid linebacker as well?
I had not heard the boys did not want him back.
I thought TB outbid the Cowboys for him.
Where did you get your info?
Thanks....
He played LB for Cowboys, but was a huge disappointment last year. He had to settle for vet minimum with TB (1 yr 1.272 million) and is going back to SS where he's currently listed as their backup SS. He isn't even guaranteed to make the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a jag, expect a jag performance. George selvie

How so?

His stats and career have been far better than Gregory, and he is more reliable as to not missing time.
Maybe he faded out, who knows, but he can contribute at least what Gregory did, or didn't do.

jwitten82

Reaction score
How so?

His stats and career have been far better than Gregory, and he is more reliable as to not missing time.
Maybe he faded out, who knows, but he can contribute at least what Gregory did, or didn't do.
Besides his 11.5 sack season, he's averaged 4 sacks a season. Gregory was a jag too, a jagoff also.... replacing his production won't be hard, hell Armstrong can do it, if the point is to replace is to replace Gregory production, then the bar isn't set high.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Besides his 11.5 sack season, he's averaged 4 sacks a season. Gregory was a jag too, a jagoff also.... replacing his production won't be hard, hell Armstrong can do it, if the point is to replace is to replace Gregory production, then the bar isn't set high.

If Armstrong can replace his production, and if Fowler can replace his production. Then Sam Williams production is cream on top.
Yes, I know it doesn't work that way. But with all 3 I bet they can have at least 10 sacks combined. But can they get 30 QB pressures.

If so, then that cost is half of what Gregory cost (for 1 season), we get all for 17 games plus, no mental mistakes in the playoffs (hopefully). And we get the upside of Williams for the next 3 years after on a rookie contract.

And yes I did look at his stats before I posted my earlier post.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Didn't Quinn coach him once before?
Yes he has, I could've sworn some posters said he coached Fowler when Fowler had his 11.5 sack season, but that's not true, Fowler was with the the Rams. Quinn coached him in Atlanta, where he started 13 games and had 3 sacks for the season.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Fowler has 19 sacks, I will gladly wish him luck with his next team as his one year here will have paid off handsomely.
And we should get a good comp pick out of it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like Quinn. Really. But I'm not seeing how he revived Randy Gregory's career. Gregory never played a full season. He didn't in his last season with the Cowboys. His output was typical of a defensive end who played half a season. Besides, we all knew RG had mad talent. He just needed to be on the field.

As for Quinn, his knock wasn't his pass-rushing skills but his run-stopping abilities. He didn't improve in those while in Dallas.

So exactly why are these two some indication that Quinn has resurrected defensive players' careers? :huh:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He played LB for Cowboys, but was a huge disappointment last year. He had to settle for vet minimum with TB (1 yr 1.272 million) and is going back to SS where he's currently listed as their backup SS. He isn't even guaranteed to make the team.
WOW, thanks for setting me straight on that one.
Don't feel so bad to lose the player now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Fowler has had much better seasons than RG, lets hope he gets back to what his potential is. I dont think RG was bad but man his myth has taken on a Zues like stature since he left.
RG was a solid, not great player...
Hope Fowler can replace him, if so, kudos to the front office.