News: BTB: How The Cowboys Can Blow Up The Roster And Start From The Bottom

Wood

Reaction score
I think fan base would actually be excited again if this plan actually went down.

RS12

Reaction score
If this season ends badly and JFB slides in the draft, Jerry will draft Romo's replacement. Count on it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice plan, few of the keepers are questionable. But, the chances of Jerry and Stephen pulling this off is nil to none. I would rather take my chances giving a habitual gambler $500 with his promise to return it in three days.

Titleist

Reaction score
I think fan base would actually be excited again if this plan actually went down.

Yes, definitely real fans like many of us on CZ, but what about the average Joe who can't name a defensive player other than DeMarcus Ware or Sean Lee? Unfortunately, there are much more of these "fans" and they probably won't be spending more $$$ if many of the "star" players are cut. I think Jerry realizes this and will never implement such a plan because he does not want his revenue to drop.

cml750

Reaction score
Yes, definitely real fans like many of us on CZ, but what about the average Joe who can't name a defensive player other than DeMarcus Ware or Sean Lee? Unfortunately, there are much more of these "fans" and they probably won't be spending more $$$ if many of the "star" players are cut. I think Jerry realizes this and will never implement such a plan because he does not want his revenue to drop.

I quit spending money on the team years ago. I have not a penny since the 2008 (44-6) butt whipping that the Eagles gave us when I realized Wade Phillips sucked. Every fan needs to quit buying tickets and Cowboys gear to send a message to Jerry. I know my little bit is not hurting him but if half the fans quit spending money he would get the message and hopefully hire a real coach. A real coach might even have a chance to do something with this team before rebuilding. We have tons of talent on offense and really only have a glaring hole on the defensive line. Draft a defensive tackle or two and hire real coach and we might be able to do something next year.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
A pretty good plan. My only reservation is that I don't think it's going to be easy to find a replacement for Romo. The success of the entire plan rests on that happening quickly.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We discussed this yesterday.
Ultimately only way this works if you could move Romo as well and you can't because he has so much guaranteed money still owed.

So it a cool look at things but a not ever gonna happen look.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I quit spending money on the team years ago. I have not a penny since the 2008 (44-6) butt whipping that the Eagles gave us when I realized Wade Phillips sucked. Every fan needs to quit buying tickets and Cowboys gear to send a message to Jerry. I know my little bit is not hurting him but if half the fans quit spending money he would get the message and hopefully hire a real coach. A real coach might even have a chance to do something with this team before rebuilding. We have tons of talent on offense and really only have a glaring hole on the defensive line. Draft a defensive tackle or two and hire real coach and we might be able to do something next year.

If you pay for cable then you are very wrong.

The Cowboys are being paid both directly and indirectly for clicks you make and games you watch.

The fact you are on these forums discussing the Cowboys makes them money.

Nexx

Reaction score
I don't understand how Bruce Carter is a core player.

And I'm scared of the contract Jerry will give Dez. It's not going to be worth it.

he's cheap, young and has upside

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything.

I would probably take it one step further and try to trade Carter. He's only got one year left on his contract, and if he doesn't turn it around we'll lose him for nothing (ex: why resign a nobody?).

But he's attractive trade bait because he's young, has upside, could be great in the right scheme. Maybe could get a 4th or 5th rounder for him before the 2014 draft.

More picks to build up those trenches, or gain leverage to trade up a few spots?

Nation

Reaction score
If you're really being this aggressive you might as well trade Dez for a 2014 1st plus an additional pick.

theSHOW

Reaction score
If you pay for cable then you are very wrong.

The Cowboys are being paid both directly and indirectly for clicks you make and games you watch.

The fact you are on these forums discussing the Cowboys makes them money.

exactly, but they do not comprehend this. I read a post by some of the nitwits bashing jerry and then look at who posted and just understand they do not understand. They mean well and want to be right and will argue all day that they buy nothing. "We all understand the GM stays.....well most of us.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would probably take it one step further and try to trade Carter. He's only got one year left on his contract, and if he doesn't turn it around we'll lose him for nothing (ex: why resign a nobody?).

But he's attractive trade bait because he's young, has upside, could be great in the right scheme. Maybe could get a 4th or 5th rounder for him before the 2014 draft.

More picks to build up those trenches, or gain leverage to trade up a few spots?

I think Carter has damaged his reputation severely this season to the point I strongly doubt we could get more than a late round choice for him.

No team is going to want to trade much for a quitter.