News: BTB: Jerry Jones should just put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor and end the drama

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is there any inclusion with her or are doors possibly still open. *(court ordered?)

First off, who cares...I'm not his Father nor he in my Family. Maybe you should now specify what punishment or expelling him from the kingdom now. How many wives and children did Solomon have for starters!

My comment was on practices of corporations...they are still in Texas.

Oh, and Pecos Bill, wrestled any twisters recently...

Created by journalists, primarily Edward O’Reilly in Century magazine, the Pecos Bill character was based on little authentic oral tradition and no historical prototype. He is said to have been born in Texas about 1832 and raised by coyotes after his parents lost him near the Pecos River. As a man he rode a mountain lion and used a rattlesnake as a lasso, besting the toughest of cowboys. He died, according to one tradition, after washing down a meal of barbed wire with a drink of nitroglycerin. Although Pecos Bill stories were read primarily by nonfrontier Americans, they were adopted by cowboys of Australia and the Argentine.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/cowboy
You didn’t specify which secrets Jethro had been keeping. Can’t think of one bigger than an illegitimate daughter.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It would be hard to make this point stick, the problem is Jerry has more of everything over Jimmy... more power over many more men, more trophies, more status..literally more everything than Jimmy... I dont disagree with the pettiness aspect but I dont think its jealousy as much as a pure power move to remind Jimmy that he is still in control of everything Jimmy/Cowboys related...I find it hard to fathem Jerry finds jealousy anywhere to be honest.
Jerry might have more power but Jimmy will always be beloved by the people. IMHO that has more value than all of Jerrys dirty dollar bills combined. My friends and other Cowboy fans I know all consider Jerry to be an all time hero. He will be remembered forever as a great dude and an amazing coach. Jerry will always be remembered as a low life scum bag Owner who spent most of his time drinking and messing around with young girls. He can have all the so called "power" that he wants but he has no power over me or people like me and we know who is the real hero and who is the zero.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry might have more power but Jimmy will always be beloved by the people. IMHO that has more value than all of Jerrys dirty dollar bills combined. My friends and other Cowboy fans I know all consider Jerry to be an all time hero. He will be remembered forever as a great dude and an amazing coach. Jerry will always be remembered as a low life scum bag Owner who spent most of his time drinking and messing around with young girls. He can have all the so called "power" that he wants but he has no power over me or people like me and we know who is the real hero and who is the zero.
No doubt, Jimmy is beloved by fans, JJ is also beloved by some and the pettyness of not putting Jimmy in is clear to most... I just dont think its jealous as much as Jerry flexing his power over Jimmy when it comes to the Cowboys, or really anyone in the organization who has ever publicly gone at him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL! This thread is something else.

Jerry Jones has absolute control over the Ring of Honor process. He was Jimmy Johnson's employer also.

Jones is not required to induct Johnson into the Ring. He is allowed to be offended by how Johnson 'did him wrong'. Jones is human after all.

Okay.

Why should it be considered acceptable for Jones to make a farce of a franchise tradition that preceded his purchase?

Why should it be considered reasonable for Jones to blatantly LIE about finally inducting Johnson?

Lastly, why is it considered normal human behavior for any employer to hold a petty grudge (accurate term) against a former employee for 29 years? And counting?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It blows my mind that currently, the only Cowboys HOF member who is not in the ROH is Jimmy. Non-HOFers Don Perkins and Don Meredith are in…but not Jimmy. Perkins and Meredith belong for sure, but Jimmy being snubbed?

It’s not only embarrassing, it’s enlightening. Not being able to put his petty grudges aside make JJ look even smaller than his playoff accomplishments the last nearly 3 decades.
Not me. Justified or not how he acted on the way out was what it was.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jerry Jones tells you all who he is over and over again, but too many people formed their Cowboys or even football worldview based on Jerry being competent, so they just refuse to accept it. They've picked their side and only seek information that supports that worldview (confirmation bias).

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes but the reason that Jerry said he would put him in but has not is because of ego. Jerry probably thought the Cowboys would have won something by now but he cant put Jimmy in until they do or it highlights who was really behind those teams.
well maybe in jerrys mind , but everyone knows who built that 90s team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To all the people in here constantly on Jimmy versus Jerry in the Ring of Honor

as much as I agree...

yes it's way past due time to put him in here.. I found this interesting story as good as Jimmy Johnson was with the Miami Hurricanes and all the time has passed which is far longer than Jimmy with the Dallas Cowboys he's just now being put in their Ring of Honor...

seriously here's the story I just happened to stumble upon.

again, it looks like sometimes this stuff just takes time I mean it could be done at any time I agree but if the Miami Hurricanes took this long to put Jimmy in their Ring of Honor then it's not as bad if you look back at the time that's passed since jimmy's left here how things went eventually I think Jimmy will definitely be in the Ring of Honor for the Dallas Cowboys.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news..._VVmjBeKpfYft4-A0XE6-cv9bEnNZBlgUye66sQ2iR6uU

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL! This thread is something else.

Jerry Jones has absolute control over the Ring of Honor process. He was Jimmy Johnson's employer also.

Jones is not required to induct Johnson into the Ring. He is allowed to be offended by how Johnson 'did him wrong'. Jones is human after all.

Okay.

Why should it be considered acceptable for Jones to make a farce of a franchise tradition that preceded his purchase?

Why should it be considered reasonable for Jones to blatantly LIE about finally inducting Johnson?

Lastly, why is it considered normal human behavior for any employer to hold a petty grudge (accurate term) against a former employee for 29 years? And counting?
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news..._VVmjBeKpfYft4-A0XE6-cv9bEnNZBlgUye66sQ2iR6uU

what was the Miami Hurricanes upset at Jimmy because it took them longer to put him in their Ring of Honor which is happening this year so you guys can keep accusing Jerry of lying but unless it never happens it's not a lie he's just going to do it whenever he feels like doing it but we'll find out sometime in the future if it never happens but right now it's not a lie he says he's going to put him in the Ring of Honor but he's going to do it whenever he feels like doing it

so unless you find me some proof that the Miami Hurricanes had a grudge against Jimmy then I'd say that they took longer I mean wasn't he one of the best coaches that Miami Hurricanes ever had won a national championship tons of players went into the NFL and yet they took longer than Jerry I'm just trying to make a point here I do agree it's past due time Jimmy gets in our Ring of Honor but the time frame and the accusation he's lying it's all false until it never happens

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Jerry wasn't completely delusional and insecure he'd be building a monument of Jimmy out front of AT&T/Jimmy Johnson stadium as he owes 100% of the credit to Jimmy for not being the least successful owner in team sports history!

offlimits

Reaction score
Jerry won't. Too much animosity over the years and egos involved. If Jimmy is still alive... Stephen will. Those two had a great relationship. I remember Jimmy was once quoted as saying that he would love to work for Stephen as a GM.