BTB: What Grade Would You Give Trysten Hill's Debut

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill should take over for Crawford, and let him develop and learn by fire. He is good enough to hold his own, and soon will be better than what Crawford ever did.
:D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
for those who watch tape, how much improvement have you seen in hill's play and technique since beginning of preseason, end of preseason?

thanks!

Thing is most that look at the tape don't know what to really look for. They can't tell what the assignment is from looking at it. And they need the coaches film, not TV views.
Also most will look at it from their objective, rather good or bad.

I won't take much from some opinions on here on this topic, because way too many already hate on the player. I am just in a wait and see mode. But will stick up for him right out just to be opposite as it gets them wired. :laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The best news came after the game in his interview. I grade him A for humility and common sense. Attitude matters. We knew he's physically freaky. Now we know he has a good attitude too. That starts to set a floor under him, and make the ceiling more likely. People should get off his back. He was always a pick for next year when we move on from Collins.
“These two weeks, I was glad I wasn’t out on the field because I needed to learn how the NFL works and learn the game a little bit more. I think I was really prepared when I came out here today and that’s what it’s all about.”​

waldoputty

Reaction score
Fact: The only reason it looked like he was so close to the QB is because he dove at him instead of playing his run assignment. He basically blocked himself. Like a clown.

Fact: That play would have gone for 6 if Darian Thompson didn’t bail everyone out by beating his block. You are celebrating a player who almost gave up a TD because he didn’t do his job. Like a clown.

fact: you rather hill stay at the LOS instead of running/diving at the qb who had the ball. the reason being he is supposed to know that it is a trap, that there is a blocker coming from the side, said blocker would get to him before he gets to the qb, so therefore he should stay home.

fact: you are assuming that 38 who was running up to fill the gap will not fill that gap in time when hill went for the sack/penetration.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Hill should take over for Crawford, and let him develop and learn by fire. He is good enough to hold his own, and soon will be better than what Crawford ever did.
:D

someone said crawford will be out for a while with the issues with the hips

waldoputty

Reaction score
Thing is most that look at the tape don't know what to really look for. They can't tell what the assignment is from looking at it. And they need the coaches film, not TV views.
Also most will look at it from their objective, rather good or bad.

I won't take much from some opinions on here on this topic, because way too many already hate on the player. I am just in a wait and see mode. But will stick up for him right out just to be opposite as it gets them wired. :laugh:

well x said he will do it after all-22 has the tape for review

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fact: The only reason it looked like he was so close to the QB is because he dove at him instead of playing his run assignment. He basically blocked himself. Like a clown.

Fact: That play would have gone for 6 if Darian Thompson didn’t bail everyone out by beating his block. You are celebrating a player who almost gave up a TD because he didn’t do his job. Like a clown.
Fact: You have no clue what you are talking about.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd jump in and out of under tackle scheme. Based on down and distance. Move 3tech straight up over guard...keeps that o.line off lb, clogs trapper, especially if can push , hold. Traps work on players that are left to penetrate or are great off the ball (d.irving). Gotta keep offense guessing , can't let them scheme a predictable technique. Will they jump to pass play, likely, that's the game within the game being played
They've played some snaps this season including in the Miami game with DTs aligned head-up on the OG. They have not really done that in the past except 3rd and short or goal line plays.

Hill was at 1-tech on the play discussed in this thread where he shot the gap down in the redzone.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looked like his college film. Quick burst, but always out of position and on the ground.
It worked in college.

It worked the 1st two years with the original coaching staff.

It worked in the AAC championship game against Memphis (Tony Pollard's team).

Memphis only scored 10 of their 41 points when Hill was on the field for those series.

The 1 TD that Memphis scored on a series when Hill was on the field was after UCF's offense had turned the ball over putting Memphis down near the redzone to start the drive.

It was uncanny how perfectly the Memphis scoring drives aligned with Hill not being on the field for those series.