Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Words of a Dak slobberer. Now your one of those Dak lives matter idiots.
I would say that it's weird that out of all the things you posted he focused on what you said about Romo - which was somewhat negative too, i.e., the "always made that critical mistake" (which I don't personally agree with) - but it seems like once Romo's name is mentioned, it becomes an automatic trigger to criticize him in reflection as the go to crutch that Dak homers have when their boy is being criticized.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I just explained the coverage on the play and what the defenders can do and did and you’re just saying it’s too complicated to explain. The only person who blitzed on the play was the LB and that left Cooks open for enough time to get the ball to him before Savage moved up. Dak didn’t see it because he was too busy staring down CeeDee the entire time. I think you’re just trying to make it seem like it takes a rocket scientist to dissect the defense to make Dak look less incompetent than he has been in such situations.
You called it simple man when it was not. That is not rocket science. That is you being wrong.

And the question is why he was staring down when he was not all season.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You called it simple man when it was not. That is not rocket science. That is you being wrong.

And the question is why he was staring down when he was not all season.
You said it wasn't simple without showing anything. I dissected the play from watching the video multiple times and explained why it wasn't so difficult to see what the defense could do. You just kept saying it was complicated but you didn't have time to explain the asserted complexities, just mentioning a blitz and something else that allegedly made it complicated.

Also, whether he wasn't staring down all season is moot and is just a deflection from what he was doing on this play. Starting QBs in the league don't stare down receivers "all season" anyway.

shabazz

Reaction score
In a year with almost no significant FA signing, numerous starters lost to other teams, lame duck HC , disgruntled players, our non-extended Qb is the last of my concerns.

2025 season and washing the slate clean can't come soon enough

Adreme

Reaction score
I never said they didn’t. But Dak was a major problem in that first hand and actually was given a chance by the defense to mount a drive and tie the game but Dak promptly threw a terrible interception deep in our own territory.

And let’s all note you STILL CANNOT admit you were wrong. It’s almost comical now.
On the 2nd drive of the game. None of that matters though. We know, because we saw the rest of the game, how the next 5 drives went for the defense (all TDs).

Dak being bad for most of a half is not a major point of concern because all 12 playoff QBs were bad for at least 1 half (in many cases in games they won). The reason some won is that their defense was not historically bad.

No team in playoff history has won when the defense gave up 6 TDs in the first 7 possessions. That should be the start and end of all analysis for that game because even if the offense was great all game, they still lose unless they do something that has never been done before which is an unreasonable standard to set.

kskboys

Reaction score
On the 2nd drive of the game. None of that matters though. We know, because we saw the rest of the game, how the next 5 drives went for the defense (all TDs).

Dak being bad for most of a half is not a major point of concern because all 12 playoff QBs were bad for at least 1 half (in many cases in games they won). The reason some won is that their defense was not historically bad.

No team in playoff history has won when the defense gave up 6 TDs in the first 7 possessions. That should be the start and end of all analysis for that game because even if the offense was great all game, they still lose unless they do something that has never been done before which is an unreasonable standard to set.
Dak and the D were both terrible. It's really no more complicated than that. THAT should be the start and end of all analysis for that game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They don't carry their teams but they can carry an offense.

Mahomes proved that last season with the worst pass dropping Corp of no- name receivers the NFL has ever seen
Take Mahomes out of the conversation , then who?

I know everyone wants to use Mahomes as their example but the rest of the league must build around someone not named Mahomes.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dak and the D were both terrible. It's really no more complicated than that. THAT should be the start and end of all analysis for that game.
No. When one unit (and I mean the entire unit) plays bad for one half and the other unit plays historically bad for an entire game, putting them on equal billing is not an honest take. The offense could have been great or awful or anywhere in between but unless it was able to be so great that it was set a new precedent then that game was over because the defense failed for the entire game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
20 years of slobbering Romo and counting. Sick. Get help.

PS: Enjoy hating watching Dak break all of Romo's remaining franchise records this year and the next!

:hammer: :laugh::lmao:
All those straw man records. LMAO!
Dak is trash! I'm gonna enjoy watching him crumble this year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Stafford was a first round QB. So was Tannehill, Goff, Wentz. Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder. Yes I agree a QB needs a team around him. Purdy is fortunate he is in a rare unique situation. The 49ers are a team that is stacked everywhere and they can do plug and play with QBs. But as we both saw last year, the 49ers great defense didn't really shut down Goff or Jordon Love like it does Dak. Dak completely shuts down for 3 quarters until the opponents defense gets a little tired and starts sitting on a lead rotating players.
Romo would keep swinging but always made that critical mistake. Romo should have been in an NFC championship on the Dez catch. Out of all those QBs mentioned above the only one I believe has a true chance at a future SB is Goff. I remember when people were saying Goff was a product of Sean McVay. I always knew that was BS. Goff also has always been a better big game QB than Dak but that's because of his pedigree.
Was Trance in that rare fortunate situation?

How did that work out for him?

Was Trance a top 5 pick?

How could Mr Irrelevant make it work if Trance could not?

Flamma

Reaction score
It's because the former (whilst having holes in their game), can be schemed around. As mentioned ad nauseam Dak's weakness is his composure (when trailing) which appears to permeate throughout the team, when your Talisman is having a 'Composure Moment'.

How do we build a Defense that's good enough to keep us in the game, whilst Dak finds himself (especially as some may argue in the 2 x SF loses, even with manageable deficits, he still comes up short ....in the biggest games)?......probably need Dak to concede on the length of contract to allow severe restructuring opportunities.
I can't disagree with this. It would take too much work. In 8 years we've come back from a 14 or more point deficit 3 times. Twice was in 2020 when we sucked. The other time was in 2016 against a 2-14 49ers team.

I responded to a post that was generalizing, for a lack of a better term. I responded in kind. If we're going to get QB specific, that's different. Dak does seem to have the problem you describe. There is no other way to look at it. We won't see any heroics from him. It seems like when the ship is sinking, he goes down with the ship.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I would say that it's weird that out of all the things you posted he focused on what you said about Romo - which was somewhat negative too, i.e., the "always made that critical mistake" (which I don't personally agree with) - but it seems like once Romo's name is mentioned, it becomes an automatic trigger to criticize him in reflection as the go to crutch that Dak homers have when their boy is being criticized.
Yeah he is searching! I've said Romo sucks before and he still doesn't get it. Gotta go back to Aikman since this team had some true pedigree.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You guys still don't get it. The play-action cost Dak the second or two needed from the snap of the football to be able to read the defense making a change at the snap of the football. Dak was forced to throw blindly based on trust that the play's design would fool the defense, which it did not. It only hurt the offense and actually helped the opposing defense. Not hard to figure out and understand.
Dak wasn't forced to do anything, he could have thrown it away.

Flamma

Reaction score
Stafford was a first round QB. So was Tannehill, Goff, Wentz. Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder. Yes I agree a QB needs a team around him. Purdy is fortunate he is in a rare unique situation. The 49ers are a team that is stacked everywhere and they can do plug and play with QBs. But as we both saw last year, the 49ers great defense didn't really shut down Goff or Jordon Love like it does Dak. Dak completely shuts down for 3 quarters until the opponents defense gets a little tired and starts sitting on a lead rotating players.
Romo would keep swinging but always made that critical mistake. Romo should of been in an NFC championship on the Dez catch. Out of all those QBs mentioned above the only one I believe has a true chance at a future SB is Goff. I remember when people were saying Goff was a product of Sean McVay. I always knew that was BS. Goff also has always been a better big game QB than Dak but that's because of his pedigree.
I agree with much of this stuff. But Purdy is no more fortunate than the rest of those QBs. They all benefitted from the same thing. I also agree on Goff. I never thought he sucked.

Dak is a special case if you want to get QB specific. He seems to crumble when the team is stressed or behind. It's not just the playoffs. If the team is playing good from the start, he plays well all game. If the team struggles from the start, he struggles all game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wrong about what? You moving the goal posts nit picking every word? GTHOH.

You said the defense never stopped the Packers. That's false. In the first half, the defense got the ball back after stopping the Packers on their 2nd drive. Dak promptly threw a bad interception giving the Packers excellent field position inside our own 20. They scored and made the game 14-0 and the rest is history.

That's not to say the defense played well. They were terrible. But trying to pretend the defense did everything wrong as a way to shift blame from Dak is just a fallacy.

Sydla

Reaction score

No one said the defense was good. They were terrible. But that doesn't change the fact the QB wasn't all that good either.

To say that no QB could have won that game is missing the freaking point. If Dak went out there and tore it up from the start of that game and lost a 49-43 barn burner, that's one thing and might make your point more palatable. But that didn't happen. Dak was dreadful in the first half and was a major factor in why the Packers built a 27-0 lead in the first half (along with the defense as a cause). You can't change that reality. You can't just say, gee, I am not going to put any blame on Dak despite the fact he played terribly, especially in the first half, because the defense also played bad. It's bizarre that people would give a player, who played poorly, a pass simply because someone(s) also played poorly.

Yes, Dak playing poorly or inconsistently in another big/playoff game is a concern. How is it not?

Sydla

Reaction score
No. When one unit (and I mean the entire unit) plays bad for one half and the other unit plays historically bad for an entire game, putting them on equal billing is not an honest take. The offense could have been great or awful or anywhere in between but unless it was able to be so great that it was set a new precedent then that game was over because the defense failed for the entire game.
I mean Dak played "well" for a half in part because the game was out of reach and the Packers were basically playing soft on defense trying to prevent any big plays and quick scores.

Only the Dak fans give him a pass because hey guys, he tore it up against soft zones and a prevent defense...........

Fact is Dak was DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE along with the defense, for that game being over when it got to 27-0. Anything after that point in the game is just stat stuffing. If that impresses you, great.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You said the defense never stopped the Packers. That's false. In the first half, the defense got the ball back after stopping the Packers on their 2nd drive. Dak promptly threw a bad interception giving the Packers excellent field position inside our own 20. They scored and made the game 14-0 and the rest is history.

That's not to say the defense played well. They were terrible. But trying to pretend the defense did everything wrong as a way to shift blame from Dak is just a fallacy.
Jeez Louise, it’s a figure of speech.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...card-playoff-score-live-updates/72196709007/#

Packers quarterback Jordan Love threw three touchdown passes and led Green Bay seven touchdown scoring drives with a near-perfect 157.2 passer rating in his first playoff game to dominate the Cowboys from start to finish with a 48-32 beatdown in Dallas.