Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Casuals? I like that. I will wish upon a star for that term to catch fire and eventually retire current labels like hater, lover, etc.

Now I shall ask Jiminy Cricket if my wish has any chance of becoming true. :D

~two seconds later~

Cricket said nope. :mad:
This was a good chuckle lol

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Because the inside corner is peeling looking for that throw. It would leave the slot wide open.

And describing a defense as simple based on what a single player did on a single play tells me I don't have the time to get you to understand.
Uh…it is simple. It’s man to man on the two receivers up top with the LB covering the third receiver (Cooks) right near the line. The LB rushes and so the safety covers Cook. There is no other option except the LB covering Cooks and the safety staying where he is. The only way there is a mismatch (more rushers than on the offensive line although you do have a running back to cover) is if both LBs rush, but the LB on the other side drops into coverage and Dak never even looks that way.

Motorola

Reaction score
It can be done but it's rare, extremely rare. And for it to work you need something else that is exceptional on your team or just a lot of good luck. Think Dilfer riding one of the game's greatest defenses to a SB or the Eagles in 2017 getting tons of breaks and Nick Foles playing like Tom Brady for 2-3 games but then being decidedly mediocre for much of his career.

People forget that the Eagles likely should not have gotten out of the wildcard round that year. They had a lot of good breaks in that Falcons game including late in the first half when Philly was trying to score before the half. Foles threw a horrendous pass that should have been picked and taken deep into Eagles territory but for some reason Keanu Neal literally "kneed" the ball from his hands and it ricocheted to Torrey Smith who then ran for like 10-15 yards setting Philly up for a long FG. That was at least a 6 point swing, if not a 10 point swing.
A late response (it's Summer)...but I recall that divisional round playoff game.
One of my best friend's daughter had her wedding ceremony during the late afternoon before that Saturday night game.
Fortunately- the event took place at a golf country club in an Atlanta suburb - where there's always a bar = tvs tuned into sports.
Recall how I was bouncing to and fro from dancing and mingling with the wedding party and guests to check in on the game's progress.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If he didn't make a few incredible throws and stayed on his feet to complete a pivotal pass play ... his career arc would have mirrored that of Rex Grossman and Jake (sic) Cutler. ;)
Or if David Tyree didn't somehow catch a pass that stuck to the side of his helmet.......

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s just the haters like your sort which is quite satisfying. Enough of the name calling. You can get benched for that.
LOL, you aren't even all that creative. You just took my line and tried to make it yours. And zrinkill nailed your silly response before you even typed it. Everyone knows your shtick at this point.

Oh and you STILL HAVEN'T addressed the fact you said something factually inaccurate.

pitt33

Reaction score
I wanted Romo gone too. This team will never win anything until it prioritizes having a top QB with pedigree.
This statement screams truth.

There is no getting around it. This team won’t sniff another championship until they get one.

pitt33

Reaction score
That's what people just don't see to understand. Dak and Romo were fools gold. Just good enough to make you believe. But not good enough to compete with the high caliber teams.
And that’s why one was an undrafted FA and numnuts was a fourth rounder.

This FO is truly nauseating when it comes to the most important position in all of professional sports.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that’s why one was an undrafted FA and numnuts was a fourth rounder.

This FO is truly nauseating when it comes to the most important position in all of professional sports.
Well he’s going to be the QB for several years :grin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL, you aren't even all that creative. You just took my line and tried to make it yours. And zrinkill nailed your silly response before you even typed it. Everyone knows your shtick at this point.

Oh and you STILL HAVEN'T addressed the fact you said something factually inaccurate.
Keep with the insults.

Sydla

Reaction score
Keep with the insults.
What insults?

zrinkill correctly called your response where you would refer to me a "hater". It's a silly response at this point because it's just a redundant comeback that you use over and over and over, especially when you get caught saying something inaccurate or incorrect. Your shtick is well known. Most people know your go to comeback always, ALWAYS involves calling someone a "hater".

And again, you still haven't addressed your factually incorrect assessment of the first half.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What insults?

zrinkill correctly called your response where you would refer to me a "hater". It's a silly response at this point because it's just a redundant comeback that you use over and over and over, especially when you get caught saying something inaccurate or incorrect. Your shtick is well known. Most people know your go to comeback always, ALWAYS involves calling someone a "hater".

And again, you still haven't addressed your factually incorrect assessment of the first half.
Cowboys defense wasn’t on the field in the 1st half of the GB game. Did you watch the game? You haters pick apart every sentence trying to find something to move the goal posts because you’re getting outed on your agenda.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What insults?

Rockport aka TAD just wants to see Dak paid. Hey Tad you and your brother Dak both suck!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Uh…it is simple. It’s man to man on the two receivers up top with the LB covering the third receiver (Cooks) right near the line. The LB rushes and so the safety covers Cook. There is no other option except the LB covering Cooks and the safety staying where he is. The only way there is a mismatch (more rushers than on the offensive line although you do have a running back to cover) is if both LBs rush, but the LB on the other side drops into coverage and Dak never even looks that way.
But it was not simple man because of the bracket and the blitz. I don't have the time to get you to understand

Sydla

Reaction score
Cowboys defense wasn’t on the field in the 1st half of the GB game. Did you watch the game? You haters pick apart every sentence trying to find something to move the goal posts because you’re getting outed on your agenda.
You said Cowboys D did not stop them at all in first half.

They did. And then Dak promptly threw a terrible interception giving the Pack excellent field position and they eventually scored making game 14-0.

It’s not about an agenda. It’s about pointing out you made a factually incorrect statement in your attempt to shift blame away from Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You said Cowboys D did not stop them at all in first half.

They did. And then Dak promptly threw a terrible interception giving the Pack excellent field position and they eventually scored making game 14-0.

It’s not about an agenda. It’s about pointing out you made a factually incorrect statement in your attempt to shift blame away from Dak.
GB owned them the entire first half. If you can’t acknowledge that, then you’ve got serious issues.