Bucs adding full-time coaching job for women

Big_D

Reaction score
I have no doubt that there are women out there who can do a better job than Jerry Jones. An NFL GM with no qualifications at all besides playing football 50 years ago. You can swap Charlotte for Jerry and get better results. Did the Cowboys hire the best person for the job? There’s a more qualified jobless GM out there being discriminated against. lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bruce Arians to add full-time coaching job for women

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...to-create-fulltime-coaching-job-for-women?cam

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: March 6, 2019 at 09:03 a.m.
  • Updated: March 6, 2019 at 05:37 p.m.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians continues his effort to employ the most diverse coaching staff in the NFL.

During the third annual Women's Careers in Football Forum at the NFL Scouting Combine last week, Arians told Melissa Jacobs of TheFootballGirl.com he plans to establish a full-time coaching position on his staff for a woman.

When you're winning as much as the Bucs you can make social justice causes a top priority.

Brax

Reaction score
Sure. Let me know when you start your petition for hairy dudes in speedos in the SI Swimsuit Issue.
your too funny, to the point Bruce Arians is a classic example of a discriminator when hiring while trying to make it sound acceptable, (Discriminate : make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age) Discrimination should never be accepted or celebrated in any form. That this story is on the NFL site and praised should be equally disturbing as it seems the NFL is ok with discrimination.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL.

No bad thing is being done to anyone just because Arians is hiring a woman. He’s the head coach of the Buccaneers. He can hire whoever he damn wants to fill out his staff.

I mean, if you don't think discriminating based on sex is bad, that's your opinion and you're free to have it. I just hope you're consistent with it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
*A world where 100 percent of NFL coaching jobs are held by men*

Bruce Arians: I’m going to give a coaching opportunity to a woman.

Multiple posters here: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MEN! NOT FAIR!

Zero logic in this argument.

If this is your stance, I hope that you would feel the same if another coach (or any employer for any position) said, "I will not hire a woman for this spot. It's for men only."

There is no issue with Arians hiring a woman. It's the making a position that is only available to women that the issue comes in at. I thought most people thought sex based discrimination is bad (when physical appearance - acting, etc. - is not a vital aspect of the position), but I guess some of you think it's good.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Zero logic in this argument.

If this is your stance, I hope that you would feel the same if another coach (or any employer for any position) said, "I will not hire a woman for this spot. It's for men only."

There is no issue with Arians hiring a woman. It's the making a position that is only available to women that the issue comes in at. I thought most people thought sex based discrimination is bad (when physical appearance - acting, etc. - is not a vital aspect of the position), but I guess some of you think it's good.
“People that give opportunities to women are the real sexists!”

-You

Kevinicus

Reaction score
“People that give opportunities to women are the real sexists!”

-You

LOL. You keep on being you with the strawmen. If you are okay with gender discrimination, good for you, but don't try and deflect and project.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
LOL. You keep on being you with the strawmen. If you are okay with gender discrimination, good for you, but don't try and deflect and project.
You keep being you with your faux concern for gender discrimination, favoring policies that will ensure men will always be “more qualified” than women due to lack of opportunity.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You keep being you with your faux concern for gender discrimination, favoring policies that will ensure men will always be “more qualified” than women due to lack of opportunity.
faux concern? I'm all about equality. I'm sorry you're not. Shame.

Which policies would that be? Is there a policy against hiring women coaches? No? Okay, thought so. Try harder next time.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
faux concern? I'm all about equality. I'm sorry you're not. Shame.

Which policies would that be? Is there a policy against hiring women coaches? No? Okay, thought so. Try harder next time.
Yet you threw a temper tantrum about hiring one woman.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yet you threw a temper tantrum about hiring one woman.
I did no such thing.

You, however, did exactly what I mentioned before by hypocritically pointing to perceived discrimination as an excuse for more discrimination.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I did no such thing.

You, however, did exactly what I mentioned before by hypocritically pointing to perceived discrimination as an excuse for more discrimination.
Sorry. 100 percent (or nearly so) of the coaching jobs are held by men currently.

Men are not discriminated against by the NFL coaching community. Any attempt to argue otherwise is absurd.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
your too funny, to the point Bruce Arians is a classic example of a discriminator when hiring while trying to make it sound acceptable, (Discriminate : make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age) Discrimination should never be accepted or celebrated in any form. That this story is on the NFL site and praised should be equally disturbing as it seems the NFL is ok with discrimination.

This might be the most boring fake-argument I've ever engaged in.

Your faux-outrage is unbecoming.

Let's be real here, you don't actually care. If it wasn't posted on the forum, you'd have never known anything about it.

I didn't see y'all yelling from the tallest tower that the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders don't hire dudes, so spare me.

SSoup

Reaction score
If they are the most qualified, good for them. If this is a PR stunt, well, the team won't have the best person for whatever position she'll be hired for. Their loss.
Eh. Football staffs are littered with guys who only got jobs because they were somebody's kid. It's not like this move is what suddenly makes the staffing process a sullied, merit-less process.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I have no doubt that there are women out there who can do a better job than Jerry Jones. An NFL GM with no qualifications at all besides playing football 50 years ago. You can swap Charlotte for Jerry and get better results. Did the Cowboys hire the best person for the job? There’s a more qualified jobless GM out there being discriminated against. lol
Child please

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sorry. 100 percent (or nearly so) of the coaching jobs are held by men currently.

Men are not discriminated against by the NFL coaching community. Any attempt to argue otherwise is absurd.

They are discriminated against for one position now. Any attempt to argue otherwise is just dishonest.