Bucs adding full-time coaching job for women

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm talking about what Arians is doing. The end goal is to have women, not to have the best people fit for the job. Sorry for any confusion, but I didn't think I had to explain.

All the male coaches who have ever stood on the sidelines, not all were great and being a man doesn't make it so. Some really stunk where I can see a smart woman doing a better job. So the best fit you talk about isn't always the best fit. Adam Gase and Ben Mcapoo only played HS football. No college at all. So a woman can't be an assistant? I think you're fooling yourself. Not when the league seen waaaaay too many crap coaches to name. That's just assuming every man can coach or every woman can't. If they're willing to put in the work, then what exactly is the problem? Assistants come and go, some are very good and some really suck!!! That won't change. I can certainly see an assistant strength and conditioning coach for example. Not like they're setting game plans and calling plays.

RamziD

Reaction score
OK, why are they wrong?

What is the definition of mandate?

1. An official order or commission to do something.
synonyms: instruction, directive, direction, decree, command, order, injunction, edict, charge, commission, bidding, warrant, ruling, ordinance, law, statute, fiat

I mean, that's what a directive is and that sounds like exactly what Arieans is doing. Question, is Arieans creating a specific position for a women or not? This sounds like a requirement to me.

So, you’re saying Arians is issuing a mandate to hire female coaches? That he’s ordering the people under his authority to hire female coaches? That’s a pretty weird way to describe creating a job for women. So anything that has a requirement is considered a mandate? Like, if you have to be 40 inches to ride a ride at Disney world it’s a mandate? That’s kind of a loose interpretation.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’m all for a woman having any job she wants as long as she is willing to work her way up. Giving her an NFL coaching job is to me a joke. Odds are she never played at any high level I’ve seen women’s pro football and know people who coached it just not the same. Creating a position is even more of a joke either you can fill one of the positions already established or you can’t. If you want women coaches start them out in scouting and let them earn their way up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All the male coaches who have ever stood on the sidelines, not all were great and being a man doesn't make it so. Some really stunk where I can see a smart woman doing a better job. So the best fit you talk about isn't always the best fit. Adam Gase and Ben Mcapoo only played HS football. No college at all. So a woman can't be an assistant? I think you're fooling yourself. Not when the league seen waaaaay too many crap coaches to name. That's just assuming every man can coach or every woman can't. If they're willing to put in the work, then what exactly is the problem? Assistants come and go, some are very good and some really suck!!! That won't change. I can certainly see an assistant strength and conditioning coach for example. Not like they're setting game plans and calling plays.

Said it waaay better than I could......:clap::clap:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Stuff you said

So then it is something the team needs. Therefore, a position they should or would have regardless. Hence, limiting it to one gender could be keeping someone of the other gender out of a job.

Thanks for playing.

Big_D

Reaction score
Said it waaay better than I could......:clap::clap:

I don't know why some are making a big deal of it. There's 25 coaches under Arians and having a woman among them is a complete non issue. Who here is concerned with every assistant in the NFL ? 1 woman among 800 coaches. More power to her.

RamziD

Reaction score
So then it is something the team needs. Therefore, a position they should or would have regardless. Hence, limiting it to one gender could be keeping someone of the other gender out of a job.

Thanks for playing.

Oh the humanity! Womenfolk invading the sanctity of the NFL. You’re pretty little head must be swimming.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Post Of The Day!

InTheZone

Reaction score
I never said all male coaches have been good or great. I never insinuated men can only be good or great at coaching. The best fit is exactly just that, the best fit. If an upcoming great female coach comes around that's fine, but to say "I want women coaches because diversity!" that leaves a lot of interpretation, such as just having a woman coach regardless of her skill. I never said women can't coach, but I think a lot of coaches start somewhere lower than the NFL.

I will never understand the mindset of "include me because different", that's all I'm saying. And judging by some of these insecure posts I'm seeing makes me question if it's even about finding new great talent. How many women coaches are even out there? And we want to balance this number in the NFL by just hiring on the spot or are we going to accept that staffs will mostly consist of men since I rarely see women coaching football at any level. I feel like some pushing women don't have the best interest of the NFL.

Jipper

Reaction score
How many women you see suiting up at training camp? Using your logic the league is discriminatory by nature.

You are incorrect and miss my point, I don't ever recall the league coming out and saying they have rosters spots only for the Male gender.....there is a big difference in closing off a gender from a role vs a gender dominating a role,

Again my question still remains how it is possible to deny one gender access to a role, isn't that the whole point of encouraging women to pursue the NFL in any capacity

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You are incorrect and miss my point, I don't ever recall the league coming out and saying they have rosters spots only for the Male gender.....there is a big difference in closing off a gender from a role vs a gender dominating a role,

Again my question still remains how it is possible to deny one gender access to a role, isn't that the whole point of encouraging women to pursue the NFL in any capacity
The league has no male only policy for players it doesn't need one. Has there ever been a time in the leagues history where women would be accepted on a playing field in the same way. Even encouraged to tryout? I highly doubt it. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with any of it mind you just that I could see why they wouldn't need an actual policy.

Now if Bruce Arians wants to discriminate that's his choice and I really don't care if women coach or in what capacity. Does it help them be a better team is the only result that matters to me. If it doesn't accomplish that then I have no use for it. I may alter my opinion after the position and details are made clear but right now it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Oh the humanity! Womenfolk invading the sanctity of the NFL. You’re pretty little head must be swimming.
Strawman alert.

Stop projecting.

Are you going with the usual line of thought?

"Discrimination is bad and these people have in the past suffered from it. Therefore, being the wise and benevolent people, we should do this bad thing to others instead."

Sorry, no.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
*A world where 100 percent of NFL coaching jobs are held by men*

Bruce Arians: I’m going to give a coaching opportunity to a woman.

Multiple posters here: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MEN! NOT FAIR!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Strawman alert.

Stop projecting.

"Discrimination is bad and these people have in the past suffered from it. Therefore, being the wise and benevolent people, we should do this bad thing to others instead."

Sorry, no.
You're about as worked up as a suffragist over this.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Strawman alert.

Stop projecting.

Sorry, no.
LOL.

No bad thing is being done to anyone just because Arians is hiring a woman. He’s the head coach of the Buccaneers. He can hire whoever he damn wants to fill out his staff.