Bucs LB: We Knew Cowboys' Offensive Plan

eromeopolk

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas — It was a night to forget for the Dallas Cowboys, and yet it's an evening they better remember for the remainder of the 2022 season. It was expected that the Dallas defense would do its best to try and bottle up the incomparable Tom Brady and, to their credit, that's exactly what they did - though it became an effort wasted by their offensive compatriots.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/bucs-lb-we-knew-cowboys-offensive-plan
Considering Elliott ran for 5 yards per carry and only had 9-10 carries, the Cowboys had no plan.

droopdog7

Reaction score
It sure looked like they knew what was coming. They were blowing up those early quick passes and reverses like crazy at the beginning of the game. Defenders were there before our guys were. Meanwhile, those same quick passes were killing us on the other side.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You carry Turpin to return kicks and punts ? No sweeps no go routes ….try to break the Bucs safeties from sleeping . Cmon KM . Please get rid of the quick horizontal pass to Lamb at line of scrimmage its a pick 6 about to happen play .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How about holding the TB to field goals, multiple times down in the red zone and goal to go. They were on the field the majority of the night while the offense was 3 and out or throwing into triple coverage. At some point they’re gonna get gassed. They held the opponent to 1 TD!! And 19 points. The loss was not on them. If it wasn’t for them the game would have been over by halftime
Sorry, I put blame where it's deserved. I'd be fine with a FG, but 19 points is 19 points. And so is 130 yards rushing.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It sure looked like they knew what was coming. They were blowing up those early quick passes and reverses like crazy. Defenders were there before our guys were. Meanwhile, those same quick passes were killing us on the other side.

The comment about abandoning the run by White was right on. Ran the ball effectively first series then moth balled it . White and the entire Tampa defense knew to ignore the run and sit on those 13 yard routes.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well...we were playing that cheater Tom Brady.

Wouldn't surprise me if his cheating ways has spread throughout that organization by now.

Probably stealing signals...or has copied the Kellen play sheet off TV someway.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The scheme is only as good as the players. The play calling is only as good as the execution. It doesn't matter what they knew.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It’s been said before like Wade and Garrett MM took the job with Jerry’s hand picked OC .

droopdog7

Reaction score
The comment about abandoning the run by White was right on. Ran the ball effectively first series then moth balled it . White and the entire Tampa defense knew to ignore the run and sit on those 13 yard routes.
I think people make too much of that abandoning the run thing because I've been hearing that line for ages, through different QB's and different coaches and hell, different the whole team. To me, that's just hindsight bs thinking.

The issue was that we were not effective passing the ball. And it wasn't because we stopped running. It was because we weren't effective passing the ball.

RonWashington

Reaction score
When the defense knows your not committed to the ground game and the routes are short to medium yes it matters . Stretch the field . The Cowboys had to respect Julio Jones getting behind coverage .

Rush finally threw a long ball and Fehoko at the five needs to catch it . You have to loosen the defense just about every other series .

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Run defense wasn't great but they were pretty much right back on the field after they forced a FG or punt

CWR

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas — It was a night to forget for the Dallas Cowboys, and yet it's an evening they better remember for the remainder of the 2022 season. It was expected that the Dallas defense would do its best to try and bottle up the incomparable Tom Brady and, to their credit, that's exactly what they did - though it became an effort wasted by their offensive compatriots.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/bucs-lb-we-knew-cowboys-offensive-plan

FIRE KM!!!! How much more does this FO need to see? This isn't fantasy football. His offense is trash.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think people make too much of that abandoning the run thing because I've been hearing that line for ages, through different QB's and different coaches and hell, different the whole team. To me, that's just hindsight bs thinking.

The issue was that we were not effective passing the ball. And it wasn't because we stopped running. It was because we weren't effective passing the ball.

The two go together . When TB lost interest in the run threat coming from Dallas the passing game looked like a convention of Tampa jerseys surrounding the receiver . They dropped so many in coverage they were bumping into each other . If nothing else get Pollard in space use 21 as a battering ram to open the pass game. Rico Dowdle is a wasted roster spot . Give me a fresh Malik Davis a series or two between the tackles.

Not encouraged by Steele at all . Let’s see the 40 yr old rental at RT next game . Stop the penalties now .