Bucs LB: We Knew Cowboys' Offensive Plan

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say so, it appears we have a brittle QB.
His bones don't seem to withstand contact very well . . .:omg:

I wonder if calcium supplements should relieve his condition.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Every team knows the other teams gameplans....that why you scout, break down film and scout your own team.....at the end if the day, talent wins.....coaching matters, but talent matters more....and that coming from an old coach.
Coaching matters, but as Jimmie Ward said after the 49ers loss (see my sig).....it looks as if teams have Dak's number ....and even gambling on him not being accurate enough.

droopdog7

Reaction score
The two go together . When TB lost interest in the run threat coming from Dallas the passing game looked like a convention of Tampa jerseys surrounding the receiver . They dropped so many in coverage they were bumping into each other . If nothing else get Pollard in space use 21 as a battering ram to open the pass game. Rico Dowdle is a wasted roster spot . Give me a fresh Malik Davis a series or two between the tackles.

Not encouraged by Steele at all . Let’s see the 40 yr old rental at RT next game . Stop the penalties now .
Sure they go together. But that doesn't mean that you can't just be bad in one phase just because you're bad in that phase. I'm looking on the outside and we have a rookie free agent starting?!? That would seem to explain things a lot more than anything.

And DID we actually abandon the run? People always say that but the numbers are skewed because we couldn't move the ball. We couldn't sustain drives. Get more first downs and I can assure you we run the ball a lot more. Or, get a lead and you'd see us run the ball more.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Only 19 points scored by the Bucs.

The Bucs only had 1 game last season with less than 19 points.

The Cowboys averaged 31 points per game on offense last season.

The defense was good enough to win this game. Fans focus on how it looks but the bottom line is points allowed and the defense did their job in that area.

It does not matter if it was all Micah or whatever. The defense was good enough.

Exactly, starting with the HC/OC/QB the offense sucked...even with the RT trying to kill drives the Oline was not that bad..the gameplan was trash and the QB and WR core didnt help it at all.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Sure they go together. But that doesn't mean that you can't just be bad in one phase just because you're bad in that phase. I'm looking on the outside and we have a rookie free agent starting?!? That would seem to explain things a lot more than anything.

And DID we actually abandon the run? People always say that but the numbers are skewed because we couldn't move the ball. We couldn't sustain drives. Get more first downs and I can assure you we run the ball a lot more. Or, get a lead and you'd see us run the ball more.

If you watch the tape after the first series running the ball was an afterthought. To me it was painful the first time around I won’t be in on the replay .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The headline says it all. The offense was too predictable which ironically is why we hired Kelen. He was supposed to make the offense less predictable.

droopdog7

Reaction score
If you watch the tape after the first series running the ball was an afterthought. To me it was painful the first time around I won’t be in on the replay .
What I saw was a terrible passing game. You think it's because we abandoned the run. I think we "abandoned" the run BECAUSE we couldn't pass the ball and sustain drives.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The book has been written on Dak and Kellen since the end of the 2019 season when they played Philly for the division and also looked lifeless on offense. Kellen is NOT a good OC - we forgot about him in 2020 after the Dak injury and then in 2021 they put up stats but we all know what happened after the Denver game exposed them.

They had 7 points after 3 quarters in the playoffs against SF too (with Amari and a healthier OL). This is nothing new

JayFord

Reaction score
Exactly, starting with the HC/OC/QB the offense sucked...even with the RT trying to kill drives the Oline was not that bad..the gameplan was trash and the QB and WR core didnt help it at all.
he wasnt trying

he did kill drives, multiple times

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What I saw was a terrible passing game. You think it's because we abandoned the run. I think we "abandoned" the run BECAUSE we couldn't pass the ball and sustain drives.
So Cowboys' biggest concern wasn't their inability stop the run? It was supposed to be biggest focus of improvement in 2022 but the Cowboys allowed Tampa's Fournette to run over them for 127 yards on 21 carries. The passing game is all on Moore. He should have been fired 2 years ago!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Run defense wasn't great but they were pretty much right back on the field after they forced a FG or punt

The DT’s held up against the run so much so TB adjusted and attacked the edge with Fournette on Dorrance Armstrongs side

JayFord

Reaction score
Every Team knows the chiefs gameplan as well

its just Reid doesn't pull out a double reverse when running up the middle is getting 5 yards a pop

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
I don't know why this is not talked about enough everybody wants to just focus on Dak and this is not me defending that because he was straight trash but Kellen Moore cannot scheme an offense to save his life he is all about scripted plays and everybody forgets he comes from the coaching tree of Scott Linehan. The same boring stale offense.

Grevus

Reaction score
This has been happening since the Garrett era. Romo was just a guy who could adlib around it and he would audible out of so many terrible Garrett calls so some of it was covered up. So many of his great plays was when the play broke down and the WRs ad libbed out of the original play.

Dallas offense does absolutely nothing to utilize their players. Get their guys running in space. All we run is outs and comebacks. And get tackled right after the catch. Go watch other teams, even the lowly teams and they get their guys running towards the endzone.[/QUOTE

Yep. And every defense we play knows it. We make it very easy for them.

CapnCook

Reaction score
No mention of the defense allowing 130 yards rushing that got them into scoring position all night?
Fair enough, but I'll reserve judgement on the run d when the offense isn't going quick 3 and outs all night.