Bum Alert: Brice Butler

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Hard to believe it with TW seeming to drop constantly, but the Cowboys had very few drops this year otherwise.

At least Butler didn't make an excuse or blame anyone else. Many players can't own up when they fail the team.

Eddie

Reaction score
Time for Butler to move on. TWill is gone too. Bye bye.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Choices have to be made. We don't bring back TW and BB, we gotta find new guys. It's likely impossible to find, in no particular order, 1) new starting WR, 2) new RT to replace Free, 3) new TE to replace Witten down the road, 4) new 3rd WR to replace BB, 5) pass rushing DE, 6) safety if we don't bring back Church, 7) new CB is we don't bring back Carr or Claiborne, 8) new back up RBs if we don't bring either guy back.

Truth is we're going to wind up keeping some of these guys. We don't have cap space to bring in many consequential FA's, and don't have any extra early round draft picks. Without the resources, they'll have to draft a few guys to fill the above, bring in a couple cheap FAs, and re-sign guys like BB, or find some other team's cast-off BB, and sign him. It's about priorities.

Were it my $$$, I'd try to find passrush and value in the draft and plug in holes around them. Unfortunately, plugging those holes is going to require the Cowboys to keep some guys like BB.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
“Everybody has to do their individual job to help the team," Butler said, via Fort Worth-Star Telegram. "I don’t really feel like that I helped. Then we lost, which makes it worse. Now I’ve got to sit and think about this for a couple months.”

Did yall read this?

Some of you need to take a break from Cowboyszone and Cowboys news for a few days. No one feels worse about that loss than the players. It's not that serious. It's over. If yall were GMs, any free agent that didn't perform up to your standards, they'd be gone. Everybody knows, you...can't...get...rid...of...everyone. He's not a #1 or #2 receiver. When he dropped that TD pass, that's about what I expect of a #4 guy. Makes some plays, botches others. Who needs to be a 3 or 4? T-Will. What we need is a reliable #2. Needs to be Dez..."a reliable 2...Bease...Williams but he'll get more money somewhere else so it could be Butler at #4. Yall be ready to cut anyone who makes a bad play. There's a lot to be said for getting experience. Cut Williams and Butler and you're likely bringing in two new inexperienced guys to replace them. Same for Carr, Mo, Church, and Wilcox.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
There is a difference in acceleration versus speed.

DMac has amazing acceleration, but zeke has better speed, for example.
Brice looks plodding to me. We may as well end the convo because nobody will convince me that scrub has speed. We may as well sign Cordarelle Patterson to replace Butler if we want a real guy with speed that sucks as a wr.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I was just reading an article about early mock drafts and they had him getting picked by the Cowboys. Nice job outta you. I just think they should move on from Lucky and Butler both.
Haven't even checked prospects yet. Just seen Switzer play the past few seasons and thought he would be a huge upgrade to our team. He has the speed to get behind the defense and make them pay. He is my number 1 guy right now

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, you guys are talking crap about the 4th WR now? Based on that article?

Let me know when we get all the way down to L. P. Ladouceur, I've got some stuff to get off my chest about him.

Reaction score
People quickly forget the amazing TD catch before half in the first Packers game, the TD catch against DET, the TD catch against SF. I don't love the guy, especially his mental errors and penalties, but #4 WRs with his size, speed, and scoring ability don't grow on trees.