Bum Alert: Brice Butler

Plumfool

Reaction score
lol, you guys are talking crap about the 4th WR now? Based on that article?

Let me know when we get all the way down to L. P. Ladouceur, I've got some stuff to get off my chest about him.

I genuinely laughed.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Haven't even checked prospects yet. Just seen Switzer play the past few seasons and thought he would be a huge upgrade to our team. He has the speed to get behind the defense and make them pay. He is my number 1 guy right now
Number 1 guy for what? Switzer is 5'9 slot receiver/return man. I'm guessing he'd replace Lucky? I'd only draft him late

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Brice looks plodding to me. We may as well end the convo because nobody will convince me that scrub has speed. We may as well sign Cordarelle Patterson to replace Butler if we want a real guy with speed that sucks as a wr.

I always thought Hester should have been here, personally.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Butler is inconsistent, he's made some very good catches and dropped several other makable catches like he did on Sunday. He puts himself in position to make a great play but can't come down with the ball most of the time. He's had a couple of catches where you go wow, but he drops a lot of balls.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Butler is a guy like most who will need to win a spot on his team every year. Very few guys are sure fire slots on a team. His chances go up or go down depending on his chemistry with Dak, is he a hard worker and his salary demands.

He, like most players, will play for a few years and then the league will replace him with someone younger/cheaper. Knowing nothing about his character, I wouldn't call him a bum. He has found a way to have a 5 year career or so (with maybe a few more years if he is lucky). I also believe he even started or completed a master program in college. Fringe player but the league is filled with them.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Not sure where he is ranked but I would take him with the 28th pick. I'm really high on him though

There will be a revolt on this board, and across Cowboy nation, if the first pick goes to the offense.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Butler made some good plays this season, but not enough to overlook his BS. He was traded for when Dez was hurt and we needed someone. This team can find someone better. Time to move on.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Great input
I took a look a cbs' rankings and they had 21 wideouts ranked ahead of him and a 4/5 Rd grade. Granted a lot can happen between now and the draft, but he'll have crack the top 7 or 8 for him to even be a consideration with our 28th pick. Also considering that he's undersized, he's a day three pick imo.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I took a look a cbs' rankings and they had 21 wideouts ranked ahead of him and a 4/5 Rd grade. Granted a lot can happen between now and the draft, but he'll have crack the top 7 or 8 for him to even be a consideration with our 28th pick. Also considering that he's undersized, he's a day three pick imo.
Never said he would go at 28 I said I would take him there.. ..Frederick wasn't thought much about either. Or Brady, Romo etc

LittleD

Reaction score
It's a shame but, Butler should definitely go. He's 6'3" but doesn't play close to his height.
He has inconsistent hands and loses concentration easily. He never uses his height or bulk
to fight for a ball or go for a high point pass. Just not worth a second contract in my view.
Let some other team pay him.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Never said he would go at 28 I said I would take him there.. ..Frederick wasn't thought much about either. Or Brady, Romo etc
Frederick was a reach, but still considered a day two pick. Brady and Romo, were picked where they should have been picked, they just outperformed where they were picked. The respective GM's would have been crucified had they been taken day one even if the GMs truly believed in their abilities, just like we would be crucified if we took Switzer with our 28th pick no matter how good they think he'll be down the road.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Frederick was a reach, but still considered a day two pick. Brady and Romo, were picked where they should have been picked, they just outperformed where they were picked. The respective GM's would have been crucified had they been taken day one even if the GMs truly believed in their abilities, just like we would be crucified if we took Switzer with our 28th pick no matter how good they think he'll be down the road.
I think he is first round talent but I agree he can be had later. By the way Steve Smith is shorter