CFZ But Dak has done all this before

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What an ignorant post. Reaks of desperation.
I never waste my time reading a post that's more than a paragraph. I just scroll down to see/read the replies (like yours) & it tells me enough lol. TY!
Jeez Louise, is it really so hard just to be happy that our team is 3 and 1and playing entertaining football?
Win or lose, Karen's are everywhere! :laugh:

Einstein

Reaction score
Will Dak take the same risks deep downfield that Rush will?

Our passing game was awful week 1 and the WRs were getting blame. The WRs look pretty good with Rush.
Are any of the D's that Rush played as good as the Bucs D in your opinion?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note.. how the fark did our FO pay 40M to a guy that can't beat two teams with a winning record in a row?!!
Last time I checked it's still a team game.

Side note: QB's get paid in this league. Next man up gets more than the last. Not exactly breaking news just the way it works.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak sucks because:

1. He is chunky and runs like a robot. A lot of the time “prime Dak” was simply getting away from defenders by his stocky body and ability to outmuscle a defender, which is a long term disaster
2. He throws with his arm and off his back foot regularly
3. He constantly pumps the ball, waiting for his WR to be wide open before he throws it
4. He can’t read a defense to save his life
5. His pocket presence goes to garbage
6. His anticipation sucks

And the list goes on and on..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak in his “slump”, per Jerry’s words, three a pick 6 against the Commanders last year, when the games still had some implications regarding playoff positioning. Plus, anybody that pays attentions knows Dak “spumping” is an annual routine of his.

Former Cowboys coach and scout Glenn "Stretch" Smith and his mentor, Joe Dickinson, who is Patriots rookie Mac Jones' personal QB coach, have noticed that Prescott is not transitioning from the instep of his right foot to the middle of his left foot properly on certain throws.

"He's not putting his back foot or great toe into the turf," Smith said. "If you get up on your front foot too early and you're not driving off your back foot, the ball sails on you."

On Prescott's first interception Sunday, the ball sailed way over the head of the intended receiver and was an easy pick.

Dickinson, a former offensive coordinator at Oklahoma, puts a big emphasis on controlling the nose of the football. Quarterbacks have to do that to hit a 15-yard dig route over a linebacker and in front of a safety. Right now, Prescott doesn't appear to have confidence in those throws.

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-is-in-a-slump-make-no-mistake-about-it

Dak is like a robot. Once you throw him off his early reads, his mechanics go to trash.

CWR

Reaction score
This is a really stupid post. I feel extra stupid for having gone through the entire thing.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s not up to task but Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and Cam Newton were? Kapernick was? All guys who made the SB.

So your response is too compare Dak to 4 guys...2 of which made it to the SB and 2 of which won the SB...lol..One guy has won league MVP and 2 of these guys won SB MVP...your laughable

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Nope. We probably would’ve lost with Rush just like we did with Dak.

The whole point is Rush gets the same results Dak would for far cheaper.

Dak PPG last year was over 30 and #1 in the leauge. He (and the team) put up 54 point last time they played Washington.

Would hardly call it the same results.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have held the belief since 2016 that Dak was the luckiest man in football. After watching so many dismiss the last 3 weeks by Rush as a 'fluke', or 'bad opposition' or 'luck'... I thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane about the times when Dak has managed to win 3 in a row.

So 2016 he gets on the 'hottest' of hot streaks. There is no denying that we were a vastly superior team to most others in 2016. We had a soft schedule and Dak made the most of weapons including the electric Zeke. 10 wins in a row 'won' him the starting spot that is seemingly now his without question for at least four more years.

In 2017 he gets 3 wins in a row twice.. the first trio coming against the hapless 49ers and Football Team plus a decent win against a building Chiefs team. The second trio was again racking up junk yards against the pathetic Skins and Giants and then a nice OT win against the Raiders (who didn't make playoffs). In fact of these 6 wins.. not one was against a playoff bound team.

In 2018 he wins 3 or more times just once in a 'nice' little 5 game streak.. capturing the huge scalps of the Eagles (sans a QB), Falcons, Football Team (sans a QB), a nice win against the Saints and then another win against the Eagles to round it out. Of that run.. Eagles make the Playoffs due to lucky Wildcard.. Saints were a decent team.

2019 he wins 3 in a row only once.. against the Giants, Football Team and Dolphins.. none of whom even sniff the playoffs.

in 2020, Dalton puts together a 3 game win streak against the Bengals, 49ers and Eagles.. none of whom make the playoffs.

In 2021, Dak reels of another nice 5 game win streak.. against the Chargers, Eagles, Panthers, Giants and Patriots. Only the Eagles and Pats make the playoffs.. both as wildcards.

So.. 7 seasons in and Dak has never won three games in a row against teams with a winning record at the time we played them. It was just interesting to see that Dak has literally made a living off beating up on a weak division. I know that it is easy to say.. well Rush only beat Giants and Commanders.. but they look much improved on the past few years. So anyone who is saying that Rush isn't the real deal because of the opposition.. has to acknowledge that by the same token.. Dak has never been the real deal. If Rush beats Rams this week.. he will have achieved something Dak has never.. a win streak of 3 or more that includes 2 out of division teams that have a winning record.

On a side note.. how the fark did our FO pay 40M to a guy that can't beat two teams with a winning record in a row?!!
I am not sure what to make of this rant...perhaps its a rant for the sake of ranting.

Proof

Reaction score
no Cowboy qb other than Rush has won their first 4 starts.... so by transitive properties....