CFZ But Dak has done all this before

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
GO BACK AND WATCH THE GAMES THIS SLAP HAS PLAYED IN, YOU'LL GET ALL THE ANSWERS YOU NEED TO KNOW.
I'm asking you a question. In the games they lost last year he had poor stats. So what losses last year did he pad his stat in? Why won't you just tell me why are you playing the "Go back and watch" game?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Speaking strictly for myself, I'm unsure, at this point, what Dak has left in the tank, in terms of his aptitude. I'm really hopeful that the physical and mental stresses that he's endured in times passed haven't robbed him of his "mojo." I'll be wishing him well in his return to action vs. the Eagles. "Balls to the Wall" for both Rush and Dak to kick butt and take names in their Cowboys exploits yet to come.

Last edited:

pete026

Reaction score
Speaking strictly for myself, I'm unsure, at this point, what Dak has left in the tank, in terms of his aptitude. I'm really hopeful that the physical and mental stresses that he's endured in times passed haven't robbed him of his "mojo." I'll be wishing him well in his return to action vs. the Eagles. "Balls to the Wall" for both Rush and Dak to kick butt and take names in their Cowboys exploits yet to come.
I am neither a Dak homer or a Dak hater. I want the Cowboys to win no matter who plays QB.

But I had concerns when the camera was on him right before the start of the Tampa game. He was twitching his ballcap around like crazy then they showed him a little later with this glassy eyed "deer in the headlights" look. It was not good! I am no "head" expert but I hope he gets his head straight IF something is going on.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I have held the belief since 2016 that Dak was the luckiest man in football. After watching so many dismiss the last 3 weeks by Rush as a 'fluke', or 'bad opposition' or 'luck'... I thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane about the times when Dak has managed to win 3 in a row.

So 2016 he gets on the 'hottest' of hot streaks. There is no denying that we were a vastly superior team to most others in 2016. We had a soft schedule and Dak made the most of weapons including the electric Zeke. 10 wins in a row 'won' him the starting spot that is seemingly now his without question for at least four more years.

In 2017 he gets 3 wins in a row twice.. the first trio coming against the hapless 49ers and Football Team plus a decent win against a building Chiefs team. The second trio was again racking up junk yards against the pathetic Skins and Giants and then a nice OT win against the Raiders (who didn't make playoffs). In fact of these 6 wins.. not one was against a playoff bound team.

In 2018 he wins 3 or more times just once in a 'nice' little 5 game streak.. capturing the huge scalps of the Eagles (sans a QB), Falcons, Football Team (sans a QB), a nice win against the Saints and then another win against the Eagles to round it out. Of that run.. Eagles make the Playoffs due to lucky Wildcard.. Saints were a decent team.

2019 he wins 3 in a row only once.. against the Giants, Football Team and Dolphins.. none of whom even sniff the playoffs.

in 2020, Dalton puts together a 3 game win streak against the Bengals, 49ers and Eagles.. none of whom make the playoffs.

In 2021, Dak reels of another nice 5 game win streak.. against the Chargers, Eagles, Panthers, Giants and Patriots. Only the Eagles and Pats make the playoffs.. both as wildcards.

So.. 7 seasons in and Dak has never won three games in a row against teams with a winning record at the time we played them. It was just interesting to see that Dak has literally made a living off beating up on a weak division. I know that it is easy to say.. well Rush only beat Giants and Commanders.. but they look much improved on the past few years. So anyone who is saying that Rush isn't the real deal because of the opposition.. has to acknowledge that by the same token.. Dak has never been the real deal. If Rush beats Rams this week.. he will have achieved something Dak has never.. a win streak of 3 or more that includes 2 out of division teams that have a winning record.

On a side note.. how the fark did our FO pay 40M to a guy that can't beat two teams with a winning record in a row?!!
I bet you didnt type "football team" lol
I cant believe the mods implemented that

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I am neither a Dak homer or a Dak hater. I want the Cowboys to win no matter who plays QB.

But I had concerns when the camera was on him right before the start of the Tampa game. He was twitching his ballcap around like crazy then they showed him a little later with this glassy eyed "deer in the headlights" look. It was not good! I am no "head" expert but I hope he gets his head straight IF something is going on.

I think there were many other fans, including myself, who took notice of that. Dak was visibly upset and had a tell-tale look of panic that was impossible to forget. Whether it was simply a loss of confidence in himself, or his OL to protect him, I wouldn't dare to say. Here's hoping his mind is how it should be in future games. For the time being, I'll just wish him well and hope to see better performance in the future. At least, the o-line has improved. Whether that's enough to change things for the better or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:

HMJYay

Reaction score
I have held the belief since 2016 that Dak was the luckiest man in football. After watching so many dismiss the last 3 weeks by Rush as a 'fluke', or 'bad opposition' or 'luck'... I thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane about the times when Dak has managed to win 3 in a row.

So 2016 he gets on the 'hottest' of hot streaks. There is no denying that we were a vastly superior team to most others in 2016. We had a soft schedule and Dak made the most of weapons including the electric Zeke. 10 wins in a row 'won' him the starting spot that is seemingly now his without question for at least four more years.

In 2017 he gets 3 wins in a row twice.. the first trio coming against the hapless 49ers and Football Team plus a decent win against a building Chiefs team. The second trio was again racking up junk yards against the pathetic Skins and Giants and then a nice OT win against the Raiders (who didn't make playoffs). In fact of these 6 wins.. not one was against a playoff bound team.

In 2018 he wins 3 or more times just once in a 'nice' little 5 game streak.. capturing the huge scalps of the Eagles (sans a QB), Falcons, Football Team (sans a QB), a nice win against the Saints and then another win against the Eagles to round it out. Of that run.. Eagles make the Playoffs due to lucky Wildcard.. Saints were a decent team.

2019 he wins 3 in a row only once.. against the Giants, Football Team and Dolphins.. none of whom even sniff the playoffs.

in 2020, Dalton puts together a 3 game win streak against the Bengals, 49ers and Eagles.. none of whom make the playoffs.

In 2021, Dak reels of another nice 5 game win streak.. against the Chargers, Eagles, Panthers, Giants and Patriots. Only the Eagles and Pats make the playoffs.. both as wildcards.

So.. 7 seasons in and Dak has never won three games in a row against teams with a winning record at the time we played them. It was just interesting to see that Dak has literally made a living off beating up on a weak division. I know that it is easy to say.. well Rush only beat Giants and Commanders.. but they look much improved on the past few years. So anyone who is saying that Rush isn't the real deal because of the opposition.. has to acknowledge that by the same token.. Dak has never been the real deal. If Rush beats Rams this week.. he will have achieved something Dak has never.. a win streak of 3 or more that includes 2 out of division teams that have a winning record.

On a side note.. how the fark did our FO pay 40M to a guy that can't beat two teams with a winning record in a row?!!

Accurate post. Dak has had issues his whole career that would have gotten most guys benched. Instead it got him a contract. I'm not saying the guy sucks, but I don't think anyone can really debate he shouldn't have been paid at this point. I've never seen a QB get more rope.

erod

Reaction score
There's a razor thin difference between Dak and Rush other than one makes $40 million and the other makes $1 million.

That's the point.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
how the fark did our FO pay 40M to a guy that can't beat two teams with a winning record in a row?

There. I took out the unnecessary parts that wasn't necessary to get the question across. This was all that was left...