Twitter: Byron Jones is the most obvious free agent to re-sign

foofighters

Reaction score

And they're going to let him walk?

We have a terrible secondary. He's the one bright spot.

Let him go, and then what?

Didn't Sherman get burned in the SB? Stat's don't be everything.

aria

Reaction score
I would lol if we got some new corner everyone was excited about and he got 5-6 six picks in his first year but gave up boat loads of TD’s and yards. Wonder what the Byron haters would say then?” But but but...he it doesn’t matter that he gave up all those yards, first downs and TD’s he had mkre picks in his first year than Byron had in his career”.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want Jones, then you get to see Cooper walk. Probably Quinn as well.

It's a numbers game and that's simply how it is. Pick your hole to fill - WR, CB or DE. You're filling two of those holes with picks somewhere along the way.
And based on this draft, the WR and DE would be easier to get and Quinn wants a payday after being the best DL on the same line with one being the highest paid.

foofighters

Reaction score
Yes, I watched him quite a bit and he's not near what he was in SEA. But there aren't a lot of great CB's in the league.
This make our defensive line even more of a priority. It's what we really should be looking at.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hate that he didn't run a 40.

You just can't risk a 1st rounder on a corner who won't run his 40 because that position is highly dependent on speed at the next level.
he'll run at his pro day.

Proof

Reaction score
I blame Zeke for all this nonsense. I know technically can afford to retain Byron, but it would’ve been much easier to maneuver if Zeke hadn’t pulled his power play

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I would just like to point how funny it is that the same posters who don’t want to pay players “because stats” are bending over backwards to defend Byron Jones who doesn’t make any plays.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I blame Zeke for all this nonsense. I know technically can afford to retain Byron, but it would’ve been much easier to maneuver if Zeke hadn’t pulled his power play

So shouldn't you blame Jerry for caving and paying him? I doubt our record would have been any different last year without Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Based off of what he did his first three seasons he deserved to be the highest paid RB. Dak and Amari’s contracts will have more to do with us losing Jones than Zeke’s deal. We can’t pay everyone and someone is going to be the odd man out. We’re trying to keep all our playmakers. Jones isn’t worth being the highest paid corner in the league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would just like to point how funny it is that the same posters who don’t want to pay players “because stats” are bending over backwards to defend Byron Jones who doesn’t make any plays.

Context always matter and not every position is the same.

You guys try to generalize and thats why you love Dak's 5000 yards and 30 TD's but when you break it down it is nothing special.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think the Oline has been good.

Part of the problem is telegraphing our plays and a QB that wants to hold on to the ball because he isn't comfortable throwing into tight windows.

Oline is the least of our problems.

Pretty good isn't what you expect with that type of investment.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
i think about 35% of Byron's value should be attributed to the guy thats been playing on the other side of the field. Why would anyone throw his way when the other CB is giving so much space?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pretty good isn't what you expect with that type of investment.

Well they're getting older. Most of those guys have been here since 2014.

I think if you gave any GM the option for any OL in football then the Cowboys OL is still going to get chosen in the top 2 or 3.

The OL is the least of our problems. Blaming them for anything is silly.

johneric8

Reaction score

And they're going to let him walk?

We have a terrible secondary. He's the one bright spot.

Let him go, and then what?

I can see you're stuck into the mind numbing Jason Freckled Puppet Garret's way of hanging onto players! The smart thing is to draft younger players or sign higher risk free agents to fill these voids. If we want to improve we have to be smart about signing these guys on the back end of the careers. Sure Byron is great but he didn't help much last year when our defense basically couldn't do squat most of the year. I think you got Garrett "Itis"..

Tussinman

Reaction score
This team had two major problems, the D and ST. I would keep Jones over Cooper if that were the choice.
I'd rather let Cooper walk and use to that money to buy Byron + 2 free agent DT's then use either a 2nd or 3rd for a solid WR (this is a stacked class for WR) then use the 1st for saftey

You've lost Cooper but have gained 4 upgraded positions