Twitter: Byron Jones thanked the Cowboys for helping him become a better player

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Everything you look for in a player......

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-latest-news-rumors/
2:30 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Byron Jones in high demand
The market for Byron Jones is enormous, as the soon to be former Cowboys cornerback is in high demand. Without getting into team particulars I can tell you: 1) Jones is universally graded as the top free agent cornerback; 2) the contract he eventually signs will be larger than anything people presently project; and 3) the ultimate situation will come down to where Jones wants to play moving forward, as he will have several suitors offering huge contracts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Watch him have 6 ints next year, lol but he wouldn't have here.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit but honestly, even with interceptions, we still couldn't afford to pay him if we're paying Dak, Zeke, Coop and DLaw.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm not too upset about losing Byron, he's a good player, but rather invest up front or have a corner that forces turnovers.

However, I think the Cowboys could have played these contract situations better locking up Amari and Dak earlier and then see what you could do with Byron for draft picks.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm not too upset about losing Byron, he's a good player, but rather invest up front or have a corner that forces turnovers.

However, I think the Cowboys could have played these contract situations better locking up Amari and Dak earlier and then see what you could do with Byron for draft picks.

who do you replace him with? He’s one of the top corners.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Everything you look for in a player......

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-latest-news-rumors/
2:30 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Byron Jones in high demand
The market for Byron Jones is enormous, as the soon to be former Cowboys cornerback is in high demand. Without getting into team particulars I can tell you: 1) Jones is universally graded as the top free agent cornerback; 2) the contract he eventually signs will be larger than anything people presently project; and 3) the ultimate situation will come down to where Jones wants to play moving forward, as he will have several suitors offering huge contracts.

It's weird that more players, and their agents, don't figure out that being classy to the former employer looks good to potential future employers.

Nobody wants to be the next employer of a disgruntled employee.