Twitter: Byron Jones thanked the Cowboys for helping him become a better player

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Won’t surprise me to see at least 2 CBS drafted this year. I love Jones, but young CBS is the way to go.

Daillest88

Reaction score
You know keeping Jones isn’t hard. DeMarcus Lawrence contract was made for restructuring. We could save 12 million on the cap next year and than cut Crawford boom there’s 20 million. We haven’t restructured in the past few years that much at all , especially with the new CBA the cap will probably go up more

Rayman70

Reaction score
Go get Chris Harris and sign him. He's better than any DB on our team. Then draft a couple. No way I keep Byron.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
who do you replace him with? He’s one of the top corners.

I assume the plan will be for Lewis to step into a starting role. Not sure who the nickel corner would be, unless we're able to get Anthony Brown to return for cheap since he's coming off injury.

I'm not necessarily a fan of doing it this way, but that's what I believe will happen.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Personally i do not want to lose Jones i like him no drama on or off the field, class act, yeah he doesn't get the picks but we will feel this loss next season IMO i know a lot will not agree with me and thats fine just my 2 cents

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Meh. All of today's Cowboys star players are being super greedy. Don't feel any kind of remorse for them whatsoever since they clearly are putting themselves above the team.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Everything you look for in a player......

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-latest-news-rumors/
2:30 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Byron Jones in high demand
The market for Byron Jones is enormous, as the soon to be former Cowboys cornerback is in high demand. Without getting into team particulars I can tell you: 1) Jones is universally graded as the top free agent cornerback; 2) the contract he eventually signs will be larger than anything people presently project; and 3) the ultimate situation will come down to where Jones wants to play moving forward, as he will have several suitors offering huge contracts.

A skilled player and a classy guy? Yes,let's pass.:rolleyes:

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
who takes a pay cut to work?

Seriously.

I want to walk up to some of these clowns while their on the job and tell them to take a pay cut.

Easy to spout this garbage when it’s for your own entertainment/amusement.

But the moment that stuff applies to you...

vlad

Reaction score
I guess I'm flying solo here but I'd rather pay him than Cooper. How much money are you going to sink into this offense? But I believe the Jones' play more fantasy football than anything else and will focus on having traded a 1st for him

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Personally i do not want to lose Jones i like him no drama on or off the field, class act, yeah he doesn't get the picks but we will feel this loss next season IMO i know a lot will not agree with me and thats fine just my 2 cents

Our 1st three picks iin the draft, we can draft a CB who can follow the WR around. Jones wasn't a game changer.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I guess I'm flying solo here but I'd rather pay him than Cooper. How much money are you going to sink into this offense? But I believe the Jones' play more fantasy football than anything else and will focus on having traded a 1st for him

No way you let Cooper walk.