C.J. Andersen released

LittleD

Reaction score
And they don't know the NFL passing game and can't block like an NFL vet

Zeke did his first year. They learn the NFL game pretty quickly in order to get their money. Why pay age some big money that can
be used for better players in the long run.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Here was CJ Anderson's public reaction to Denver firing their RB coach, Eric Studesville, after last season:

Don't be surprised if the Cowboys pass on him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Zeke did his first year. They learn the NFL game pretty quickly in order to get their money. Why pay age some big money that can
EE has 2 catches a game in his career....hardly a weapon

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
He's an above average RB and will be a backup in Dallas. I guess it depends on what your idea of a difference maker is. If Elliott were to sustain an injury that cost him a game or two, would you want Smith as our starter? I wouldn't. I don't disagree that we need to draft a change of pace back, but even that type of back isn't going to work as a fill-in for Elliott.

Their both power type backs
Yeah I don't know about that...he's got 10x the mileage on him but Smith is has been legit when given chances.

That's what I'm saying.. Both are power runners..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk here in Denver about them moving up to get Barkley.

Kind of makes me wonder if they have a deal in place NY or if they believe Cleveland is most likely going to draft Chubb at #4.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Weird cut. He was decent last year -- 1,000 yards, 4.1 average, etc.
His stats were decent. But he had some stinkers in there. I think the whole 1k yard standard Is sort of overrated at this point. I think Zeke nearly had 1k yards and he struggled last year and he missed 6 games.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You guys need to understand the economics of the NFL today. You don't pay age no matter how good.
You let them go at least 1 year early and keep drafting the future of your team.

CJ Anderson just turned 27...? What is your point here?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

A top 5 overall selection who was known as an all around back picked up blocking and pass catching quickly? You dont say lmao.

Comparing Zeke to a late round rookie is..... Nevermind.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
RB has become a deep position in the last few drafts and 2018 should offer some quaity RBs in rounds 3-7.

Heck, even Bo Scarbrough could be a worth a 5th or 6th.

Last year Green Bay found Jamaal Williams in the 4th, Aaron Jones in the 5th, and Devante Mays in the 7th. They all factored into their RB rotation last season and Williams/Jones will be fighting for the starting job in 2018 (Williams will get it b/c of Jones' likely 4game suspension)

IMO: Larry Rose III (NMSU) is an underrated RB with good all-around talent. IMO would be worth a 6th or UDFA to fight for that #2 RB spot